Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is it time for a Female President?

Go down 
+3
TEOTWAWKI
Eric
Linda
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

Is it time for a Female President? Empty
PostSubject: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 6:31 am

I hear this question posed and wonder if we only think in terms of quotas?  The term "war on women" has been floated about for a while now.  Will that be the rally cry?  

So far, only two women appear to be gearing up for the election, HRC and Elizabeth Warren.  There may be others.  

Is it important to focus on the gender or race of a future President.  Is that a campaign focus that is needed in our country?

Pretty interesting to see the women, dating back to the late 1800s, who have campaigned for the Presidency and Vice Presidency.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_United_States_presidential_and_vice-presidential_candidates

Will a woman win in 2016? Will they win because it's time or will it be for their ability to lead a nation and fulfill the duties of the executive branch?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:00 am

I would vote for a woman... if she is the best candidate.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:51 am

No it will never be time for a woman president but I am sure it will happen...
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:55 am

Why will it never be time?
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:42 am

I don't have the time now to expound on this...it's a beautiful day for a ride and I am on my way out the door but I will give you my opinion later.......Let's just say Hillary or Palin, not fit to run a daycare let alone a country.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:45 am

Well I agree with that!

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 11:26 pm

I also agree, but T, I thought you were a Palin fan?

Like E, I would vote for a woman if she were the best candidate, and not until then. I do not understand it when people say things like, "It is time for a woman to be president," or whatever. That is not at all how I think.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:24 am

Eric wrote:
I would vote for a woman... if she is the best candidate.

Get ready.............I agree
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:14 am

If the most qualified candidate were a woman I'd vote for her. Is HRC good presidential material? I think not, too much baggage and too tied to Wall Street. Palin? NO WAY!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:27 am

nochain wrote:
If the most qualified candidate were a woman I'd vote for her. Is HRC good presidential material? I think not, too much baggage and too tied to Wall Street. Palin? NO WAY!!!!!!

Palin is old news and her serious time has long passed and she missed the opportunity....now she's a punch line to many jokes.....and hrc....well is just old...tired....and offers nothing new....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 10:04 am

This is so depressing.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 9:31 pm

Eric wrote:
This is so depressing.

How's this for depressing? I can't even think of a viable female candidate. Not even an up-and-comer.

Can anyone else??
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:37 am

I can't even think of a viable candidate...at all. I've tried and then I read about one I think might be the possibility and roll my eyes.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:22 am

riceme wrote:
Eric wrote:
This is so depressing.

How's this for depressing? I can't even think of a viable female candidate. Not even an up-and-comer.

Can anyone else??

Gov Martinez of New Mexico....not saying that she's even considering but listening to her she's a fiscal conservative and leans a little to the moderate side of several social issues...She has been mentioned as a possible VP candidate last election cycle...Maybe she really is smart and passed it up....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:18 am

Is it time for a Female President? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpa-FV4q7gTxbjSt4f_Vh-QKuvhQdl9uoKw2wC7qzurEmSUFswZQ

I liked the way Condoleezza Rice presented herself when she was talking about foreign affairs and policy... But she appears to be out of the political picture.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpR8r0D2EyY

Smile

Can't think of any other females I would think capable of holding the office at this time I would trust. Especially the one's on the Dem side of the isle that think they are.

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 4:06 am

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Is it time for a Female President? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpa-FV4q7gTxbjSt4f_Vh-QKuvhQdl9uoKw2wC7qzurEmSUFswZQ

I liked the way Condoleezza Rice presented herself when she was talking about foreign affairs and policy... But she appears to be out of the political picture.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpR8r0D2EyY

Smile

Can't think of any other females I would think capable of holding the office at this time I would trust. Especially the one's on the Dem side of the isle that think they are.

Another great example...although she's stated many times no aspirations to attempt a run for the WH...
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 6:52 pm

It's not time for a female candidate or another black candidate or any other stereotype of a candidate.
We just need somebody that is smart and does a good job.

I don't care if he or she is an atheist or a lesbian or whatever.
Competent is what matters.

I don't see a lot of people out there that I think are up to the job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for a Female President?   Is it time for a Female President? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it time for a Female President?
Page 1 of 1