Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop

Go down 
+5
Jake92
riceme
mediawatcher
Eric
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Cowboys don't like corrupt sheriffs. Hey have you ever prevailed on any of your cop family to fix a ticket or get special treatment regular folks wouldn't get for you or your extended family ?
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 2:43 pm

Chrissy* wrote:
hey teo, maybe your uncle should have checked his safety chains before going to wherever it is that he went to park? You know, like its never good to chase crack heads with a empty gun.

You're talking a whole lot of shit about things you very clearly don't know anything about. Furthermore, you have resorted to taking cheap shots at people you care about who have lost family members. You might consider reevaluating who you are angry at and why you're angry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 2:50 pm

riceme wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:
hey teo, maybe your uncle should have checked his safety chains before going to wherever it is that he went to park? You know, like its never good to chase crack heads with a empty gun.

You're talking a whole lot of shit about things you very clearly don't know anything about. Furthermore, you have resorted to taking cheap shots at people you care about who have lost family members. You might consider reevaluating who you are angry at and why you're angry.

you mean like teo always going on about how COPS are psychopaths after he knows I have COPs in my family?

maybe HE should consider why he is so angry at COPS. Perhaps he is a crook? I'm starting to wonder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 2:52 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Cowboys don't like corrupt sheriffs. Hey have you ever prevailed on any of your cop family to fix a ticket or get special treatment regular folks wouldn't get for you or your extended family ?

Im not a crook. so I don't need to ask my family to break laws to help me.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Chrissy* wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

So the truth is NO you haven't...good for you .  Say didn't Nixon say I'm not a crook ? The truth of things is usually somewhere in the middle. To say there are no psychopathic cops is laughable, to say they all are is equally silly. I believe it was you started out calling blue collar workers stupid...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 3:07 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

So the truth is NO you haven't...good for you .  Say didn't Nixon say I'm not a crook ? The truth of things is usually somewhere in the middle. To say there are no psychopathic cops is laughable, to say they all are is equally silly. I believe it was you started out calling blue collar workers stupid...

I never said there were no psychopathic cops. I clearly have said there are bad people in every profession.

And I also never said ALL blue collar workers are stupid. I said................... many construction workers are not the brightest bulbs on the tree. AND THIS IS A FACT.

Now if you want to mince words with me, try a little better.

I'm sorry your COP HATING thread didn't go as planned. Why don't you call the ACLU and get one of them involved to help you protect the THUGS. You could always take your little tricycle up to ferguson to protest with the rest of the thugs. Im sure you will be welcomed LOL
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 3:39 pm

I never planned anything....you say it's a FACT that many construction workers are not intelligent. I say many cops are abusive and corrupt...I don't see where you have any right to feel insulted. You actually started it.

at least the court hasn't made sure construction workers are intellectually challenged like they did for cops.....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

Most Cops Just Above Normal The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.

Jordan alleged his rejection from the police force was discrimination. He sued the city, saying his civil rights were violated because he was denied equal protection under the law.

But the U.S. District Court found that New London had “shown a rational basis for the policy.” In a ruling dated Aug. 23, the 2nd Circuit agreed. The court said the policy might be unwise but was a rational way to reduce job turnover.

Jordan has worked as a prison guard since he took the test.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 3:51 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
I never planned anything....you say it's a FACT that many construction workers are not intelligent. I say many cops are abusive and corrupt...I don't see where you have any right to feel insulted. You actually started it.

at least the court hasn't made sure construction workers are intellectually challenged like they did for cops.....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

Most Cops Just Above Normal The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.

Jordan alleged his rejection from the police force was discrimination. He sued the city, saying his civil rights were violated because he was denied equal protection under the law.

But the U.S. District Court found that New London had “shown a rational basis for the policy.” In a ruling dated Aug. 23, the 2nd Circuit agreed. The court said the policy might be unwise but was a rational way to reduce job turnover.

Jordan has worked as a prison guard since he took the test.

ah I get I. construction workers are smarter than cops who have training and education.

LMAO!

What I think we need to do is gather all these smart brave construction workers together and let them run our labs. Maybe they could even go over fight ebola in Africa or TB on the south side. Perhaps while they are at it they can dig a ditch for more smart construction workers to sneak over. And once over, those smart construction workers could also serve as the police.

