Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brett Kavanaugh turns his back on grieving father of slain Parkland teen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wilburforce

wilburforce

Brett Kavanaugh turns his back on grieving father of slain Parkland teen Empty
PostSubject: Brett Kavanaugh turns his back on grieving father of slain Parkland teen   Brett Kavanaugh turns his back on grieving father of slain Parkland teen EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 4:03 pm

Fred Guttenberg's 14-year-old daughter was one of the 17 students killed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in February.

Prospective Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh turned his back on the grieving father of one of the students killed in the Parkland mass shooting during his Senate confirmation hearing Tuesday.

Fred Guttenberg, whose 14-year-old daughter Jaime was among the 17 students killed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in February, approached the circuit court judge and former Bush White House staffer to introduce himself and shake Kavanaugh’s hand during a midday recess Tuesday afternoon.

After Guttenberg extended his hand, however, Kavanaugh appeared to glance at him momentarily before turning around and walking away, without returning his greeting. The moment was captured on video and showed Guttenberg pointing and calling out to Kavanaugh as he left the room, and what appeared to be a security officer walking up to Guttenberg as the camera cut away.

It is unclear from the audio what Guttenberg said, although ShareBlue reporter Tommy Christopher reported that Guttenberg told Kavanaugh, “My daughter was murdered.”

Guttenberg tweeted about the exchange afterward.

“Just walked up to Judge Kavanaugh as morning session ended. Put out my hand to introduce myself as Jaime Guttenberg’s dad,” he said. “I guess he did not want to deal with the reality of gun violence.”

https://thinkprogress.org/kavanaugh-refuses-to-shake-hands-with-father-of-slain-parkland-teen-13495911c1fb/
Back to top Go down

Brett Kavanaugh turns his back on grieving father of slain Parkland teen
Page 1 of 1