Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey Teo. Did you ever finish your bunker?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Hey Teo.  Did you ever finish your bunker? Empty
PostSubject: Hey Teo. Did you ever finish your bunker?   Hey Teo.  Did you ever finish your bunker? EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:38 pm

I knew you started working on an underground shelter. If you didn't finish it, I understand. I start a lot of projects and then move on to other things, putting projects on the back burner.

Did you get flooded out over there?

I had some damage here at my house in P'cola. A cutesy sign near the front door got blown off the nail. I hung it back up, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Hey Teo. Did you ever finish your bunker?   Hey Teo.  Did you ever finish your bunker? EmptyFri May 02, 2014 10:04 pm

LOL glad your repairs were effective...and cheap...I filled the big hole back in deciding, why would I want to live in a world where all my friends and family were gone? I can't afford to build a bunker that would hold feed and sleep the whole crowd....although I may build a smaller unit that I can jump in when tornadoes go over. My Iphone has alarmed 3 times now with a tornado warning and woke me up. I get up, get dressed and then scratch my head wondering where to go. First time I went out and drove around..yup, stupid !...I decided until I build a small storm shelter I will still get up and get dressed when the alarm goes off not wanting to be found dead in my PJs.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Hey Teo. Did you ever finish your bunker?   Hey Teo.  Did you ever finish your bunker? EmptyFri May 02, 2014 10:47 pm

You could install a concrete septic tank and put a different manhole on it so you could get inside quickly.

That could be a quick and easy install. Not necessarily cheap, though.

How about a cemetery vault?
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Hey Teo. Did you ever finish your bunker?   Hey Teo.  Did you ever finish your bunker? EmptyFri May 02, 2014 11:21 pm

Cemetery vault ? Yeah then I could walk around on foggy nights and rush back to my bunker before the sun came up.. Hum Septic tank ?..you do know somedays I may feel like that but I don't wish to admit it by dwelling in a septic tank..It's a hard choice...some have suggested those 20 ft semi trailers and there are special made steel fiberglass and concrete storm shelters.....all a bit pricey..but then again what's your life worth ?.. I have the fear that I would get down in it and a car or tree would blow over the door and I would be stuck there entombed....in that case maybe the vault...sheesh..gloomy subject.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Hey Teo. Did you ever finish your bunker?   Hey Teo.  Did you ever finish your bunker? EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:54 am

I think I'll take my chances aboveground.  Claustrophobia would be a problem.  

A septic tank company in Pensacola had a deal to sell & install steel fallout shelters and installed one at their office.  The fallout shelter company folded and the septic tank installer used that shelter for many years to store diesel.  I was regulating pollutant storage tanks at the time they dug it up and it was very well built and it didn't leak.

It had wide stairs going down into it.  It would have made a great storm shelter if you don't mind crawling into a hole in the ground.

We have a bathroom on our lowest floor in Hoover that we use as a shelter.  We stock it with a weather radio, water, snacks, dog food (for the dogs), flashlights, and a small first aid kit.  This week, a half-mile wide tornado missed us by 4 miles or so.  It's scary up there.  They have huge rotating sirens that could wake up the dead.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Hey Teo. Did you ever finish your bunker?   Hey Teo.  Did you ever finish your bunker? EmptySat May 03, 2014 10:30 am

Hey Teo.  Did you ever finish your bunker? 5459d220f5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Teo. Did you ever finish your bunker?   Hey Teo.  Did you ever finish your bunker? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Teo. Did you ever finish your bunker?
Page 1 of 1