Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop

Go down 
+3
riceme
Surfnrg
hallmarkgrad
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:41 pm

You know, that is what I have heard about French press coffee --that it has the best taste and all that. But I had it several times in Australia and I had it in Japan....and I did not like it any time I ever had it.

Last edited by nekochan on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:41 pm

nekochan wrote:
I don't like a separate grinder because I make such a mess with it while transferring the coffee from the grinder to the coffee maker. I've done that before and I always ended up with coffee grinds all over my floor and counter, lol. I guess I could grind it the night before but in the morning I don't have the patience to grind the coffee in one appliance and then transfer it over to the coffee maker. Lazy...I know. And messy.

What I need (notice the word need!) is a fancy burr type grinder you speak of that also brews the coffee in one appliance.

Capresso makes one Smile
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:43 pm

I used to sell quite a few of these

http://www.capresso.com/coffee-makers-coffee-team-gs.shtml
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:45 pm

I have seen the fancy coffee makers/grinders in the fancy coffee stores and dammit, one day I'm going to buy one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:47 pm

$200 doesn't seem outrageous for an appliance that you use every day. I am going to talk myself into it one day.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:48 pm

I clicked on it to take me to the checkout and see how much it was and the one I "selected" was $399. Probably not the same model. Two hundred is a lot better than four hundred...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:50 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
That is why you need a barista

I would bet that finding a good barista in Pensacola would be a stretch.

Hell, HG... you know where I live. You kiddin' me?? Finding a barista here -- good, bad or otherwise -- is a stretch! You probably read my above account of my last trip into our coffee bar where the "barista" asked me (after much confusion and a big Question-Mark Face) how many "quadruple" was. ARGH! Afterward she informed me that "Everyone else just asks for triple." I looked at her cock-eyed and clarified for her that TRIPLE = 3... QUADRUPLE = 4, in my second and final math lesson for the day. A bad day for a math geek, for sure.

But yeah, to your point, Mizz Studer advertised "EXPERT baristas." Expert my sweet @55.

My favorite coffee shop in Pensacola used to be Bad Ass Coffee. Holy Mother Teresa. I was so terribly sleep deprived and so tired and overworked that during a certain period, I used to run over there 3 or 4 times a day for their Black widow (double)... which was 4 shots with brewed coffee poured on top of it. One time I splurged and bought a pound of their Kona... it was really, really good, but really I just as soon drink Peet's grinded into an oblivion.

Last edited by riceme on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Maybe I was looking at it wrong. It's probably a pack of filters that cost $200. Laughing
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:55 pm

nekochan wrote:
I don't like a separate grinder because I make such a mess with it while transferring the coffee from the grinder to the coffee maker. I've done that before and I always ended up with coffee grinds all over my floor and counter, lol. I guess I could grind it the night before but in the morning I don't have the patience to grind the coffee in one appliance and then transfer it over to the coffee maker. Lazy...I know. And messy.

What I need (notice the word need!) is a fancy burr type grinder you speak of that also brews the coffee in one appliance.

Neko, I wouldn't waste my money on buying a coffee grinder. I use the big ones they have in the grocery, right at the end of the coffee aisle. Thataway I can grind my beans into an oblivion, aka into either Turkish or Espresso ground.... "All the stronger to make my coffeeeee with, my dear!"

Several of my roommates have had coffee grinders, and none of them were worth a good god damn.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:00 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
nekochan wrote:
They had those French press coffee makers when we were in Australia and I have also seen them in Japan. I do not like the taste of coffee made that way. I would rather have it boiled, like Hallmark's video.

French presses make some of the best coffee u can do at home.

Boiling kills the subtle flavors it should be served well under boiling.

Around 160

I totally agree with 3w... When I make Cowboy Coffee when I'm camping I NEVER, EVER bring it to a boil after I've added the grounds, and I wait 'til after the water has stopped boiling and cooled some to add the grounds. Not only does it kill the subtle flavors, but it also gives your coffee a real yucky bitter taste.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:05 pm

nekochan wrote:
I have a coffee maker that grinds before it brews. But there is only one setting and it doesn't grind long enough to make it a fine consistency. So when I buy coffee beans, I run the grinder 2 or 3 times to get a nice fine grind to them,

I have heard of Peet's, but I have never bought it. I'll have to see if we have it here in Huntsville.

