Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop

Go down 
+5
Jake92
riceme
mediawatcher
Eric
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 9:06 am

I'm not critical of those that work

I'm critical at why so many are drying in this particular profession

And you have to ask, is it because the job is the most dangerous or is it a lack of training and comprehension of safety by so many who are hired into this particular profession. I say it's the later.

However since construction workers are so brave to work in the most deadliest profession and training and comprehension has nothing to do with survival rates, send them to the CDC and Africa to fight ebola.

Last edited by Chrissy* on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 9:08 am

I think the danger ratio has little to do with intelligence. It has a lot more to do with gravity and tonnage. Viruses don't crush you if the cable snaps. You don't plunge 50 stories if you drop a beaker.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 9:16 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
One of the biggest stigmas I have had to face is that because I am a blue collar worker I am some how of lesser intelligence.  I have worked both sides of the field.  I have worked in the rarefied world of counter intelligence where your analytical  skills were your main asset.  I have also worked as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic and rebuilt heavy duty  transmissions, Engines,etc, with literally 1000s of moving parts.  So is blue collar work  just a skill that requires no intelligence or is it also a job that requires cognitive reasoning,  memory, visual processing, and  logic?  I guess it depends on who you ask.  

Nothing wrong with good honest hard working individuals!...Have met some highly educated and so called sophisticated people that have limited if any common sense....No one should ever feel the need to explain and/or apologize for working and making an honest living...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 9:21 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
I think the danger ratio  has little to do with intelligence. It has a lot more to do with gravity and tonnage. Viruses don't crush you if the cable snaps. You don't plunge 50 stories if you drop a beaker.

Many factors contribute to a fatal incident at work. Lack of appropriate employee training and failure to provide and enforce the use of safety equipment are frequent contributors to occupational fatalities. In some cases, employees do receive safety training, but language barriers prevent the employee from fully understanding the safety procedures.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupational_fatality

There
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 9:31 am

I had an uncle that was very intelligent in all respects. He drove a logging truck. That was the only work around that area. He parked on a slight tilt one day because the roads in and out were just dirt and debris. As he jumped out of the cab and walked back to check his load of timber for security a chain snapped.. The sudden loss of that chains integrity caused the load to shift snapping the remaining chains. In a matter of a couple seconds my uncle went from hard working family man to crushed beyond recognition....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 9:46 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
I had an uncle that was very intelligent in all respects. He drove a logging truck. That was the only work around that area. He parked on a slight tilt one day because the roads in and out were just dirt and debris. As he jumped out of the cab and walked back to check his load of timber for security a chain snapped.. The sudden loss of that chains integrity caused the load to shift snapping the remaining chains. In a matter of a couple seconds my uncle went from hard working family man to crushed beyond recognition....

well that's unfortunate and sorry to hear that. But the studies done in why most of these accidents occur have come to the came conclusion I came to initially. Its training and comprehension problem, not that the job is the most dangerous. Perhaps if this profession could admit the truth they could focus on improving their safety. but again, cheap labor is probably more important.

and don't expect me to have too much sympathy for your story( although I do sympathize for your loss). You never have much for my relatives who are COPS.

I rest my case. If no one else agrees, that's ok. I'm a individual with my own unique way of thinking. Even if the studies agree with me.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 10:05 am

No and I probably won't ever have much sympathy for unproductive psychopaths that get off bullying innocent people just trying to make a living. Revenue collectors. Robbing people under the color of drug laws of millions of dollars. Shooting people holding cell phones which might have been a gun and getting a paid vacation. Trigger happy baby killers tossing flash bangs in cribs....no, they should get honest productive work if they want respect.
Has honest cop always been an oxymoron ?
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 12:41 pm

Is the the lack of training, the stupid people being trained, the very high education levels of the one writing the training manuals that can't be followed or understood by the trained workers that read them, the pure laziness of the people reading a few lines/page, or the administrators that care about nothing but the almighty $ and NOT the workers busting their butts for the administrator.... How many bridges have failed due to poor or missing maintenance completed by high school dropouts, but signed off as completed by very highly paid engineers in an administrator position because of pre3ssure from other administrators in higher admin or political positions??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 12:48 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
No and I probably won't ever have much sympathy for unproductive psychopaths that get off bullying innocent people just trying to make a living. Revenue collectors. Robbing people under the color of drug laws of millions of dollars. Shooting people holding cell phones which might have been a gun and getting a paid vacation. Trigger happy baby killers tossing flash bangs in cribs....no, they should get honest productive work if they want respect.
Has honest cop always been an oxymoron ?

well look into the FACE of your so called unproductive psychopath and say that.

Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 10341411_793822223969604_6775657118466072121_n
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Well she looks like a very nice lady. But a pretty face can hide an evil mind but in this case I figure that's not true. I am sure if she was a cop she did a good job. So what did she die of ?...I figure this is an emotional sucker punch you are going in for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:11 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Well she looks like a very nice lady. But a pretty face can hide an evil mind but in this case I figure that's not true. I am sure if she was a cop she did a good job. So what did she die of ?...I figure this is an emotional sucker punch you are going in for.

This one isn't dead. She's alive and well. She is a police officer. Is married to a paramedic fireman, they have 4 children, quads.

Shes not a psychopath and she is a productive citizen who takes pride in tying to make the community she lives in a better place.

She risk her life every day to catch thugs.

And her gun is loaded.

Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:13 pm

Yeah and there are probably honest politicians....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:17 pm

now if you want a sucker punch. I got it..

This is my other niece who also was a COP, those you hate. Well, she couldn't take it and blew her effing brains out. Guess that just one less psychopath for you to hate huh

Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 268641_185998241457366_4267475_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:26 pm

teo, the women(most) in my family are tougher and more dedicated to harmony than you are.

You make hate towards them, but fact is, your mountain man charade is just that, a charade.

We call that a "WANNA BE' where I come from.

You can wear your leather jacket and talk bad about cops and those who do the scary jobs on the planet. Fact is I am willing to bet, you don't have the BALLS to confront a criminal on the street.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:29 pm

I knew you were going there.....sad to see such a beautiful person exit so early. Maybe working with psychopaths can depress normal people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:34 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
I knew you were going there.....sad to see such a beautiful person exit so early. Maybe working with psychopaths can depress normal people.

Maybe its hard to do a job when so many people HATE YOU.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:36 pm

hey teo, maybe your uncle should have checked his safety chains before going to wherever it is that he went to park? You know, like its never good to chase crack heads with a empty gun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:39 pm

I mean your uncle could of killed someone else by accident by not checking his equipment for safety.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:41 pm

I make no pretenses about how I might behave confronted with a criminal. I did outrun 4 thugs in a Philippine jungle once...I have rolled in the dirt over women a few times. I have been blown up with mines, bombs and artillery shells but that was war and doesn't count....guess it boils down to how I am feeling at the time and the size and number of my antagonists...I only have 5 rounds in my concealed carry so I take that in account also....
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:44 pm

Chrissy* wrote:
I mean your uncle could of killed someone else by accident by not checking his equipment for safety.
Wow you and seaoat are a LOT alike ....same BS. My uncle used the equipment he was provided ...you've never had an accident ?
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:46 pm

Chrissy* wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

maybe it's hard to change public opinion when there is so much crime and corruption in the police forces...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:55 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

maybe it's hard to change public opinion when there is so much crime and corruption in the police forces...

Maybe its hard to understand for you that there happens to be a lot of crime and thuggery going on in the public. And that the people, yes PEOPLE who are trying to protect you and I from that crime and thuggery are always bashed instead of those who are committing the CRIMES.

Sure, there are bad in EVERYTHING. But certainly targeting police as bad humans over people raping, murdering, stealing and yes, killing people with drug addictions is probably not the most sensible thing.

Your broad brush of cops has left us unfriendly.

I think you mr Rambo man needs to move to Chicago and clean up that crime. After all, the police cant seem to do it...
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 2:02 pm

Chrissy anytime you give power to people it is apt to corrupt. I am just as hard on Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, Politicians and Lab Managers. Oh and I could clean up Chicago...just relax the gun restrictions and let people stand their ground.....cops don't have a good response time going into the hood...
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 2:06 pm

http://www.copblock.org/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 2:33 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy anytime you give power to people it is apt to corrupt. I am just as hard on Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, Politicians and Lab Managers. Oh and I could clean up Chicago...just relax the gun restrictions and let people stand their ground.....cops don't have a good response time going into the hood...

silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop   Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Most dangerous jobs in USA...nope not cop
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next