Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish

Go down 
+4
Joanimaroni
SheSurfs
Eric
riceme
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:28 am

Can one of you healthcare professionals(Joani and PB) please answer a question for me? On the other forum Chrissy wrote:

crisis actors. blood isnt that color like that. and odd how that lady had her entire half blown off and the rest of her is so clean

She sees this as staged and using crisis actors because blood isn't that color. If not red, what color is blood supposed to be when it is exposed to oxygen? The last time I dealt with chemistry I learned that when iron(as a component of blood) is exposed to oxygen you get a reddish color. In the structural world it is called rust.

So someone help me out here, what the hell is she talking about?

Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:58 am

Ghost....massive trauma from the blast would cause the victims to suffer arterial injuries rather than venous injuries (venous blood is darker). Arterial blood is bright red because of the hemoglobin. O2 is not a factor in color changes in old blood....blood over time will turn darker.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:01 am

Another conspiracy, huh? Are we supposed to believe that this shit didn't happen.

Oh, puleeze.

Well you know Chrissy and her far fetched ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Eric wrote:
Another conspiracy, huh? Are we supposed to believe that this shit didn't happen.

Oh, puleeze.

Yeah, this didn't happen. Move along, folks, move along. Nothing to see here. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Eric wrote:

Oh, puleeze.

Someone added that last sentence to my post. Administrators have the capability to edit posts (usually to remove inappropriate language). The edit button is right next to the quote button... and I have done that myself Embarassed
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Eric wrote:
Eric wrote:

Oh, puleeze.

Someone added that last sentence to my post. Administrators have the capability to edit posts (usually to remove inappropriate language). The edit button is right next to the quote button... and I have done that myself Embarassed

I understand... I've been there myself. That didn't sound like you to me!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 7:02 pm

YouTube video below is video footage from FBI, linked in this article.

F.B.I. Releases Images of Two Suspects in Boston Attack
By KATHARINE Q. SEELYE and MICHAEL COOPER
Published: April 18, 2013

Quote :
BOSTON — The F.B.I. on Thursday released still and video images of two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings — including a man who was seen setting down a backpack at the site of the second blast — and appealed for the public’s help identifying the men.

One was seen placing a dark-colored backpack outside the Forum restaurant, the site of the second bombing, just minutes before the explosion, said Richard DesLauriers, the special agent in charge of the F.B.I.'s Boston field office.

“Today we are enlisting the public’s help to identify the two suspects,” Mr. DesLauriers said at a news conference on Thursday evening in Boston.

In the video, both men are carrying backpacks, and wearing baseball caps, one a dark cap and one a white cap turned backward. They are walking along Boylston Street. A thin crowd could be seen watching the marathon runners, and the generally festive mood all around them was evident when a spectator in a bright blue jacket, holding several yellow balloons, walked in front of the two men.

The images were located as investigators spent hours since Monday afternoon’s attack poring over surveillance videos from stores near the scenes of the two deadly blasts, as well as footage take on smartphones and by television crews filming the Boston Marathon. “Within the last day or so, through that careful process, we initially developed a single person of interest,” Mr. DesLauriers said. “Not knowing if the individual was acting alone or in concert with others, we obviously worked with extreme purpose to make that determination.”

After a concerted effort, he said, investigators determined that a second suspect had been involved.

Both men appeared to be wearing dark-colored zippered-front jackets. The first, whom Mr. DesLauriers called Suspect 1, wore a dark-colored baseball cap with a white emblem on it and markings on the front, a white T-shirt and tan pants. Visible around the edges of his cap was short dark hair. The man he identified as Suspect 2 wore a white baseball cap backward, with dark-colored pants. He had slightly longer curly hair. The men appeared to be wearing hooded sweatshirts beneath the jackets.

Mr. DesLauriers did not characterize the appearance of the men or offer an opinion as to their possible ethnicity or national origin.

Mr. DesLauriers urged anyone who has seen the men, or who knows who they are, to call 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324).

Earlier Thursday, President Obama flew to Boston and told a service mourning victims of the bombings that “the spirit of this city is undaunted, and the spirit of this country shall remain undimmed.”

“Every one of us has been touched by this attack on your beloved city, every one of us stands with you,” Mr. Obama said in emotional remarks at an interfaith service in Boston’s Cathedral of the Holy Cross, where he mourned those who died, spoke in often personal terms about the city of Boston and ended with a rousing look forward to next year’s Boston Marathon.

As the president sought to console a shaken Boston, and a shaken nation, investigators continued to try to find out who was behind the attacks.

