Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ebola can be transfered in human breath and a n95 mask won't stop it.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ebola can be transfered in human breath and a n95 mask won't stop it. Empty
PostSubject: Ebola can be transfered in human breath and a n95 mask won't stop it.   Ebola can be transfered in human breath and a n95 mask won't stop it. EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 8:27 am

http://www.doomandbloom.net/airborne-ebola/

I’ve always felt that the issue of airborne transmission was more a question of semantics than anything else. Ebola is well known to be transmittable by inhalation. Droplets of blood, vomit, mucus, saliva, and other fluids spewed into the air by a patient and then inhaled by another can certainly transmit the virus. Therefore, ebola can be caught through the air. The question is: Can you get it by simply breathing the air in the room and airplane where an ebola patient is present.

The answer is still “probably not likely”, but the CIDRAP report changes that to “probably not likely, but possible”.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ebola can be transfered in human breath and a n95 mask won't stop it.   Ebola can be transfered in human breath and a n95 mask won't stop it. EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:03 am

One thing I have pondered the last few days...

We all know that a single Ebola virion is incredibly small, but they are not expelled by themselves, I wouldn't think. They are probably embedded in microscopic droplets of saliva, which are thousands of times larger.

People a lot smarter than I have analyzed the potential of the N95 mask, but are they considering the pore size of the masks against Ebola, or the droplets?

It would probably be 10,000 times higher chance of airborne infection if the infected person sneezes as compared to normal breathing. That's just a SWAG on my part, though.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Ebola can be transfered in human breath and a n95 mask won't stop it.   Ebola can be transfered in human breath and a n95 mask won't stop it. EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 8:51 pm

I actually wrote the CDC a letter about the n95 mask two days ago

That's been bothering me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebola can be transfered in human breath and a n95 mask won't stop it.   Ebola can be transfered in human breath and a n95 mask won't stop it. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ebola can be transfered in human breath and a n95 mask won't stop it.
Page 1 of 1