Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court Empty
PostSubject: UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court   UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:04 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/british-man-sues-telemarketers-wasting-time-225232323.html

I say "Good for him"!

Quote :
Fed up with calls from telemarketers, Richard Herman of the U.K. issued an ultimatum: Call again and he would start charging 10 pounds (about $16) per minute for his time.
Herman's warning went unheeded. He continued to receive calls, despite being on the U.K.'s Telephone Preference Service (similar to the Do Not Call list). So he started keeping track of the minutes and recorded each call on his computer. Then, true to his word, he sent an invoice to the offender.
The invoice went ignored. But Herman would not go gentle into that good night. He took the marketing company to small claims court and won for 19 minutes and 30 seconds of annoyance. Multiply 19.5 by 10 pounds and you'll see that Herman took home about 195 pounds for his troubles, not to mention the righteous thrill that comes with sticking it to the man.
After the ruling, Herman told the BBC, "It cheered me up to think that actually instead of being the victim of these calls I can actually defend myself against them to put the boot onto the other foot." But Herman isn't done yet. "I continue to receive further telemarketing calls, albeit from other companies. And I say to them every time now, that I will charge them 10 pounds a minute if they call again."
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
yvonne36

PostSubject: Re: UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court   UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:21 pm

About time we start practicing our rights! Good job, man! cheers
Back to top Go down
yvonne36

PostSubject: Re: UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court   UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:26 pm

Now, I'm wondering if I could file for complaints, too. I've received a lot of unsolicited calls which I reported to www.callercenter.com and I can always get all that information to make a complaint. So can I?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court   UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:04 am

yvonne36 wrote:
Now, I'm wondering if I could file for complaints, too. I've received a lot of unsolicited calls which I reported to www.callercenter.com and I can always get all that information to make a complaint. So can I?

Why not? If you do, please let us know how it worked out.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Vettecor

Vettecor

PostSubject: Re: UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court   UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:40 am

Telemarketers are a pain in the butt. They just won't take no for an answer.

That's why I don't answer the phone unless I know who is calling. I either look on the phone who is calling or if I am watching tv, it shows on the tv screen who is calling.

If it shows up as 1800 service or unknown name, its probably a telemarketer.

I know they are just trying to do their job but it gets on my nerves.

By the way, I have been a call center rep, telemarketing manager and call center director for major companies. I have opened up call centers from scratch.

Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court   UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court Empty

Back to top Go down

UK man bills telemarketers for incessant phone calls, wins in court
Page 1 of 1