What a great plan you have. Im so excited to see it to fruition LOL
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Let's just cut the bullshit and get down to brass tacks. The issue here seems to be that you, Chrissy, feel superior to blue collar workers and certainly feel that you're smarter than them, absolutely smarter than Hispanic construction workers, most definitely smarter than Spanish speaking Hispanic illegal immigrant construction workers, regardless of whether or not they may have earned a goddamn doctorate in their home country, and furthermore you feel that your job is more dangerous than blue collar jobs even though you don't handle Ebola in your lab, and you feel somehow slighted that your job is not listed as being one of the most dangerous jobs in the country.

Let us all now recognize that Chrissy is smart and that her job is oh so dangerous so we can all get on with our lives.

"Wow Chrissy, your job is oh so dangerous!!" affraid
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 5:02 pm

So that's what this is all about.....here's Chrissy at the lab....

Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 6:42 pm

riceme wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:

This cheers
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 7:11 pm

There are many people on the forum who have much more intelligence than me. Tests dont mean a damn thing. It is the ability to do the job or solve the issue at hand. It galls my ass when all blue collar workers are painted with the same brush. It maybe hard to believe but some people like to work in the Construction or maintenance field.

American Mensa, Ltd

Qualifying test scores

Tests administered by the military ****

AFQT prior to 10/1980 98
Army GCT prior to 10/1980

GT prior to 10/1980 136
Navy GCT prior to 10/1980
effective 10/1980 68

Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 Test10
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 7:23 pm

I had a doctor tell me one time that I got paid too much.  There's no way you are worth near what I make. That was at singing river hospital in Pascagoula ms . I tried to tell him that I was salary and the charges were paid direct to the company but he wouldn't listen and just kept raving at me.

I quit my job way back when I went through a divorce. I was upset so I sold out bought a motorhome and moved into it.  I got a call from a customer way up in Atkinson Nebraska saying they needed my services since I was a freebird. I didn't want to go so I told them $400 per hour and all expenses paid with a minimum of 2 hours.  They paid it and after a few dozen of those trips they hired me salaried with overtime to work on their equipment in the Cayman Islands.  So yeah doc every dog has his day.   Even us blue collar guys.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 7:35 pm

One day when the yard was on "B" st we were all standing on the deck waiting for the crane to bring  us a side shell.  We looked like hell. Old burnt up Army field jackets that were patched with tape, and Levis that had seen better days.  Some one looked down into one of the cars going by and said "Damn I would not want to go have to sit in a office all day.  It might be cold but This aint all bad" Then  one of the Vietnamese said "  Yea and that guy in the car just told his son "  Look up there at those dumb ass holes, you might wind up  just like them if you dont study hard"  LOL  It was a classic moment.."
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 7:36 pm

"Like I said before. I can guarantee you there is a direct coloration between safely performing a task and training comprehension."

Umm, Umm, Umm. I just can't think of anything to say anymore when you comment on other people's intelligence with a sentence like that.
I guess you know dumb when you see dumb.

BTW most of the people in my family have been blue collar workers but there's not truly a "correlation" between their employment choices and their own intelligence. Most of them just wanted to make enough money so that  they could be comfortable in life. There's a whole lot more to life than just working at a job. Also, a lot of people prefer real work to sitting in an office at a desk.

I know I always did.

But I guess I'm dumb anyway because I didn't think anybody in this part of the country was handling ebola. I guess you must work for the CDC in Dallas or Atlanta?
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 9:02 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
There are many people on the forum who have much more intelligence than me.  Tests dont mean a damn thing.  It is the ability to do the job or solve the issue at hand.  It galls my ass when all blue collar workers are painted with the same brush.  It maybe hard to believe but some people like to work in the Construction or maintenance field.

American Mensa, Ltd

Qualifying test scores

Tests administered by the military ****

AFQT prior to 10/1980 98
Army GCT prior to 10/1980

GT prior to 10/1980 136
Navy GCT prior to 10/1980
effective 10/1980 68

Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 Test10

Fing-A-Right, Hallmark. My cousin Robert is one of the smartest people I have ever known in my life, but he is so dyslexic he has trouble reading his six year old daughter a bedtime story. He's the supervisor of the Alaska Smokejumpers and will never be a white collar worker or a college graduate because of his dyslexia, but again... one of the smartest, most talented people I have ever known in my life. And that includes the sister who has a genius IQ. He has a better functional understanding of higher mathematics than I do and I paid a bunch of guys with doctorates $50k to teach me math. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 9:11 pm

Eddard wrote:
"Like I said before. I can guarantee you there is a direct coloration between safely performing a task and training comprehension."