It's about $9/lb (around here, anyhow), but to me it's worth it. Coffee is one of the things I go ahead and splurge on because I enjoy it so very much. Kinda like green tea, but you and I could go on and on about REAL green tea, its virtues and deliciousness, no doubt!!

sunny
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
nekochan wrote:
I have a coffee maker that grinds before it brews. But there is only one setting and it doesn't grind long enough to make it a fine consistency. So when I buy coffee beans, I run the grinder 2 or 3 times to get a nice fine grind to them,

I have heard of Peet's, but I have never bought it. I'll have to see if we have it here in Huntsville.

U are killing the beans you need a "burr" grinder. It has numbered settings and is conical in shape. It actually cuts the bean instead of grinding it like a food processor plus it does not heat up.

A goos expresso grind should be so fine it is like dust...it is then tamped down and put into a fine expresso machine. The grind, the temp of the water and the psi the water is forced throgh the grind is an art.

That is why you need a barista or study up but u must start with a burr grinder and they are 50 bucks up good ones can be 100 easy

Hey Neko, maybe check Overstock.com or even Amazon. I have an Amazon Prime membership (which includes free 2-day delivery on my orders) because of how many books I order AND because I HATE going to The Big City (which is very near the same population of Pensacola, but a much larger area) and just will not go unless I absolutely, positively must.

I would be more than happy to place an Amazon order for you and have it drop-shipped to your house so you didn't have to pay shipping and handling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:25 pm

http://postum.com/about-our-company/

Better than coffee. Looks like their bringing it back now after it was discontinued in 07.

Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 Images10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Aww, you're sweet Riceme. Overstock only cost a little for shipping. I am not ready to buy one yet. Probably on one of my birthdays or Christmas I will tell hubby that I want a fancy coffee maker.

Speaking of green tea...I think I told you that I found a real Japanese restaurant here in Huntsville. And they serve real green tea! They bring a pot of it to the table when you sit down...delicious!

I have used the grinders at the supermarket. They are great unless some idiot has left a half a bag of un-ground beans in the machine. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
AuntieChrist

AuntieChrist

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:52 pm

I'm not a huge coffee drinker but I love coffee if it's made right.
I was staying at my parents for a few days after I recently had surgery and my mother made coffee that was a mix of Seattle's Best and Starbucks something or other and I loved it. But I could only drink a couple of cups of it because that's about all I can handle. She has some kind of perky coffee pot she got which looks vintage to me. Made the coffee taste better, in my opinion.

Speaking of Starbucks, I am cheap like riceme is and I'd never spend $$ on Starbucks myself. But my aunt thinks I just adore Starbucks (lol bless her heart, she sure is sweet) and keeps topping off a Starbucks card for me. The other day I went in there and got some kind of Vanilla Spice coffee with soy milk and it was $5.75!!!! :O Needless to say I won't be doing that again, card or no card. Starbucks is way overrated. Couple of days ago I bought a .99 coffee - French vanilla flavored and it honestly tasted better than the $6 Starbucks I bought.

Just saw this online - perfect coffee pot for riceme. LOL

Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 Kobi-l10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Starbucks is alright. But I will not pay $5.00+ for a cup of coffee. If I am away from home and want to buy a cup of coffee, I will buy it at McDonald's. I have no idea what kind of coffee McDonald's uses, but I think it's pretty good. I do like Starbuck's Sumatra coffee that can be bought in grocery stores. But it just cost too much.

Seattle's Best is good coffee and much cheaper than Starbucks.
Back to top Go down
AuntieChrist

AuntieChrist

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:23 pm

I can't imagine spending $5 per day (minimum) on a coffee from anywhere. Geez! Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:30 pm

I can't either! Back when I was in Japan and I had extra "play money" to spend, I would sometimes go with a friend to Starbucks and buy a cup of cafe mocha or something like that. If I'm going to drink any kind of flavored coffee--well it's going to have chocolate in it, lol. But $5.00 is nothing for a cup of coffee in Japan. Even the restaurants there charge that much for a cup. But here in the USA--no way!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:38 pm

nekochan wrote:
Aww, you're sweet Riceme. Overstock only cost a little for shipping. I am not ready to buy one yet. Probably on one of my birthdays or Christmas I will tell hubby that I want a fancy coffee maker.

Speaking of green tea...I think I told you that I found a real Japanese restaurant here in Huntsville. And they serve real green tea! They bring a pot of it to the table when you sit down...delicious!

