Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunday Morning Downtown

Go down 
+2
Eric
hallmarkgrad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Sunday Morning  Downtown Empty
PostSubject: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:53 pm

If it doesnt rain I think I will ride down town to the Wall south tomorrow AM. I usually ride down Garden then back up Main to Barrancas. Feel free to wave or say hello if you happen to be in the area. Eric gets a pass. Old man Green shirt Red bike........
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:25 pm

I'll wave to you, man. But I don't think you'll see me 250 miles away.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Thats why you got a pass. But we do need to do another ride one day..........
Back to top Go down
Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:40 am

If you ever come over to Lillian and ride through Spanish Cove, I'll wave!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/g4p
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:50 am

Rained out today Bummer. I used to live over in Lillian. We had a very small cottage next to the Catholic Nuns. Many years ago, all gone now. Back in the 60s I used to work with mr Koehler. He and his wife were great people. I think she, Erica, is still alive. I have not talked with her since Frank died. I drove by their place a few years ago and it looks very much the same.

I still ride that way sometimes but I turn right after the bridge. My friend used to have a house there and I like to see how every thing has changed.

I have tired to ride 99 a couple of times but there is not much of a bike lane and sometimes the traffic scares me. But I might try it again one day.
Back to top Go down
ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:20 pm

Gonna be rainy tomorrow, too......
Back to top Go down
http://www.led-flashlight-reviews.com/
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:39 pm

I have bike set up on a trainer. ..I will ride it but it sure is boring. I also belong to Planet Fitness and they have a couple of very good stationery bikes. !0 dollars a month is not a very bad deal. Better than nothing but it is alway good to ride out side.
Not mine but my set up is very close
oc_hEnmXBUBDxEuk_aqMLYF1dQSunday Morning  Downtown Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTijYZVI0GEkT27oOq4mJQ-Q-oc_hEnmXBUBDxEuk_aqMLYF1dQ
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:04 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
I have bike set up on a trainer. ..I will ride it but it sure is boring. I also belong to Planet Fitness and they have a couple of very good stationery bikes. !0 dollars a month is not a very bad deal. Better than nothing but it is alway good to ride out side.
Not mine but my set up is very close
oc_hEnmXBUBDxEuk_aqMLYF1dQSunday Morning  Downtown Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTijYZVI0GEkT27oOq4mJQ-Q-oc_hEnmXBUBDxEuk_aqMLYF1dQ

Do you belong to Planet Fitness on Mobile Hwy next to Publix?
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Yes The one next to Publix. I have not been going very much in last couple of months but I am going to start back.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:59 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Yes The one next to Publix. I have not been going very much in last couple of months but I am going to start back.

I go there 3-4 times a week.
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 7:15 pm

I will see you there sometimes. I need to get back in the routine.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:56 pm

BLAST no running all weekend. That means NO ICE CREAM for a few days which is reason for sulking, pouting and general tantruming.

Hallmark, I think it's great you are cycling downtown and share your angst over the dinosaur era mentality about urban cycling. If our city leaders are serious about drawing young urbanites to the core, then proper cycling lanes are an imperative.

Kicking around the idea of a triathlon.....which is a paradox as it is on my bucket list but may also be the thing that causes me to kick it. Kind of liking that trainer for the cold winter days....
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:43 am

Trainers work pretty well. I use a older bike with a cheap tire because they can be hard on tires. Maybe one day I will try a set of rollers
Some parts of the area have good bike lanes while others are just impossible. Sometimes it is the little things that make the difference. I would like to see cycling grow in this area. I think many people assume you need a high dollar bike and a lot of accessories to get started. Cycling can be as simple as you want it to be or as complex as you desire. that is part of the beauty of bicycling
I ride the Westside most of the time. I find that the roads with rumble buttons(?) amke a huge difference in keeping cars from wandering into the bike lane. Gulf Beach hiways and Blue aAngel are good examples. I try to stay off the main roads when I can and try ti link different subdivisions together.
I am just a old guy with old equipment. for me, it is a great hobby and good day to stay in shape.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:46 am

I'm on my recumbent Exercycle right now... As we used to say in CB lingo "reading the mail".
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:57 am

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:19 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:

That was interesting to pedal to. He sleeps in his bike shorts? Ewwww!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Downtown   Sunday Morning  Downtown Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday Morning Downtown
Page 1 of 1