Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?

Go down 
+6
koolkat
Jake92
hallmarkgrad
nochain
mediawatcher
Eric
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
nochain

nochain

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:53 am

Otter wrote:
I don't think I need anything else. Obama has never been convicted of violating the war powers act so the blatant statement that he has done so  is no more an absolute truth (as it was posted to seem)  than in any of the other instances I've posted about Ford, Reagan, George the First and Clinton.

That makes me suspect the rest of the post to be just there for tools and I'm agin' reading stuff for tools.

I'd ask if all ballet dancers were confused but I don't want to get into that one.

I kinda figured you would be happy that it looks like the Bergdahl affair is going to be swept under the rug. I stated before I suspect he will eventually be discharged, probably medically but possibly just administratively. Then he can write a book and all his sympathizers can buy copies, have book club meetings to discuss his finally revealed desire to be a ballet dancer for the FFL, then they can meet at Starbucks for much needed refreshment afterwards. Who knows, perhaps one day he will find himself and become a Tibetan Monk. Then he can perform self-immolation to protest intrusions into the Tibetan culture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:55 am

Most  kids are all over the place until they reach about their mid-20's.  The French Foreign Legion has accepted a lot of Americans into its ranks and is a respectable fighting force. Maybe he just watched too many movies. Maybe he liked their uniforms.

I don't think ballet has anything to do with being confused. Great ballet stars are also great athletes. It takes a lot of discipline.

If he's being sent back to serve the army must not have found enough evidence to charge him as a deserter.
Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 11:47 am

Ballet to the French Foreign Legion (rejected) to the Coast Guard ( released) to the army ( walked to the enemy).

Trying to find himself? Ever dawn on anyone he is going back to duty so the government can save face retrieving this loose screw that should have never been allowed to serve? So where will his menial job be? Perhaps counting light bulbs.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:34 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Ballet to the French Foreign Legion (rejected) to the Coast Guard  ( released) to the army ( walked to the enemy).

Trying to find himself? Ever dawn on anyone he is going back to duty so the government can save face retrieving this loose screw that should have never been allowed to serve? So where will his menial job be? Perhaps counting light bulbs.

Why not just medically discharge...blame it on that...give him his back pay and benefits and move along with it... There's not reason to hold him accountable for his actions when the cowh is never responsible for his actions and blames everyone else...just another entitlement that will be picked up by the taxpayers and another slap in the face to veterans that actually served, sacrificed, those that gave their lives, and actually contribute to society... All done to cover another blunder by the cowh...as posted above...'so the government can save face' and yet they are so willing to slap the faces of honorable serving men and women and the millions of others that served and honorable duty actually meant something...It's sickening that this individual has gone to the head of the line for treatment and hundreds perhaps thousands that did their service have been treated worse than a freakin deserter... If this has to be explained to anyone then it ain't worth the effort because we as a nation have truly lost our values and our way...
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 5:18 pm

I really think by keeping him in, they are covering up the big blunder of enlisting him with a mental deficit.  Apparently it was recognized by the coast Guard....and perhaps his ballet teacher.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 5:20 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
I really think by keeping him in, they are covering up the big blunder of enlisting him with a mental deficit.  Apparently it was recognized by the coast Guard....and perhaps his ballet teacher.

Thought it was reported that he received a waiver after being examined before entering the Army....
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 5:57 pm

One of the worst things is that he was found eligible for a security clearance and had access to top secret info...
WHO were the people that investigated him??
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 6:10 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Thought it was reported that he received a waiver after being examined before entering the Army....

Maybe that was a mistake. Did ever see anything about why the Coast Guard released him...

I looked a while back but never found the reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 6:32 pm

It's a death sentence to send him back. Who wants this guy to have their back? Or have his ?
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 6:46 pm

He will never see combat again....and probably will never carry a weapon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 7:35 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
He will never see combat again....and probably will never carry a weapon.

I see. hmm. I guess he might be better suited to north com or running a FEMA re-education camp. Wink 
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:04 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Ballet to the French Foreign Legion (rejected) to the Coast Guard  ( released) to the army ( walked to the enemy).