In Washington, Janet Napolitano, the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, addressed the attacks, telling a Congressional committee that the authorities are seeking to speak with “individuals” spotted in video footage.

“We have been collecting video from a variety of sources, as you might imagine, at the finish line of the Boston Marathon,” she said. “There’s lots and lots of video. There is some video that has raised the question of those that the F.B.I. would like to speak with.”

The interfaith service that Mr. Obama spoke at, “Healing Our City,” brought together Christian, Muslim and Jewish religious leaders, as well as prominent state and local leaders. Mitt Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts and Mr. Obama’s rival in last year’s presidential election, was among the dignitaries as the service.

Boston’s long-serving mayor, Thomas M. Menino, who recently announced that he would not seek a sixth term, got out of the wheelchair he has been using because of a broken leg and stood at the lectern to proclaim, “We are one Boston,” adding that he had never loved the city’s people more. And Gov. Deval L. Patrick of Massachusetts said that “we will have accountability without vengeance, vigilance without fear.”

Consoling a shaken public has become one of the jobs of American presidents in recent years, from the eulogy President Bill Clinton delivered at the Oklahoma City State Fair Arena after the deadly bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building there in 1995 to President George W. Bush’s trip to see the rescue workers at the smoldering ruins of the World Trade Center a few days after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, to the eulogies that President Obama has delivered after mass shootings in Tucson and, just months ago, Newtown, Conn.

At a Senate hearing Thursday morning, the nation’s top intelligence official, James R. Clapper Jr., echoed President Obama’s comments earlier this week that the authorities still do not know whether the attack was a foreign or domestic plot, carried out by one or more individuals or a group.

In a brief interview after the hearing, Mr. Clapper, the director of national intelligence, said all of the nation’s 16 intelligence agencies are supporting the F.B.I.-led investigation, with personnel as well as analytical and technical know-how. “We will bring all the resources that they need,” said Mr. Clapper, who declined to provide details.

In Boston, Mr. Obama spoke in personal terms about the victims of the bombing and offered prayers for their families. Krystle Campbell, 29, of Medford, Mass., was “always smiling,” he said, noting that her parents were at the service. He said that his prayers were with the family of Lu Lingzi, 23, in China, who had sent her to graduate school at Boston University “so that she could experience all that this city has to offer.” And he spoke about what he called the heartbreaking death Martin Richard, 8, of Dorchester, who was killed in the blast, which also wounded his mother and sister.

“His last hours were as perfect as an 8-year-old boy could hope for: with his family, eating ice cream at a sporting event,'’ the president said.

Katharine Q. Seelye reported from Boston, and Michael Cooper from New York. Reporting was contributed by John Eligon, Richard A. Oppel Jr. and Jess Bidgood from Boston; William K. Rashbaum from New York; and Scott Shane, Michael S. Schmidt and Eric Schmitt from Washington.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/19/us/fbi-releases-video-of-boston-bombing-suspects.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:17 am

Well, they got one of 'em. Killed him. He had an IED strapped to his chest. A manhunt underway for the other one.

Unfortunately, a policeman was killed in a high speed chase and shoot out.

They were brothers from Russia. Here is a photo of the one they are looking for.

http://news.yahoo.com/lightbox/image-provided-boston-regional-intelligence-center-shows-dzhokhar-photo-124623447.html

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's page on the Russian social networking site Vkontakte says he attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin School, graduating in 2011, the year he won the scholarship, which was celebrated with a reception at City Hall, according to a news release issued at the time. Before moving to the United States, he attended School No. 1 in Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan, a predominantly Muslim republic in Russia's North Caucasus that has become an epicenter of the Islamic insurgency that spilled over from Chechnya. On the site, he describes himself as speaking Chechen as well as English and Russian. His world view is described as "Islam" and he says his personal goal is "career and money."

Last edited by Eric on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:27 am

Eric wrote:
Eric wrote:

Oh, puleeze.

Sorry Eric, guilty as charged. I hit the edit button instead of the quote button. My bad.

Here is my post in the proper format: Well you know Chrissy and her far fetched ideas.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:00 am

No problem GR. Mistakes happen. As I said earlier, I have done it myself... more than once, lol.

Here's a pic of the two brothers implicated in the bombing...
Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 7deccefb93285c48091c2c7c933c221c

Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:21 am

Eric wrote:
No problem GR. Mistakes happen. As I said earlier, I have done it myself... more than once, lol.

