Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?

Go down 
+6
koolkat
Jake92
hallmarkgrad
nochain
mediawatcher
Eric
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
koolkat

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 3:57 pm

The one thing we have to remember is Bergdahl hasn't spoken yet so we don't know what actually happened. He wasn't the only one who left his post. I agree the insurance is not enough to cover the families losses and it is sad but in time of combat I don't think it's fair to blame it on Bergdahl. It could have happened for any reason.
As for Obama, I think he's been a good President that has tried to compromise but he has been targeted for obstruction no matter what he does and there was no time to play games w/ the congress. He made an executive decision which he should have done.Bergdahl's life was in danger. I know you don't like Obama but that is my opinion, Nochain.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:53 pm

Not fair to blame it on Bergdahl?  C'mon, man.  It is a fact that these young men were killed while looking for Bergdahl.  They wouldn't have been out there in harm's way if he had stayed with his unit.

Four young men would have probably survived the rest of their deployment and returned home to their families.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:44 pm

No, I don't think that's fair to blame that on Bergdahl. He didn't ask them to come looking for him. We really don't know how he was captured yet.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 6:04 am

koolkat wrote:
There were no points on the board attempted.Your dislike for the President is noted but not relevant.Blaming Bergdahl for the deaths of the searchers is dishonest.Bergdahl has not received positive attention and his family has received death threats. You're just looking for a another way to tarnish the President.He did the right thing.

National security advisor Susan Rice is on record as making the 'points on the board' comments to the cowh at a meeting discussing the trade of terrorists for Berghdal....Nothing to do with my dislike for the cowh...it's on record and others attending heard the same comments....Don't need to 'tarnish' this cowh...he's doing the damage on his own...Wait til he bypasses Congress and starts with amnesty for the immigrants....bet he gets heat from dems on that too...
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 6:07 am

koolkat wrote:
No, I don't think that's fair to blame that on Bergdahl. He didn't ask them to come looking for him. We really don't know how he was captured yet.

You are aware that there is NO ONE claiming that this was anything other than deserting...Mailed his clothes/personal belongings home prior etc.,... This is one of those issues that there is no defense of this deserter.... "He didn't ask them to come looking for him"---that's your defense of this character?....Very weak....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 6:09 am

koolkat wrote:
The one thing we have to remember is Bergdahl hasn't spoken yet so we don't know what actually happened. He wasn't the only one who left his post. I agree the insurance is not enough to cover the families losses and it is sad but in time of combat I don't think it's fair to blame it on Bergdahl. It could have happened for any reason.
As for Obama, I think he's been a good President that has tried to compromise but he has been targeted for obstruction no matter what he does and there was no time to play games w/ the congress. He made an executive decision which he should have done.Bergdahl's life was in danger. I know you don't like Obama but that is my opinion, Nochain.

'nochain' voted for him and had a bumpersticker on his vehicle the first election....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 7:23 am

mediawatcher wrote:
koolkat wrote:

'nochain' voted for him and had a bumpersticker on his vehicle the first election....

That's just wrong wrong wrong...........
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 7:48 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
koolkat wrote:

That's just wrong wrong wrong...........

You wanted that to be quiet?.....
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 2:09 pm

My question is what evidence does anyone have of what happened to Bergdahl? There's lots of speculation and innuendos but no evidence. Obama did the right thing in getting him back for prisoners who were going to be released anyway w/ or w/o permission of congress. It was Obama's executive power decision and his right to do so when it comes to a human life.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 2:48 pm

Why do you keep saying "prisoners who were going to be released anyway"? Do have access to some sort of top secret intelligence information about GITMO detainees? I do like the free pass you give BHO for breaking a law he himself signed. I find that.....humorous...

You disregard the statements of Bergdahls former fellow soldiers, you ignore the fact he shipped his belongings home, in short you seem willing to ignore facts and will only believe what Bergdahl has to say when and if. I can assure you his statement, if it ever comes, will show him in the best light possible. It's called self-preservation although most people will probably call it lies. For some reason.
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 5:10 pm

When wars end, prisoners taken custody must be released. These five Guantanamo detainees were almost all members of the Taliban, according to the biographies of the five detainees that the Afghan Analysts Network compiled in 2012. None were facing charges in either military or civilian courts for their actions. It remains an open question whether the end of U.S. involvement in the armed conflict in Afghanistan requires that all Guantanamo detainees must be released. But there is no doubt that Taliban detainees captured in Afghanistan must be released because the armed conflict against the Taliban will be over."

