Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing Empty
PostSubject: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 5:16 pm

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/10/12/ebola/z3DybKoXBg0XjPO6m5yVgK/story.html

A Braintree medical center was briefly closed and a patient who had been to West Africa was isolated outside the facility after complaining of headaches and muscle aches, officials at the facility said.

Public safety officials had closed Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, citing “ebola protocol,” because of the complaints of the patient, who had traveled to Liberia.

Minutes later a middle-aged man wearing a surgical mask and sitting upright on a stretcher was wheeled across Grossman Drive and into another waiting ambulance.

Police, fire officials, and emergency medical services are at the scene, along with a hazmat team, Zanca said.

-

People need to think harder about this. I mean come on.

Note this information below please. Its regarding the flu, but still relevant about aerosol viruses.

Surgical masks will not block aerosolized particles as small as a droplet containing influenza virions from entering the airway

In order to prevent transmission of communicable respiratory diseases like swine flu,the CDC suggests that masks rated N95, N99, or N100 be used. The European equivalent is a mask rated EN 149 FFFP 3. The “95″ rating means that the mask will stop 95% of particles .3 microns or larger in size (the airborne droplets containing influenza microbes are about .5 microns in size.)

Now look at this pic.

possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing Boghosian_Ebola2_MET

They need to be wearing one of these.

possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing Shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcT744iMC4zkwnZw6KCEJ9Ip6hXm-EsP1quZ-_5c6miqcdxeOK7c-YRSRr8ADwdZUCIHRwTwdW4m&usqp=CAE

or at least one of these.

possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing Shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhLaBcacO_0Y-l6IXWkKwYNap43vGuHLwYi4dZ7dBmrR3FMzw4T2lDViojgY1z95YkbFH946umZQ&usqp=CAE

Back to top Go down

possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 5:17 pm

and he's still wearing his gloves...................... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Darwin awards for everyone !
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:28 pm

Beats the mask used during the Spanish Flu almost a century ago. It had a hole for a cigarette.

possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing Smoking%20mask%20spanish%20flu
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Maybe the guy wearing the gloves was wearing them pre-exposure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Eric wrote:
Beats the mask used during the Spanish Flu almost a century ago.  It had a hole for a cigarette.

possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing Smoking%20mask%20spanish%20flu

Is that for real?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Chrissy-Boo wrote:

Is that for real?

Popular Science seemed to think so.  Here's the article.

So the magazine published a how-to for making a mask that allows the wearer to smoke while wearing it. However, to comply with flu-mask laws, the DIY prophylactic had no outlet for exhaled smoke. You were just supposed to swallow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 3:04 pm

Eric wrote:
Chrissy-Boo wrote:

Is that for real?

Popular Science seemed to think so.  Here's the article.

So the magazine published a how-to for making a mask that allows the wearer to smoke while wearing it. However, to comply with flu-mask laws, the DIY prophylactic had no outlet for exhaled smoke. You were just supposed to swallow.

WOW! it always amazes me when I read about how lax stuff was back then. Regulatory agencies still ask if you pipette by mouth LOL EW!

The days of innocence.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:11 pm

I remember suturing cuts in the ER while the patient and myself were smoking cigarettes..  That was in the early-mid 70's..  Doctors did it too..... Sometimes in the early 70's, we didn't even wear gloves...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:41 pm

Jake92 wrote:
I remember suturing cuts in the ER while the patient and myself were smoking cigarettes..  That was in the early-mid 70's..  Doctors did it too.....  Sometimes in the early 70's, we didn't even wear gloves...

Those were the days of innocence.

Im not a advocate of the many regulations on healthcare, but I am for all of the safety ones.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:52 pm

I agree 100% Chrissy......BOO!!!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:24 pm

I remember being in the ER at Baptist in the 1960's and a guy came walking in with a lot of blood on his arm. I guessed he was the victim of a knife fight.

He was dripping blood all over the floor. He took the rag he had on his arm, wiped the floor and then put the rag back on his arm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 6:31 am

Look at this crap. I cant believe it. These people in suits just had potential contact with ebola patients. Behind is one lady completely unprotected and another who is also completely unprotected and not only that she has open toed shoes. The people you see unprotected are the CDC.

possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing 2014-10-08T090141Z_1239656358_GM1EAA8144S01_RTRMADP_3_HEALTH-EBOLA-USA-TRAINING

I wrote the CDC this morning. I know, who am I. But I felt compelled to stick my 2cents in it because Im watching all these very lax measures and its bugging me.

also, listen to this news, its eye opening. I agree. we need specialized team in one place as I mentioned earlier.
http://news.yahoo.com/cdc-head-criticized-blaming-protocol-breach-nurse-gets-040454561.html

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing   possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing Empty

Back to top Go down

possible ebola in boston, look at the type of mask they have thier hazmat team wearing
Page 1 of 1