I am listening to the uncle of these suspects and he is really coming down hard on them. He has called them losers. He has disassociated himself with the whole family to include the suspects mother and father who have moved back to Russia(Chechnya). The uncle stated that these boys have brought shame upon the family.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Interesting..... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/19/ties-between-islamic-extremist-groups-and-chechnya-well-documented/
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 2:59 pm

The father of the bomber's has been picked up by Russian authorities for questioning regarding his sons.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:

I am listening to the uncle of these suspects and he is really coming down hard on them. He has called them losers. He has disassociated himself with the whole family to include the suspects mother and father who have moved back to Russia(Chechnya). The uncle stated that these boys have brought shame upon the family.

Good for the uncle! Wondering... Joani just posted that they hauled the dad in for questioning. Is it possible that the folks did not return to Chechnya? Or maybe there's a step-dad involved, who knows. If they're Russian Orthodox -- or even if the whole family is Muslim -- that would be a big no-no.

I have a close friend who is a 2nd generation American Russian and is the spitting image of the guy who is still on the run, with the likely exception that my friend is 6'9". His white-boy afro is only slightly more tame than the @hole bomber's is.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:13 pm

riceme wrote:
Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:

Good for the uncle! Wondering... Joani just posted that they hauled the dad in for questioning. Is it possible that the folks did not return to Chechnya? Or maybe there's a step-dad involved, who knows. If they're Russian Orthodox -- or even if the whole family is Muslim -- that would be a big no-no.

I have a close friend who is a 2nd generation American Russian and is the spitting image of the guy who is still on the run, with the likely exception that my friend is 6'9". His white-boy afro is only slightly more tame than the @hole bomber's is.

He was hauled in by the Russian authorities in his hometown. From what I understand he was questioned and released and is now on his way back to the US.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:

He was hauled in by the Russian authorities in his hometown. From what I understand he was questioned and released and is now on his way back to the US.

Oh wow... THAT'S interesting! I'm so glad that Russia is cooperating with and supporting us on this... that's fantastic. I never would have guessed that since they've been pretty damn pissed at us after we banned 18 of their citizens from entering the US. Sounds like the envoy visiting from Russia has had a positive impact.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:59 pm

The second suspect has been captured.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Eric wrote:
The second suspect has been captured.

Awesome news. cheers
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:22 pm

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
riceme wrote:
Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:

And you can bet your butt....Putin had the father found.... the older bomber suspect was in Russia from Jan 2012-July 2012.

Even before the Chechen connection surfaced publicly on Friday, Putin condemned the explosions as a "disgusting" crime and offered to help the U.S. investigation in any way he could. On Friday, the suspects' father, who is living in Russia, told CNN that he had been questioned by Russian authorities before being released.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/04/19/obama-putin-boston-bombing/2098021/

Moscow has long claimed that Chechen rebels have close links with al-Qaeda, that Arab fighters joined Chechen fighters during the wars, and that some Chechen militants joined the fight in Afghanistan. These claims may receive additional U.S. attention after the Boston events.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anya-schmemann/boston-bomber-us-russia-ties_b_3118244.html
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:51 pm

The older brother was known to the FBI....the FBI interviewed the older brother at the request of a foreign government in 2011, and nothing derogatory was found, according to a federal law enforcement official who was not authorized to discuss the case publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

The official did not identify the foreign country or say why it made the request.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:17 am

It's never a bright move to decide you are going to take on the Boston and their police department. They tend to put police tape around your whole city, lock it down, get full cooperation from the citizenry and find you.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Boston citizens are resilient.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:48 pm

I have to say that I was surprised at how quickly they tracked down those two idiots. Great work!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 4:36 pm

BOSTON (AP) — As churches paused to mourn the dead and console the survivors of the Boston Marathon bombing Sunday, the city's police commissioner said the two suspects had such a large cache of weapons that they were probably planning other attacks.

After the two brothers engaged in a gun battle with police early Friday, authorities surveying the scene of the shootout found it was loaded with unexploded homemade bombs. They also found more than 250 rounds of ammunition.

Police Commissioner Ed Davis said the stockpile was "as dangerous as it gets in urban policing."

"We have reason to believe, based upon the evidence that was found at that scene — the explosions, the explosive ordnance that was unexploded and the firepower that they had — that they were going to attack other individuals. That's my belief at this point." Davis told CBS's "Face the Nation."
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Scary...

Glad one's dead and the other is in custody. And hoping that their group is not more widespread than just the two of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish    Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Explosions Reported at Boston Marathon Finish
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next