Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So, Bob. Did you find anything good this morning?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? Empty
PostSubject: So, Bob. Did you find anything good this morning?   So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:29 am

Bob gets up at 4 am on Saturdays and plans his garage and estate sales itinerary. More of a habit than anything, since he SAYS he is retired from pickin'.

I have my "order" in with him to see if he can find some andirons for the fireplace.

So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? Blacksmith-andiron
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: So, Bob. Did you find anything good this morning?   So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 2:38 pm

I saw a set of andirons in the past. But I'm afraid andirons are gonna be like the other thing I'm supposed to be getting for someone else too (a 3-wheel jogging stroller).
Some items are not always in stock in my "stores". Some items just don't turn up often enough.

I found something this morning that you may have some familiarity with. A couple of old signs from "Paradise Beach" out near you. Probably from the 50's or 60's. They were made to promote Frank Horn's Bourbon Street Six. Do you remember him?
Also picked up a 1944 Pensacola city directory.

So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? Bb6b10
So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? Bb6a10
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: So, Bob. Did you find anything good this morning?   So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 2:44 pm

also one for Gene Villar and his Dixielanders. I'm not familiar with them.

So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? Pb310

Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: So, Bob. Did you find anything good this morning?   So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 2:50 pm

The sale was at his wife's house on Bayou Chico. They actually had the music stands seen in front of the musicians in this Frank Hardy picture too. But they wanted $125 for them and that was too strong for me. I only paid five bucks for the signs.
That's Frank Horn at the far left on bass.

So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? Frank-horn-and-bourbon-street-six_sfw_8-sept-11
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: So, Bob. Did you find anything good this morning?   So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 3:02 pm

I also got a nice wooden mallet croquet set. I don't have any grass so I want to bring it out and play croquet in your backyard.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: So, Bob. Did you find anything good this morning?   So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:06 pm

That sounds like a winner. I'll make sure to pick up the dog poop first Razz

I don't remember the Bourbon Street Six, btw.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: So, Bob. Did you find anything good this morning?   So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Bob,did you run across one of those reverse motion varigated disc control ratsalad pump with the knurled handles? You said they weren't all that rare.
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: So, Bob. Did you find anything good this morning?   So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:23 pm

yelladawg wrote:
Bob,did you run across one of those reverse motion varigated disc control ratsalad pump with the knurled handles? You said they weren't all that rare.

The ones with reverse motion aren't rare. It's the ones with self mesmerizing full monte hallogenic perspicacity and burled handles are the ones hard to find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, Bob. Did you find anything good this morning?   So, Bob.  Did you find anything good this morning? Empty

Back to top Go down

So, Bob. Did you find anything good this morning?
Page 1 of 1