I have used the grinders at the supermarket. They are great unless some idiot has left a half a bag of un-ground beans in the machine. Evil or Very Mad

Anytime, Neko. If you change your mind just let me know... you have my email address I love you

You are correct... if memory serves shipping from Overstock is $2. Can't hardly beat that with a stick. Their prices are often not what I would like them to be. When they first started it seems to me that their prices really were great... doesn't seem they're quite as good for a lot of things anymore.

YES, you told me about the authentic Japanese restaurant that the Toyota (or is it Honda...? I forget) factory brought in for clients and staff. Sooo jealous! Ahhh... you did NOT tell me before that they serve REAL green tea!! SWEET!! I still have most of one of the big bags that one of my friends / colleagues smuggled back to the states for me. It is very carefully rationed, of course. SO delicious. During summertime, I love nothing more than iced green tea... no sugar, ever... as you're well aware it is perfectly delicious just as it is brewed! Well, I also love very strong iced coffee, black. Mmm mmm mmm!!!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:42 pm

We like the Folgers Black Silk coffee. Christine preps the coffee pot at night for it's automatic startup in the wee hours, and the house smells sooo good right after opening that can.

Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 Compliments_black_silk
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:46 pm

I don't drink cold green tea, but it's very popular in Japan in the summer. They also like cold barley tea a lot. But I cannot stand barley tea...it's just nasty. The Japanese do have really great tasting canned tea and canned coffee. I have never tasted canned tea in the US that didn't have some sort of an after-taste to it. I do not know what the Japanese secret is to making good tasting tea and coffee in a can. And also they have vending machines that serve both hot and cold canned drinks in the same machine. Oh the little things like that I miss about Japan!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Black Silk....I must say the name sounds good.. I am a little suspicious though! Suspect
Back to top Go down
AuntieChrist

AuntieChrist

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:52 pm

I LOVE barley tea. I have a whole ton of it here at the house but it's too much just for one person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:01 pm

I am not surprised you cannot find someone to drink it with you!

But you would love Japan. Wink

Some really good, inexpensive restaurants in Japan serve barley tea with every meal. The food is delicious...if only they served a good tea to go with it. lol.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:04 pm

AuntieChrist wrote:
I'm not a huge coffee drinker but I love coffee if it's made right.
I was staying at my parents for a few days after I recently had surgery and my mother made coffee that was a mix of Seattle's Best and Starbucks something or other and I loved it. But I could only drink a couple of cups of it because that's about all I can handle. She has some kind of perky coffee pot she got which looks vintage to me. Made the coffee taste better, in my opinion.

Speaking of Starbucks, I am cheap like riceme is and I'd never spend $$ on Starbucks myself. But my aunt thinks I just adore Starbucks (lol bless her heart, she sure is sweet) and keeps topping off a Starbucks card for me. The other day I went in there and got some kind of Vanilla Spice coffee with soy milk and it was $5.75!!!! :O Needless to say I won't be doing that again, card or no card. Starbucks is way overrated. Couple of days ago I bought a .99 coffee - French vanilla flavored and it honestly tasted better than the $6 Starbucks I bought.

Just saw this online - perfect coffee pot for riceme. LOL

Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 Kobi-l10

LOL @the stiletto pitcher! Unfortunately my knee, tibia and hip have been in so much pain that below is what I've been wearing daily for the past >year... As well as my new (as of end of September) Ariat cowgirl boots. Plus, it is just not sensible to wear stilettos where I live, particularly not during the late Fall, Winter and Spring seasons.

Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 WolverineDuraShocksSlipResistantGore-TexWaterproofNon-InsulatedComposite-Toe8-inWorkBoot

HOWEVER, I DID wear a pair of 5" stiletto booties on my date Saturday night, since we went to "The Big City" (lol) and all. I love you

I totally agree with you that Star*ux is WAY overrated, not to mention overpriced. Plus, I would MUCH rather give my money to a local business owner any day of the week. But you like Chai, don't you? I think they have Chai there... you may as well use up that card... don't let it go to waste!

Oh, my folks also have a newer, but old-fashioned SS percolator coffee maker. It brews a damn fine cup of coffee, I agree with you!!

OH! I just remembered that I need to go down the hill and check the mail for the package you sent me. The suspense is killing me and I can't wait to find out what you sent me, you sweetheart! -->>Evernote. lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop    Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bodacious Brew-Espresso, Breakfast, Chocolate & Gelato Shop
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next