Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL

Go down 
+5
Melissa
Surfnrg
Ghost Rider
Jake92
SheSurfs
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks, Eric.

But I don't know how random ass-kickings of offensive tshirt wearers will help promote a family atmosphere at the beach?

Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:42 pm

In essence yes. Locals enforcing local mores.

You also would have to understand Da Hui and their relationship
To Hawaiin culture,

Really you do not want to try to take over they see themselves as the defenders
Of their culture.

Yes they enforce their rules....be a bad idea to call hawaiins sluts to them.

Sometimes its just better to have this understanding just cuts out a lot of
Needless red tape Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:43 pm

nekochan wrote:
Thanks, Eric.

But I don't know how random ass-kickings of offensive tshirt wearers will help promote a family atmosphere at the beach?

I guess 3W was implying that people would tell people to take an offensive shirt off, and if he didn't... you kick his tail...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:43 pm

nekochan wrote:
Thanks, Eric.

Just takes a couple of them Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:47 pm

What's the point of an ordinance if you're going that route?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:48 pm

My experience with Hawaiians (only been there once) is that outsiders are not welcome. I remember one being very rude and arrogant... a true asshole.

Of course, many surfers here in the US do not take kindly to others trying to catch waves that they feel were given by God to them alone...

That is why I surfed exclusively at Gulf Beach (Perdido Key) and Alabama Point.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Neko, I think the T-Shirt thing is being blown out of proportion. I don't think many of those T-Shirts will be sold... I mean, they aren't the kind of thing you would want to wear... unless you're really stoopid! jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:53 pm

I think they would mostly be popular with the under 22 year old dumbass group.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:59 pm

drunken
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:09 am

One councilwoman wanted more time for public input. According to Al state law to pass on the first reading the measure has to be unanimous. She also votes to table five other ordinances out what appeared to be spite.

Next Tuesday there will be a special meeting to adopt the ordinance.

So far as the first amendment, the Supreme Court has ruled and upheld Orange Beach's right to define obscenity according to community standards. What we consider obscene could be totally different than say Hoover. This is totally legal.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:30 pm

Interesting... I don't know how many gals you all have on your council, but you'd think that one of the first people to get on board would be a city councilwoman. Maybe she has, uhh,... "outside interests" at play, if you follow my meaning.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 6:13 pm

The ABC TV station here out of Birmingham reports that offensive Tee Shirts are required to be moved and visible only to adults... a 4-1 vote.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 7:41 pm

It was on WEAR this morning too...
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:20 pm

OB passed their ordinance, but GS said the stores removed the shirts and will not fire off the ordinance unless the shirts show up again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:31 pm

Sounds like a win.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:14 pm

GREAT! Good news, OB-ers!

While reading this thread I kept remembering when I was in high school and when I was a junior or senior they implemented some rule where we (not that my parents would have allowed it) could no longer wear beer or offensive t-shirts to school. They just made the boys put them on inside out, as I don't recall it was ever an issue with the girls. I was at my best friend's house for our birthday BBQ last month and one of his son's friends was wearing a t-shirt with a pirate image on it that said something about him getting a lot of "booty." I wanted to ask if he'd worn it to school, but bit my tongue.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:33 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL   Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Party With Sluts : Orange Beach, AL
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3