Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Geos on the Gulf

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Geos on the Gulf Empty
PostSubject: Geos on the Gulf   Geos on the Gulf EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Just finished up hosting a car event at Big Lagoon. It was for members of another fourm I belong to. Geo Metro Fourms. It went very well. Had over 20 cars, some came for as far away as Maine. Some from Texas, Ohio and Alabama and points in between. A really great group of people. It was fun.

Geos on the Gulf 2v0bj3q

A 21 year old Geo converitable that looks and drives better than it did when it was new. Owner is a ironworker than helped build the World Trade Center.
[img]Geos on the Gulf 35lhm9s[/img]
Eating time. LOL
[img]Geos on the Gulf 2vtvf4z[/img]
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Geos on the Gulf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geos on the Gulf   Geos on the Gulf EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Very cool, HG! "Mama likey!"
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Geos on the Gulf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geos on the Gulf   Geos on the Gulf EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:13 pm

It was fun. this was our 3rd one. Looking forward to next year. The weather was perfect.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Geos on the Gulf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geos on the Gulf   Geos on the Gulf EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:44 pm

I'm a fan of darn near anything that gets good fuel economy.

When I was in high school, my best childhood friend's parents bought her (lucky girl) a 1989 Honda CRX-si. Fuel stats say it gets 41 MPG street & 49 hwy, but she kept track of her fuel economy and she got 45 MPG in town. Of course, we had only one blinking red stoplight at the time, and she had open road to get out to her folks' place from school, so that had a lot to do with it, no doubt.

I often wonder what the hell Honda was thinking when they quit making that car in favor of the CRX del Sol. The del Sol got significantly less MPG... not to mention it was ugly as sin. The CRX is still a good looking little car.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Geos on the Gulf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geos on the Gulf   Geos on the Gulf EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:40 pm

I liked the CRX too. Sporty looking rascal.

I drove a girl's Honda to a concert in Panama City (and back) waaaay back when. Damn, I swear it was about the size of a Smart Car, and had a motorcycle engine in it.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Geos on the Gulf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geos on the Gulf   Geos on the Gulf EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:08 am

Very COOL, Hallmark saw a pinkish one driving around not long ago.

Like the CRX...they should put racks on them standard. Wonder if they leave them off to push fuel economy claims?

I had a '91 Civic Hatchback, the only car I ever bought new. When I sold it, I was still getting 40+ on the highway and it had 177K on the original clutch. It was a great car and a brilliant design. I could fill that thing with a house and three dogs, plus it was big enough to sleep inside with the seats folded down.

Geos on the Gulf Honda-Civic_Si_Hatchback-1990

Have been a Honda owner ever since, EX wagon and Odditys. All of them with 220K or more, few repairs other than standard timing belts and brake changes.....until.....

I got stuck with a 2007 Oddity that has been in the shop as much as a Jaguar. Now left scratching my head with what to get next.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Geos on the Gulf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geos on the Gulf   Geos on the Gulf EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
Have been a Honda owner ever since, EX wagon and Odditys. All of them with 220K or more, few repairs other than standard timing belts and brake changes.....until.....

I got stuck with a 2007 Oddity that has been in the shop as much as a Jaguar. Now left scratching my head with what to get next.

I call HG's car pink (pronounced "pank"), and he's quick to correct me, lol.

Let me guess SS. Your automatic transmission goes to slipping on that Odyssey? They're known for that. They say one in five is a transmission lemon. I still want one for traveling. Plenty of room to stretch out in the back of one.

I drive a civic Si... requires premium fuel, gas mileage is close to 36 on the highway. It's got @160,000 miles on the first clutch. Lots of fun to drive... it ain't your standard Civic.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Geos on the Gulf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geos on the Gulf   Geos on the Gulf EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:14 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
Very COOL, Hallmark saw a pinkish one driving around not long ago.

Like the CRX...they should put racks on them standard. Wonder if they leave them off to push fuel economy claims?

I had a '91 Civic Hatchback, the only car I ever bought new. When I sold it, I was still getting 40+ on the highway and it had 177K on the original clutch. It was a great car and a brilliant design. I could fill that thing with a house and three dogs, plus it was big enough to sleep inside with the seats folded down.

Geos on the Gulf Honda-Civic_Si_Hatchback-1990

SS, I am a huge fan of both Toyota and Honda... I don't think you could go wrong with either. My girlfriend in WV had the same Civic Hatchback as you (before she upgraded to a Civic) and at first I got claustrophobic in it and teased her about her "rollerskate car." Then we had to move a bunch of my junk one time and I was astounded at how much fit into that lil bugger! FANTASTIC design!! Plus, it had some get-up-and-go, and could whip in and out of traffic so quick you might not even notice, you know, if it weren't for that whip lash.

In 2006 my now ex husband bought me a 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/a V6, 6-speed, fully loaded (just for the record a V6 is a helluva lot of power for a car that light). I earned four speeding tickets in one month (and had never (ever!) before had a single moving violation of any sort), and six (count 'em, six!) flat tires (at $1400/set, hubby was not happy... oopsie!) in two months. After the last flat, my husband asked me if I wanted my pickup back (I never wanted the car, and he just wanted to do something nice for me. Serves him right, eh?), and I said yes before he could finish asking the question. At any rate, I was a die-hard Honda lover after driving that car for only two months.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Geos on the Gulf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geos on the Gulf   Geos on the Gulf EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:24 pm

A gift from one my Alabama friends, Way cool!! Hand made by a retired Machinist.

Geos on the Gulf 2i7xtao
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Geos on the Gulf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geos on the Gulf   Geos on the Gulf EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:40 pm

The weather was clear and bright. Did anyone swim, HG? I'm wondering how warm the water is this time of year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Geos on the Gulf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geos on the Gulf   Geos on the Gulf Empty

Back to top Go down

Geos on the Gulf
Page 1 of 1