Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course

Go down 
+3
Eric
stormwatch89
riceme
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course Empty
PostSubject: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 1:31 am

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/29/17519782-2-female-marines-unable-to-complete-demanding-officer-course

I'm at least glad that the Marines aren't lowering their standards...not yet, anyway.

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 5:52 am

nekochan wrote:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/29/17519782-2-female-marines-unable-to-complete-demanding-officer-course

I'm at least glad that the Marines aren't lowering their standards...not yet, anyway.

AGREED!! I only wish I could say, "...and let's hope not EVER." But I think we all know that it will come eventually.

From the end of the article:

Quote :
Months before Panetta’s directive, the Marine Corps asked for women to volunteer to try the course as part of the ongoing effort to open more military billets to women.

So far four women have volunteered, but none have successfully completed the course.

Two female lieutenants entered the course last September — the first women ever allowed to do so. While both women eventually dropped the course, one of them made it well into the second week before an injury forced her out.

The two women who volunteered for this latest round will not likely be the last. A U.S. military official tells NBC News that five more female Marines are already waiting in the wings to enter the course this summer.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:39 am

Agreed! I fail to understand women who think they can compete physically with men or why they even want to.

It's pathetic to consider lowering the standards so that we might.

We are female and have other attributes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:17 am

Some women will complete the course, I'm confident of that.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:46 am

Eric wrote:
Some women will complete the course, I'm confident of that.

Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course 2428044_f520
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:48 am

I used to teach a few parts of it in the late 70's and it was tough but I could do it. There are many many females that are physically capable of doing it.. Some of the females that went thru OCS were beautiful and not 1 bit masculine.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:48 pm

I don't think I've ever seen abs on a woman until that picture. lol
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:51 pm

But the more I look at that, the more I think photoshop put a different head and a different torso together. It just doesn't look right to me.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Jake92 wrote:
I used to teach a few parts of it in the late 70's and it was tough but I could do it. There are many many females that are physically capable of doing it.. Some of the females that went thru OCS were beautiful and not 1 bit masculine.

That picture is repulsive, Bob. And you know I'm a fan of the female form.

Jake, my sister in law graduated OCS top of her class with my brother, and she is one of the most feminine, beautiful women I've ever laid my eyes on. She ranked the #1 Sniper in their class... no doubt it didn't hurt that she grew up on a hunting ranch.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:31 pm

I agree Ricey.. I have a friend in Mobile who's twin son and daughter graduated as co-valedictorians from high school in 2010. He is in Auburn for engineering and his sister is in the army at West Point to study law. She got her jump wings her first summer, plays on the softball team, and finished 2nd in national female college weightlifting in her weight class in her sophmore yr. She is a very beautiful young lady and you would never be able to tell how strong she is by looking at her. She's only 5'4" and can't be over 130 if she weighs that much.. She can lift over 300 pounds.. LOL
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Jake92 wrote:
I agree Ricey.. I have a friend in Mobile who's twin son and daughter graduated as co-valedictorians from high school in 2010. He is in Auburn for engineering and his sister is in the army at West Point to study law. She got her jump wings her first summer, plays on the softball team, and finished 2nd in national female college weightlifting in her weight class in her sophmore yr. She is a very beautiful young lady and you would never be able to tell how strong she is by looking at her. She's only 5'4" and can't be over 130 if she weighs that much.. She can lift over 300 pounds.. LOL

Off the subject of ladies, but this is just uncanny. My best friend James' older brother (who I am also good friends with) has twin boys who graduated from our local high school this past summer as co-valedictorians. One of them is now @West Point and the other is @Annapolis. We sent them off in typical local fashion with a family BBQ at their grandparents' place, which is right down the hill from my place. Shoot, I probably spend more time at their house than I do w/James... I go down there for supper all the time. They're great folks and they're like my adopted family (like I need anymore, my family is so big!).

Back on subject of the ladies, my sister in law is also super tiny and *looks* really dainty. I'm not positive how tall she is, but I'd guesstimate between 5-ft and 5'2" and curvy but very slender. Judging by how much I weigh (which is more than it looks like I do) and considering muscle weighs more than fat, I'd guess she likely weighs about 120 - 125 tops. She still runs several miles cross-country every day, and runs marathons too. Smart, savvy, fun, beautiful and fit as a fiddle!
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:34 pm

The sister from Mobile is probably about the same weight and things. Daddy builds carborators for race cars and boats. Really, he builds entire fuel systems. Grandpa used to drive dragsters in CA right after WW2 until the late 60's I believe, then started building Pontiac engines for the NASCAR teams. If you raced a pontiac, he built the engine for it in the 70's and early 80's. He died in 2011. Daddy builds and sells carborators for race cars and boats all over the country and some countries overseas.

The son drives race cars and the track announced that they graduated HS and where they were going to college. Since I grew up close to West Point, I talked with them about the area and what to expect. She loves the scenery but hates the cold and snow.. LOL
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Huh... another coincidence. The family who I referred to above w/the twins @Annapolis & West Pt build race cars and race out at Fomoso and in Southern California.

Last Thanksgiving I found out that my "real" mom raced Austen Healeys all during the 60s before she had my sister and me and got real sick in the early 70s. My oldest brother (20-yrs older than me, technically a half-brother) was around then and said he might have some pictures he'd send me. I hope he can find them!
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:03 pm

Hmmmmmm sooo many coincidences between us. My father wasn't in CA around the time you were born, but I went thru there in 73 on my way to Okinawa and was in Yuma, AZ in 74-75.. LMAO
Back to top Go down
Newshound

Newshound

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:43 am

stormwatch89 wrote:
Agreed! I fail to understand women who think they can compete physically with men or why they even want to.

If there is true equality expectations then why the WNBA...WPGA etc.,....
Back to top Go down
ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Jake92 wrote:

Jake, are you a USMC vet? I was a 7564.
Back to top Go down
http://www.led-flashlight-reviews.com/
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:46 pm

Nooooo I was a doc with a few different FMF units, Okinawa, Pendleton, MCAS Yuma, and Quantico at the hosp or OCS instructing. I just ruined my knees outrunning them with ankle weights and boots running 20 or more miles/day.. Normally 5 before work, 10 at lunch, and at least 5 after work.. Now I can't even run 1/2 mile. lol
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 am

Newshound wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

If there is true equality expectations then why the WNBA...WPGA etc.,....

I have actually always pondered that myself.

HEY! I have an awesome idea!! We can have the WUSMC, WUSArmy, WUSNavy, and WUSAir Force, then Obama can throw his global weight around and get everyone else to have WMilitary Forces as well, then they can redo all the physical requirements and make arrangements for the women to only fight the women and the men to only fight the men!!

cheers

Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course   Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course Empty

Back to top Go down

Two Female Marines Unable To Complete Demanding Officer Course
Page 1 of 1