Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Had a $57 breakfast today.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Had a $57 breakfast today. Empty
PostSubject: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 8:38 am

Staying at the Waldorf Astoria in New York. Christine is in a meeting at J. P. Morgan Chase.

Room is not big, but well appointed... but not worth $446 a night!

Damn! They are proud of their rooms and vittles here. I can't wait to get the hell outta here.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 8:46 am

Eric wrote:
Staying at the Waldorf Astoria in New York.  Christine is in a meeting at J. P. Morgan Chase.

Room is not big, but well appointed... but not worth $446 a night!

Damn!  They are proud of their rooms and vittles here.  I can't wait to get the hell outta here.

Remember a long time ago passing through NYC and having to get a room near the airport....when told the price this small town boy almost dropped over all I could say was...one room not an entire floor....Sure they were looking for the turnip truck I'd fallen off.....Nice to visit but could never imagine living there....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:00 am

I had steak 'n eggs.  The steak was only $4 more, so I said "what the hell".  Was surprised on how much steak they put on the plate... 3 half-inch thick slices of filet... yum.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:05 am

Eric wrote:
I had steak 'n eggs.  The steak was only $4 more, so I said "what the hell".  Was surprised on how much steak they put on the plate... 3 half-inch thick slices of filet... yum.

Nice.... Get in any sightseeing?.....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:11 am

Not yet. Maybe this afternoon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:36 pm

fancy......................
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 5:02 pm

The tolls on the bridges for 1 day are enough to beat all of our bank accounts..
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:55 am

It's great you two are taking advantage of your stay! A mistake people often make on vacation is not stopping to smell the roses…or eat the breakast, lol. There is something very memorable/enjoyable about fine hotel breakfasts, isn't there?

NYC is a curiosity to me…something to observe behind velvet ropes….and then keep right on going….
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Perhaps if I had parked outside Manhattan and taken a taxi to the hotel, I might have enjoyed things more.  You can't take in any sightseeing while driving.  There are so many people arrogantly crossing the street in front of you when you have the green light, people double-parked, cars and trucks not staying in their lanes, etc. that you have to really pay attention to the road and nothing else.

If there is a next time, I will take mass transit into the city, enjoy some sights, then take mass transit out of the city for my night's stay.

When we go to our favorite cabin in the Smokies (in Townsend), we usually make the obligatory trip to Gatlinburg for an hour or two, but that's not why we go to the Smokies.  Gatlinburg is so crowded and touristy.  Here is a view from the cabin's front porch.  This is why we go to the Smokies... the mountain experience and nature at it's finest.

Had a $57 breakfast today. View_f10

I lived in Bristol for a year and six of us rented a chalet in Gatlinburg and rode motorcycles over from Bristol.  That was real nice.  There is nothing like riding a bike in the mountains.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Beautiful, Eric.  Years ago, we travelled to Gatlinburg twice a year but not any more. It lost the quaint mountain town atmosphere years ago. It is nothing more than a commercialized tourist town. Very sad....I loved the local stores that sold only artisan goods. I do remember my favorite store was a tiny jelly and jam shop....all homemade. Also a small candle shop.

The small cabin style stores were located in the Village behind the main street Pancake House

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 1:00 pm

That cabin had a porch on three sides... mountain was on the other side.  It had a hot tub on one side, a picnic table with a Webber grill on the other side.   High-backed rockers on the front porch.

Firewood was stacked outside and there was a nice fireplace in a corner of the great room.

We would have to gun the car up the trail to get to the cabin because it was so steep.  It was the highest cabin in the complex.  You parked, walked up the steps to a landing, then up another set of stairs to the front of the cabin.  On the second floor of the cabin, there was a back door that was at the mountain level... steep land.

The complex (28 acres) had a pond where you could fish, and a garden where you could pick veggies... as long as you ate them while you were staying there.  

We haven't been there in a while.  Townsend fought a 4-lane highway, but I think the State of Tennessee finally got their way.

The grocery store was quaint... like the old-time general store.  You could get bacon, barbed wire, and  bullets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Eric,
Although I have always wanted to visit NY, Ill take the smokies any day.

Ive often found people from NY to be very rude. Yep, the smokies beats NY imho.

Dang, I could get lost in a view like that. Do you happen to have a hot tub facing that view? wow
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Yeah, all the decks have that view. I'll have to admit that the fog isn't there all the time... only on certain mornings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Eric wrote:
Yeah, all the decks have that view.  I'll have to admit that the fog isn't there all the time... only on certain mornings.

o I know the look. I haven't done that in forever. I once took my family including our parents to a cabin for Christmas for a week. Bear creek cabins. Seriously cabins in the mountains have special place in my heart. I love you

This is the place I went. It was snowing though. That was a experience. I think I could have done without that part lol

If you own a cabin in the mountains, your so lucky. It just doesn't get any better than that imho
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 3:41 pm

We don't own a cabin in the mountains... only rented one for a day or two at a time.

My brother and his wife live in Franklin, N.C. in a cabin. When the leaves change color, we usually visit them. It is about a half-hour's drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Eric wrote:
We don't own a cabin in the mountains... only rented one for a day or two at a time.

My brother and his wife live in Franklin, N.C. in a cabin.  When the leaves change color, we usually visit them.  It is about a half-hour's drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

oops I misunderstood. but just going there like you can is a huge plus. rendeer
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Cindy and I are headed north to see the leaves in a few weeks. :-)
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:06 pm

Eric, I wish you had the time to go see West Point and some of the sights in that area along with the West Point band... I avoid NYC as much as possible, but there are a few good places to eat...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had a $57 breakfast today.   Had a $57 breakfast today. Empty

Back to top Go down

Had a $57 breakfast today.
Page 1 of 1