Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Don't be black in Miami Gardens

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Don't be black in Miami Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Don't be black in Miami Gardens   Don't be black in Miami Gardens EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 10:16 pm

http://boingboing.net/2013/11/24/miami-gardens-police-arrest-bl.html

Quote :
In the city of Miami Gardens, outside of Miami, FL, the police use aggressive campaigns of stop-and-frisk and absurd arrests to bolster their records, to the great detriment of the African-American majority who live there. For example, a young man named Earl Sampson has been stopped by Miami Gardens police 258 times; they've searched him more than 100 times; and they've arrested him for trespassing 56 times. He's never been convicted of anything apart from simple possession of small amounts of marijuana.

Sampson's trespassing arrests occurred at his place of work, a convenience store called the 207 Quickstop; Sampson was repeatedly arrested for trespassing there, over the loud objections of his employer, Alex Saleh, who owns the store, and who explained to police that Sampson was not trespassing in his store.
I didn't quote the entire article.  It isn't just a vendetta against one black man.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Don't be black in Miami Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't be black in Miami Gardens   Don't be black in Miami Gardens EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 8:26 am

Gee Eric... They police was only doing their job.  I mean you post this like they were over reacting or something.  
Back to top Go down

Don't be black in Miami Gardens
Page 1 of 1