Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola Empty
PostSubject: Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola   Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 7:01 pm

Finally made it by Miles Antique Mall. Very large ( Miles Furniture back in the day) and houses booths of independent owners. Some unique, not much junk - I know, eye of the beholder - some interesting art, lots of things to repurpose. I found a lovely water color of roses for a price I'm sure did not cover the cost of the framing.

Also, for the first time (where have I been!?) I stopped by Duh. GREAT shop on 9th Avenue. Some items quite pricey and some very reasonable. Stroll, browse, enjoy, find that perfect item. I found a recycled glass vase that looks like beach glass. Absolutely LOVE it. Also a mirrored tray, star fish, and drift wood.

Is T Street still a junque shop paradise or do I need to have an armed body guard with me? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola   Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 7:08 pm

Bob goes down there all the time. To "T" street, that is.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola   Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:31 pm

SheWrites wrote:

Is T Street still a junque shop paradise or do I need to have an armed body guard with me?   Laughing

For quite a while now,  T&W has been what people in the antiques/collectibles biz refer to as a "taiwan and tube socks" flea market.
That's an old term (so old that taiwan is used instead of china).
And when applied these days, it means "most of the tables at the flea market now are occupied by people who buy crap at garage sales on saturday morning and then peddle it at the flea market on saturday afternoon and sunday".  lol

The days of individuals selling their personal antiques/collectibles at T&W (or the Gulf Breeze flea market or mostly any flea market) are now just about over.  
Once most folks got access to eBay they didn't want to have to haul stuff to a flea market and sit at a flea market table all day anymore.  Plus they learned pretty quick that ebay gives them more money than flea market buyers will pay.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola   Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:41 pm

What about the shops that used to be along T Street?
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola   Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:15 pm

SheWrites wrote:
What about the shops that used to be along T Street?

There are still a number of shops on T Street.  But, for the same reason, they don't have the quantity of interesting stuff they once had.  
And it's generally true of all antique/collectible shops and antique mall booths.  They're peddling off the more sellable stuff on ebay and have the remainder of their inventory in their shops.  
That's not to say good stuff at good prices can't still be found in shops and antique malls.  But it's getting harder because of the internet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola   Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola Empty

Back to top Go down

Antique Shops and Interesting Stores in Pensacola
Page 1 of 1