Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.

Go down 
+10
Newshound
Gunz
AuntieChrist
riceme
Joanimaroni
Eric
instigator
Surfnrg
hallmarkgrad
BobW
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
It is also void of those with mental instability.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
cheers

Perhaps incapability in my case, but let's leave the unstable where they lay!!!
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 6:39 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:
Hey there, Stormy! I'm glad you decided to come over and play with us! cheers

I'm just thankful you provided the playground, PB!
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 6:40 pm

riceme wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

You are TOO funny!

I'm here to serve!

bounce

Urgh! You've got me wanting nachos!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:05 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:

Urgh! You've got me wanting nachos!

That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 Nachos_Grande-2
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:18 pm

OK, Riceme, you will be on my mind in the am when I step onto the scale!

Bad girl!
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Dammit!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:30 pm

Now I want some too.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Y'all are just plain EVIL!

Joani, I will never hear damn again when I don't think of you and DAMMIT.

God love ya!

PS... Just got a lime tree with little baby limes............so excited.

Nachos w/ lime
Tequila
ahhhhhhhhhhh the list is endless..................... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:26 pm

A bottle of Corona with a salted rim and a slice of lime.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:30 am

I just noticed that Boards has posted a poll asking if frequent posters want to keep or delete the reputation system at PDF. He says the poll will be open 3/30/2013 and afterward whatever gets the most votes will be the rule of the forum.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:15 am

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
I just noticed that Boards has posted a poll asking if frequent posters want to keep or delete the reputation system at PDF. He says the poll will be open 3/30/2013 and afterward whatever gets the most votes will be the rule of the forum.

Yup, afraid I'm the instigator there due to some troll.

I appreciate Boards giving me the platform and hope y'all will vote! My way of course! cheers
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:27 am

I think the entire system of voting is hilarious. I do enjoy seeing some people get so wrapped up they can't think straight.... Boards need another poll about hidden members and one for guests posting....just to throw someone over the edge.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:45 am

I remember back when they added the reputation poll to the old OCD forum. I thought it was dumb then, and I think those sorts of polls are dumb now.

Storm is right. It all boils down to a popularity contest. I thought we left those behind with the eight grade slam books.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 12:06 pm

8th grade? PERFECT!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 12:14 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:

I appreciate Boards giving me the platform and hope y'all will vote! My way of course! cheers

I did vote to abandon it.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
I think the entire system of voting is hilarious. I do enjoy seeing some people get so wrapped up they can't think straight.... Boards need another poll about hidden members and one for guests posting....just to throw someone over the edge.

lol, I know who you're talking about and I have to say that it IS funny to watch that person come absolutely undone because he gets a friggin little negative vote on something. Ahhh, "obsess much??" Maybe we should go over and make a bunch of Guest socks... see how that tickles the ole fancy! I'm kidding. You couldn't pay me good money to actually spend time over there. Dirty. No
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:22 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:

Oh, well you know I'd do anything to help you out, Stormy, so I'll go over to the Cesspool and vote for you. I'll be back in about 20-minutes after I vote then shower with scalding hot water and scrub from head to toe.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:48 pm

riceme wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:

Oh, well you know I'd do anything to help you out, Stormy, so I'll go over to the Cesspool and vote for you. I'll be back in about 20-minutes after I vote then shower with scalding hot water and scrub from head to toe.

Shower yet? I luv you too!

Thanks, all!!!!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Dammit! It'd been so long since I posted there that I accidentally clicked on the "show me the votes" thingy before I voted, forgetting that you can't vote after you do that. Well... I tried, Stormy. :/

I did read the whole thread and your thread Stormy, where you originally brought up the issue, and it really served to underline the reason why I left that cesspool. WAY too many people there are just ugly jerks.

One thing I found amusing and slightly irritating was a post that SO made about why so many posters had left the forum. Apparently he thinks it's because we got our little feelers hurt. Ahhhhh, NO. I left because it's a hateful, ugly, petty cesspool. No one ever "hurt my feelings," and I'm fairly certain that goes for many others as well. I appreciate what he was trying to say, but he missed the mark by a fairly wide margin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:09 pm

I read what Seaoat said and while I admire him taking up for Storm (for once!), my not posting there recently has nothing to do with getting my feelings hurt. Being threatened and having my name posted by another member over there didn't hurt my feelings but why post on a forum where you're ridiculed by the moderator and called a whiner by other members for mentioning that fact that you don't appreciate another member posting your name and making threats?

I am sorry Eric and PB, I know you don't want this to be an anti-PDF forum and I have recently tried to respect your wishes on that. But I felt the exact same as Riceme when I read Seaoat's post and I feel the need to explain why. That place is just a cesspool and Boards didn't bother doing anything about it until he realized that he's losing members.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:28 pm

nekochan wrote:
I read what Seaoat said and while I admire him taking up for Storm (for once!), my not posting there recently has nothing to do with getting my feelings hurt. Being threatened and having my name posted by another member over there didn't hurt my feelings but why post on a forum where you're ridiculed by the moderator and called a whiner by other members for mentioning that fact that you don't appreciate another member posting your name and making threats?

I am sorry Eric and PB, I know you don't want this to be an anti-PDF forum and I have recently tried to respect your wishes on that. But I felt the exact same as Riceme when I read Seaoat's post and I feel the need to explain why. That place is just a cesspool and Boards didn't bother doing anything about it until he realized that he's losing members.

Neko, Neko, I wouldn't consider it an anti Boards thing, but rather a testimony to what is and is not acceptable.

I think Boards tried to do a fun thing in giving us carte blanche, but the mentality of some posters just can't be given some freedoms.

It reminds me of Walmart shopping with no aisles. Smile
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Exactly, Neko. What you refer to: people's names being posted over and over again, the repeated death threats to numerous posters and Boards allowing women to be repeatedly referred to as "The C Word" is actually what put the final nail in the coffin for that place for me. I mean, there were MANY other reasons why I had already planned on taking leave, but these straws broke the camel's back. That crap is just not okay with me. Not even a little bit.

I'd previously taken one long-term leave and that was after some awful things were said about HG's deceased wife. So my departure(s) had nothing whatsoever to do with anything that was said to or about me, and was certainly not because my damn FEELINGS had been hurt. If I had to say it was "about" something, I would have to say it was about right vs. wrong... a fundamental absence of any ethics or morals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Storm, I also appreciated what Boards tried to do when he started the forum.
But what has been allowed to go on at PDF over the last couple of months is inexcusable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Riceme, you and I are on the same page here. I can handle a lively and strong-felt disagreement on a discussion forum. But that is not what that forum is about.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:46 pm

Agreed, friends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.    - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

That other forum has done a complete meltdown today.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next