Umm, Umm, Umm. I just can't think of anything to say anymore when you comment on other people's intelligence with a sentence like that.
I guess you know dumb when you see dumb.

BTW most of the people in my family have been blue collar workers but there's not truly a "correlation" between their employment choices and their own intelligence. Most of them just wanted to make enough money so that  they could be comfortable in life. There's a whole lot more to life than just working at a job. Also, a lot of people prefer real work to sitting in an office at a desk.

I know I always did.

But I guess I'm dumb anyway because I didn't think anybody in this part of the country was handling ebola. I guess you must work for the CDC in Dallas or Atlanta?

Who claimed to work for the CDC? BTW, I know several highly intelligent individuals that have problems with spelling. BFD.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 10:37 pm

riceme wrote:
Let's just cut the bullshit and get down to brass tacks. The issue here seems to be that you, Chrissy, feel superior to blue collar workers and certainly feel that you're smarter than them, absolutely smarter than Hispanic construction workers, most definitely smarter than Spanish speaking Hispanic illegal immigrant construction workers, regardless of whether or not they may have earned a goddamn doctorate in their home country, and furthermore you feel that your job is more dangerous than blue collar jobs even though you don't handle Ebola in your lab, and you feel somehow slighted that your job is not listed as being one of the most dangerous jobs in the country.

Let us all now recognize that Chrissy is smart and that her job is oh so dangerous so we can all get on with our lives.

"Wow Chrissy, your job is oh so dangerous!!" affraid

This isn't about me or my job. I used handling ebola as a analogy because ebola happens to be in the news right now, and its VERY DANGEROUS.

I also don't feel superior to blue collar workers as I have stated.

I came to the SAME CONCLUSION AS OSHA and that is there is a correlation between Hispanics who can not comprehend English for training and there happens to e a lot of Hispanics in that profession. If you took out that factor I am sure the death rate would go down then you wouldn't be able to say construction is the most dangerous job any more, however the job would still be what it always has been.

Now go dig for some gold up teos ass Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 9:48 am

You can deny you feel superior to blue collar workers but when you claim they only do those jobs because they are too stupid to get a better job that shows what you really think.  You also definitely have a problem with Hispanics who come to our country to find a better life for themselves. That's your problem and not anyone elses. They're going to be the majority in this country within the next 30 years and nothing you can do will stop that.
There is a "correlation" between jobs that are hazardous because they involve dangerous work where an accident can kill you. That's one of the  truths here.
The other truth is that you harp on hispanics all the time.
Keep on doing it if you want to but don't think other people can't form an opinion about you from it.
And don't think everybody agrees with you about it because they don't. Since I like nearly every hispanic person I ever met I'll probably be a lot happier 30 years from now than you will.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 10:14 am

I believe Chrissy means the ILLEGAL alien Hispanics, NOT all of them.....  If someone can have respect for someone that ILLEGALLY crosses the border, I guess they can have respect for someone that breaks other laws also, ie: child molesting, rape, murder, all the way to stealing a candy bar from Wal Mart..  They are ALL crimes..................

Last edited by Jake92 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 10:42 am

The globalist bankers that actually own and manage the tax cattle of the former USA don't want you calling them illegals because in their minds this is already the North American Union. Like Carlon said they own you, you have no freedom.

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 10:42 am

Eddard wrote:
You can deny you feel superior to blue collar workers but when you claim they only do those jobs because they are too stupid to get a better job that shows what you really think.  You also definitely have a problem with Hispanics who come to our country to find a better life for themselves. That's your problem and not anyone elses. They're going to be the majority in this country within the next 30 years and nothing you can do will stop that.
There is a "correlation" between jobs that are hazardous because they involve dangerous work where an accident can kill you. That's one of the  truths here.
The other truth is that you harp on hispanics all the time.
Keep on doing it if you want to but don't think other people can't form an opinion about you from it.
And don't think everybody agrees with you about it because they don't. Since I like nearly every hispanic person I ever met I'll probably be a lot happier 30 years from now than you will.

