Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Injured in Jail Explosion

Go down 
+3
TEOTWAWKI
Jake92
BirdyBack
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jake92

Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:10 am

They slave away at watching TV and doing nothing all day long...
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:11 am

I agree MW...
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:20 am

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/98legacy/06-25-1998.html

California prison factories generate $150 million in sales each year, new UC Berkeley report finds
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:26 am

Business Insider More: Drugs
There Are Now More Americans In Jail Than There Were In Stalin's Gulag Archipelago

Henry Blodget

There are now more Americans in jail -- 6 million -- than there were in Stalin's Gulag, reports Fareed Zakaria, in a column called "Incarceration Nation."

And it's not just a relative population thing.

The U.S. has 760 prisoners per 100,000 citizens.

How does that compare to other countries?

It's 7X-10X as high:

Japan has 63 per 100,000,
Germany has 90 per 100,000
France has 96 per 100,000
South Korea has 97 per 100,000
­Britain has 153 per 100,000

And it's also a relatively new phenomenon: In 1980, the U.S. only had 150 prisoners per 100,000 citizens.

What's to blame?

The "War on Drugs."

More than half of America's 6 million prisoners are in jail for drug convictions, with 80% of those in jail for "possession."

By the way, has the "war on drugs" worked?

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-americans-in-jail-2012-3#ixzz31VljkxhK
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 People-and-animals-11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Teo, you are definitely bringing this place to life. It's nice to see a good argument develop on a topic. I have to say that I don't think all cops are bad cops because I have some friends and relatives who are cops and I wouldn't want to think that about them. I will say that they are definitely a tight tribe of people who will never admit that anyone in their ranks did anything wrong even when they know better. They definitely have each other's backs in every circumstance.
And what bugs me the most is that here in Escambia County they are nearly never reprimanded or taken to court for the things they do, even when it is obvious from news reports that they violate the laws and the civil rights of citizens fairly often. This community, jurors and our court system are too lenient on them when they overstep their bounds. Without a change in the attitude of the community nothing is ever going to be different.
I don't see Pensacola changing its attitude about anything anytime soon. I've been around here a long time and haven't see it happen yet.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 7:20 pm

It JUDGES or juries are the ones that find them quilty or innocent.. The common every day people OR the other cops are the ones that should be demanding that charges are brought up against any of the ones breaking a law..
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Give me a little time. I'll gripe about everything...
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:46 am

Otter wrote:
Teo, you are definitely bringing this place to life. It's nice to see a good argument develop on a topic. I have to say that I don't think all cops are bad cops because I have some friends and relatives who are cops and I wouldn't want to think that about them. I will say that they are definitely a tight tribe  of people who will never admit that anyone in their ranks did anything wrong even when they know better. They definitely have each other's backs in every circumstance.
And what bugs me the most is that here in Escambia County they are nearly never reprimanded or taken to court for the things they do, even when it is obvious from news reports that  they violate the laws and the civil rights of citizens fairly often. This community, jurors and our court system are too lenient on them when they overstep their bounds. Without a change in the attitude of the community nothing is ever going to be different.
I don't see Pensacola changing its attitude about anything anytime soon. I've been around here a long time and haven't see it happen yet.

There have been several officers and deputies punished and/or resigned because of their behavior and actions against policies or statutes....Range from...stealing pot from evidence locker...making a female do jumping jacks...recording a supervisor...excessive force...insubordination...on duty sexual activities...perjury etc., no a lot of these do not make it to the front page of the paper and the individual in question usually resigns and in some cases their standards are taken away from them and they can no longer be a leo in the state of Florida....Is it a perfect system...no...do some get away...yes....There are personnel files kept and some are encyclopedias and some are empty just as in every profession there are good and not so good....Also, there are settlements reached out of court and usually one of the stipulations is that there is nothing released to the media....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:57 am

nochain wrote:
Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 People-and-animals-11

These types of actions aren't the ones that get the headlines very often...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:38 am

mediawatcher wrote:

Yep. But that is a bit unusual... helping a dog on the highway, y'know.

What isn't news is the LEOs doing their jobs, day in and day out -without recognition.

The rogue officers get the press, since that can be hyped... with interviews from outraged citizens.

It seems that the only way a good LEO will make headlines is his killing/funeral, or when a bigwig retires.

I guess that's just the way it is.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 9:04 am

Eric wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:

Yep.  But that is a bit unusual... helping a dog on the highway, y'know.

What isn't news is the LEOs doing their jobs, day in and day out -without recognition.

The rogue officers get the press, since that can be hyped... with interviews from outraged citizens.

It seems that the only way a good LEO will make headlines is his killing/funeral, or when a bigwig retires.

Yes, unfortunately it's true. The same can be said of firefighters, teachers, military in general, and others - the majority are doing a great job but the 1% get noticed for doing something they shouldn't. Kind of like the fact that 99% of sleezy lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. Oh wait.....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 9:07 am

nochain wrote:
Eric wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:

Yep.  But that is a bit unusual... helping a dog on the highway, y'know.

Yes, unfortunately it's true. The same can be said of firefighters, teachers, military in general, and others - the majority are doing a great job but the 1% get noticed for doing something they shouldn't. Kind of like the fact that 99% of sleezy lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. Oh wait.....

Exactly....as stated before---it's on an individual basis and no group should be smeared because of the actions of a very small number of idiots...Guess lawyers are the exception...well until you need one...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:08 pm

I think lawyers are mostly decent people too. There are always a few bad eggs in a basket, but when you need a lawyer, nothing else will do. I've only known three on a personal basis but I'd trust any of them to do the right thing in a tough situation. They were all good men.
Pensacola has some decent ones and also some sleazy ones. You just have to be careful where you look.

As for dog on the highway thing, I think most people as well as most policemen would stop and help out. Certainly any dog lover would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injured in Jail Explosion   Injured in Jail Explosion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Injured in Jail Explosion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3