Mr. Nochain:

The statements of the fellow soldiers are speculation. They do not know what actually happened to Bergdahl.The shipping of his belongings home are SPECULATION as to why! When there is evidence Bergdahl deserted then I will condemn this man.So far there isn't. Obama made the right decision.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 7:58 pm

koolkat wrote:
When wars end, prisoners taken custody must be released. These five Guantanamo detainees were almost all members of the Taliban, according to the biographies of the five detainees that the Afghan Analysts Network compiled in 2012. None were facing charges in either military or civilian courts for their actions. It remains an open question whether the end of U.S. involvement in the armed conflict in Afghanistan requires that all Guantanamo detainees must be released. But there is no doubt that Taliban detainees captured in Afghanistan must be released because the armed conflict against the Taliban will be over."

Mr. Nochain:

The statements of the fellow soldiers are speculation. They do not know what actually happened to Bergdahl.The shipping of his belongings home are SPECULATION as to why! When there is evidence Bergdahl deserted then I will condemn this man.So far there isn't. Obama made the right decision.

I'm not condemning Bergdahl... or saying he has to be punished.... but it is obvious that he wasn't where he was supposed to be and young lives were lost looking for him. That is the real tragedy here, IMO.

I can only assume that the facts will come out regarding his absence and appropriate action taken, if any.

The prisoner exchange is no biggie to me. Hell, they have to do SOMETHING with those Gitmo guys at the end of the Afghanistan conflict.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:03 pm

nochain wrote:
Why do you keep saying "prisoners who were going to be released anyway"? Do have access to some sort of top secret intelligence information about GITMO detainees? I do like the free pass you give BHO for breaking a law he himself signed. I find that.....humorous...

You disregard the statements of Bergdahls former fellow soldiers, you ignore the fact he shipped his belongings home, in short you seem willing to ignore facts and will only believe what Bergdahl has to say when and if. I can assure you his statement, if it ever comes, will show him in the best light possible. It's called self-preservation although most people will probably call it lies. For some reason.

Not lies exactly.  I think you mean they are terminological inexactitudes.

Still, it doesn't look good on the home front for Bergdahl.  It'll be interesting on how they handle his absence.
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:50 pm

If Bergdahl is found to have deserted then they will probably take his military benefits away and court martial him. He wasn't in the best mental health status before or during his service. He should not get time though as he has been a POW for 5 yrs. Enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:27 am

nochain wrote:

Because that's been the plan of the cowh.... he's always wanted to shut down Gitmo..or at least that's what he campaigned on six years ago...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:50 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

Because that's been the plan of the cowh.... he's always wanted to shut down Gitmo..or at least that's what he campaigned on six years ago...

It's simple, gather all the "detainees", haul them over to the desert in Libya or somewhere and turn em loose with a case of water and MRE's. End of problem.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:54 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

It's simple, gather all the "detainees", haul them over to the desert in Libya or somewhere and turn em loose with a case of water and MRE's. End of problem.

Or perhaps an open cargo door during the flight....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:12 am

California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein said Wednesday: "I strongly believe that we should have been consulted, that the law should have been followed. And I very much regret that that was not the case."

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:20 am

nochain wrote:
California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein said  Wednesday: "I strongly believe that we should have been consulted, that the law should have been followed. And I very much regret that that was not the case."

OK....now what senator?.... Well the soundbite probably sounded good for about the 10 seconds it took to make..
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 11:47 am

I wouldn't have worried about consulting them either. It would have taken months. He was in bad shape. The right was done.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 7:08 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein said  Wednesday: "I strongly believe that we should have been consulted, that the law should have been followed. And I very much regret that that was not the case."

OK....now what senator?.... Well the soundbite probably sounded good for about the 10 seconds it took to make..

I apologize on behalf of my home state for producing this idiot. No one should consult her about anything even remotely approaching an important subject.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 4:57 am

riceme wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

I apologize on behalf of my home state for producing this idiot. No one should consult her about anything even remotely approaching an important subject.

Every State has at least one... It's the citizens that continue to re-elect them that should be apologizing...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 8:11 am

koolkat wrote:
I wouldn't have worried about consulting them either. It would have taken months. He was in bad shape. The right was done.

Sure. That's why he passed a health check when he arrived in Germany.

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVm15cdCjsTpqWW5-VbQ8LMGJkW5GrncUza7mbJBwIMY_gMaay
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 am

nochain wrote:
koolkat wrote:

Sure. That's why he passed a health check when he arrived in Germany.

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVm15cdCjsTpqWW5-VbQ8LMGJkW5GrncUza7mbJBwIMY_gMaay

It was done to put some [positive] points on the board....oops!
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:47 am

It's time for you to realize more Americans like Obama than not. He was reelected by more than 5 million votes and all the insults in the world are not going to change that. Move on,man. You're stuck and stagnating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next