Why not just medically discharge...blame it on that...give him his back pay and benefits and move along with it... There's not reason to hold him accountable for his actions when the cowh is never responsible for his actions and blames everyone else...just another entitlement that will be picked up by the taxpayers and another slap in the face to veterans that actually served, sacrificed, those that gave their lives, and actually contribute to society... All done to cover another blunder by the cowh...as posted above...'so the government can save face' and yet they are so willing to slap the faces of honorable serving men and women and the millions of others that served and honorable duty actually meant something...It's sickening that this individual has gone to the head of the line for treatment and hundreds perhaps thousands that did their service have been treated worse than a freakin deserter... If this has to be explained to anyone then it ain't worth the effort because we as a nation have truly lost our values and our way...

I'll tell you one thing. You can keep those values and ways. I would never want either of those two if it means condemning a man before you know the facts. That's what's sickening and apparently the American way.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:58 am

koolkat wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I'll tell you one thing. You can keep those values and ways. I would never want either of those two if it means condemning a man before you know the facts. That's what's sickening and apparently the American way.

Would agree if the facts in this case weren't known.....HE LEFT.....he sent his personal property home....expressed his disgust with the military and some in his chain of command on social media...These are some of the facts and the military was aware as were those that served with him...

Prior to the exchange of five high value terrorists... National Security Advisor is on record advising the cowh to 'put some points on the board' due to the endless bad publicity/scandals directed toward the administration....Sounds more like a bad plan was done in order to promote a political agenda....Further proof was the Rose Garden Press Conference with the parents....then the fingerpointng blame began...Administration said Sec of Def Hagel approved the swap and then Hagel in an interview said the approved....Once again amateur hour in this administration after the public started learning the facts about the deserter ...

What's 'sickening' and certainly SHOULD NOT be the American Way is making a deal that is harmful to the national security of this nation...which was admitted by the cowh...and once again sending a puppet of the administration [Susan Rice] with another bogus cover story to say Berghdal had served with 'honor and distinction'....
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 7:54 am

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/07/david-swanson/the-kill-team-movie/

Maybe he just got bored...he should have joined a kill team and made us proud....
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 8:18 am

Army Sgt. Bergdahl has been given a desk job at a Texas military base while he awaits the outcome of an investigation that could lead to disciplinary charges, Pentagon officials said Monday.
Six weeks after his release from Taliban captivity, Bergdahl, 28, was back on active duty and was being given "administrative type duties."
"Essentially, he'll be doing a desk job," said Army Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman.
Bergdahl nominally has been on active duty since his release on June 2, and "he remains on active duty" in his new job at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston in Texas, Warren said.
He is living at the non-commissioned officers' barracks and "is not restricted in any way" in his movements on the base, Warren said.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:53 pm

It was reported today......Bergdahl has two sponsors with him. Definition.....he is constantly being watched and supervised.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:05 pm

They would need more than 2 "sponsors" to watch me. I would have 5 years worth of Booze and Bimbos to catch up with.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:30 pm

No 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:01 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
They would need more than 2 "sponsors" to watch me.  I would have 5 years worth of Booze and Bimbos  to catch up with.  

lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 am

Great post koolkat. I agree with you 100%. No conviction of any kind has been made in this case.

It's a shame so many people believe everything they read and condemn people before all the facts are in. That is definitely not the American way.
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Thank you Otter. We don't know what happened and people with their speculations have gotten the whole country in an uproar with death threats to him and his family. I don't think those sponsors are watching him. I think they're there for protection.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:12 pm

Absolutely....he his being protected.. and that includes protection from himself.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:42 pm

koolkat wrote:
Thank you Otter. We don't know what happened and people with their speculations have gotten the whole country in an uproar with death threats to him and his family. I don't think those sponsors are watching him. I think they're there for protection.

You may not but the Army does, as they concluded in 2009.

"An Army investigation conducted shortly after Bergdahl disappeared on June 30, 2009, is said to have determined that he chose to walk away from his unit’s patrol base in Paktika province."

He may not be charged with desertion if it is shown he was captured but the fact he was AWOL is a given. The additional wrinkle is that he went AWOL during combat. If they choose to charge him. I have a feeling they just want him to go away and will administratively discharge him calling it part of the reduction in force fiasco. There, all tidied up with no loose ends.

In edit: adding link

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2014/07/14/latest-destination-in-the-wild-ride-of-bowe-bergdahl-active-duty/
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Maybe it's just workplace desertion?
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Absolutely....he his being protected..  and that includes protection from himself.

When did they notify you of that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next