Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bad Morning?

Go down 
+4
mediawatcher
nochain
riceme
SheSurfs
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Yes, indeed:

Bad Morning? 4LNXicj

Last edited by SheSurfs on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Click on the picture :))
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 2:22 am

Ooopsie! I recently read in the news that some guy shot and killed someone in Chicago last year after he'd shoveled himself a parking spot and that unfortunate soul pulled into it. :/ Makes me glad they have a giant fleet of snow removal graders and equipment in Fairbanks.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:35 am

riceme wrote:
Ooopsie! I recently read in the news that some guy shot and killed someone in Chicago last year after he'd shoveled himself a parking spot and that unfortunate soul pulled into it. :/ Makes me glad they have a giant fleet of snow removal graders and equipment in Fairbanks.

Snow? What's that? Is it that white stuff below?

Bad Morning? Pensacola-beach
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:42 am

nochain wrote:
riceme wrote:

Snow? What's that? Is it that white stuff below?

Bad Morning? Pensacola-beach

Think I've seen it on tv somewhere....with some vague childhood memories....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 10:26 am

I can assure you that the beach didn't look like that YESTERDAY!  Channel 3 had to pan the Hardee's Beach Cam around quite a bit to find two beach goers.

Man!  It was c-c-c-cold!

Bad Morning? Cold_feet_by_ktshy-d37v0qq
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:51 pm

There is a 40 acre lot behind where I work that belongs to the DOT and they just haul snow there all winter... just giant mountains of snow that's been removed from the local roads all piled up there. I'd imagine it will be a huge mess come Spring.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:12 am

riceme wrote:
Not all those who wander are lost... – J. R. R. Tolkien

I really like your signature line.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:34 am

Good morning Teo. It's good to "see" you, man.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:49 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
riceme wrote:

TEOOOOOO!! Where have you beeeeennnnn??? It's so good to see you!! Smile
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 8:20 am

riceme wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
riceme wrote:

I been rumblin around. Sure is good to hear you have settled in and can start really enjoying that magnificent state of Alaska. I watch all the reality TV shows about it and dream what it would be like but you get to live it...makes me very happy.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:57 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
riceme wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
riceme wrote:

I been rumblin around. Sure is good to hear you have settled in and can start really enjoying that magnificent state of Alaska. I watch all the reality TV shows about it and dream what it would be like but you get to live it...makes me very happy.

Well, I hope everything is going well for you. I miss talking with you. Things up here are good... Winter is long, no doubt about it, but if you don't mind that and the cold, this is a fantastic place to live. Ugh, I have to go now... more later. I miss you!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 10:27 am

I miss you too, Riceme.  Sad 

Like Teo said, however, I am so happy for you! I never made it to Alaska - back in 1981, it was a choice between a cruise to Alaska and a 21 foot sailboat. The sailboat won. Sometimes I wonder if my life would have been different had I visited Alaska.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
riceme

riceme

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 5:03 pm

Melissa wrote:

Like Teo said, however, I am so happy for you! I never made it to Alaska - back in 1981, it was a choice between a cruise to Alaska and a 21 foot sailboat. The sailboat won. Sometimes I wonder if my life would have been different had I visited Alaska.

I miss you too, PB. 

Shoot, if I were you I'd have made the same choice back in '81... I don't do well being confined, and for that reason cruises have never appealed to me.
Back to top Go down

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 10:59 pm

riceme wrote:
Melissa wrote:

I miss you too, PB. 

Shoot, if I were you I'd have made the same choice back in '81... I don't do well being confined, and for that reason cruises have never appealed to me.

Cruises don't appeal to me either. My daughter has invited us old folks to go on a cruise next September with her and her husband and I'm trying to figure out a reason not to go. They love to cruise but they also love to drink and do the kind of stuff that people on cruise ships do. By that I mean they love to gamble and dance and basically party. It just ain't my scene. Plus, my dog won't eat if we're gone for more than a few hours. No cruise is worth my dog starving. They think he would buckle up and eat after he got hungry, but I'm not so sure about that. I hear Alaska is quite beautiful though. I wouldn't mind driving up there one day. (With my canine safely in the back seat, of course.)
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Yeah, I don't enjoy gambling or being confined while I enjoy my frosty beverages either, Otter. And when I used to have to put my sweet Kitty (may she be resting in peace) in a kennel when I had to travel for work she would be so pissed off that she would lay in the litter while I was away (!!???!) and she would hide from me and not talk to me for days or weeks, depending on how long I'd been gone, after I'd returned. You are so right... no cruise in the world is worth that. 

My friend is flying up to visit me this summer and I strongly recommended that he fly only up to Seattle or Vancouver then drive the rest of the way, but he wanted to fly into Fairbanks. It is a very long drive, but it is gorgeous... the most gorgeous country I have ever seen in my life & not to be missed if you like that sort of thing. And yeah, your dog will love it too Smile.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Ricey, I bought a 31' motorhome last week.. It WILL be going to Alaska within a few years.. I'm going up the east coast to Maine, then west thru Canada and eventually to Alaska.. It MIGHT take over a year to get there, but I will get there.. I'm NOT going to be on any schedule and might stop for the night every 5 miles if I want to stop or just go 5-600 miles before stopping.. If I see a sign that looks interesting, I might go a few hours out of the way to see what it's about..
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:04 pm

That sounds like the best roadtrip EVER, Jake. So cool. The Canadian Rockies are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:07 pm

I hope I can finally meet you.. :-)
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 7:52 pm

riceme wrote:

My friend is flying up to visit me this summer and I strongly recommended that he fly only up to Seattle or Vancouver then drive the rest of the way, but he wanted to fly into Fairbanks. It is a very long drive, but it is gorgeous... the most gorgeous country I have ever seen in my life & not to be missed if you like that sort of thing. And yeah, your dog will love it too Smile.

You speak the absolute truth, Riceme. I have pretty much seen every square inch of this country and a fair portion of the rest of the world and it's beyond description….a place that stays with you, calls to your DNA…..aside from all the heavy equipment everywhere. I have been privileged to work on retaining its wilderness status on a few occasions. It's the grandest of our national jewels.

My dream living might just be having a surf shack in HI and a summer cabin in AK.

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 1:48 am

That's pretty cool, Surfs. Our friends and neighbors down the slough have two summer places in Alaska and four winter places in Florida. Before they left this winter they said they were gonna sell their place in Marathon because there are getting to be too many people. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bad Morning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Morning?   Bad Morning? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad Morning?
Page 1 of 1