LOL...Yea I bet! I'm Hispanic. I do not approve of illegals crossing our borders. There is a process to become legal. We cannot illegally enter Mexico....automatic jail sentence. Many many Hispanics have followed the legal requirements to become US citizens....the others have under-mind their efforts. The US can't continue to support the illegals....it is draining us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 11:20 am

Jake92 wrote:
I believe Chrissy means the ILLEGAL alien Hispanics, NOT all of them.....  If someone can have respect for someone that ILLEGALLY crosses the border, I guess they can have respect for someone that breaks other laws also, ie: child molesting, rape, murder, all they way to stealing a candy bar from Wal Mart..  They are ALL crimes..................

Apparently they are ok that illegals are loaded up by he truck loads on corners all across the nation to be put into these types of jobs when they cant even communicate or understand anything about safety concerns. OSHA has already pin pointed the "CAUSE" for the high death rates in construction and its non-English speaking immigrants. I posted the link.

Cause and effect> [Cause =people who cant understand the safety measures, effect= deaths]

so if anyone understands cause and effect, the cause is not the level of danger, its lack of training and comprehension. Not acknowledging this FACT only puts the lives of any other persons working in this profession with these non-English speaking illegals in danger. So why is this profession more deadly than others? If they haven't figured it out by now, they wont. Because its not because its that dangerous, its because they are allowed pass to hire these people and put everyone else at risk.

One more time for some..

797 Hispanic or Latino workers were killed from work-related injuries in 2013–on average, more than 15 deaths a week or two Latino workers killed every single day of the year, all year long< why do they think they singled this data out?

796 total deaths in construction
https://www.osha.gov/oshstats/commonstats.html

Many factors contribute to a fatal incident at work. Lack of appropriate employee training and failure to provide and enforce the use of safety equipment are frequent contributors to occupational fatalities. In some cases, employees do receive safety training, but language barriers prevent the employee from fully understanding the safety procedures.

Hispanic workers die on the job at a higher rate than non-Hispanic workers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupational_fatality

Now if anyone here wants to go on a tyrant about how you think Hispanics are good workers etc et, then go ahead, because you apparently don't give a shit about other people being put in danger because these people cant speak or understand English.

The level of danger is not directly proportional to the level of deaths in any given task, it is directly proportional to the level of safety training and comprehension of that training.

That is my conclusion. ^ and OSHA and the CDC agree with it.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 1:05 pm

I can only speak about what I have experienced. Lets use Vietnamese instead of Hispanics. Back in the *
80s the "Boat People" from SE Asia flooded the Gulf coast. We had just started the Ship yard. The work was hard and dirty. We nicknamed it the "Flintstone Yard" Good employees where hard to come by. One day a Vietnamese guy said he could weld and fit and would we hire him. We did and even though his English was some what limited he knew the trade and it work out well for everyone. Soon we began hiring more. Why? They worked hard and no one else wanted the jobs.

Safety was everyone ones concern. It started with our employer who gave us the necessary safety equipment and training. 90% of our Safety Training was on the job site. People lead by example. Dont stand under a load being lifted, etc. Language was a issue but we worked with it. We learned some of the Vietnamese words as they learned ours. Later as a foreman I was responsible for my workers safety. Violate a safety rule and I would send you home to think about it. White, yellow, Black or green, you went home. Sure we got hurt. Shit happens.

Were some of them 100% "legal' ? Hell no. Did bother me? LOL No way.

Together we built a multi million dollar business that is still producing multi million dollar boats as we speak.

The same people who people called "Gooks" and "Dog eaters" became one of us. How? We gave them a chance...

Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 2:00 pm

My parents sponcered ten vietnamese to work in a fiberglass company they started. They were pilots and mechanics and one was like a military ninja. They were great... and we're still in touch. One story about the ninja... I was trying to teach him to play basketball and he was flat terrible. I was thirteen and had just been able to touch the rim... so showing off I showed him. He nodded that it was pretty good. He was shorter than me... but extremely muscular. He took a few steps back and then ran and somersaulted and then like he was frozen in air touched the rim with his foot. One of the most amazing things I've still ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next