Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Those with principles are under attack...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Those with principles are under attack... Empty
PostSubject: Those with principles are under attack...   Those with principles are under attack... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:20 pm

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/04/02/this-culture-war-were-in/

At the individual level, the goal of the culture war is to destroy your will to resist them. The left has many tools for doing this.

It will shame you. It will bully you. It will cause you to despair. It will convince you that your cause is hopeless. It will urge you to turn on each other. It will use your children against you. It will show you that what you believe in is a lie. It will make you question your sense of right and wrong.

All of these serve their evil ends.

The most important thing to understand about this phase of the culture war is that the left’s goal is to break you as an individual, to take away your values and to replace them with their own. If it cannot do these things, it will try to destroy you and even use you as a cautionary tale to warn others.

This war may be fought with social media or in classrooms, it may be fought by bureaucrats with pens and by movie stars in front of cameras, but it’s not all that different from a conqueror and his army of brutes riding into a village and enforcing his own rule of law. The forms are different, but the underlying dynamic is the same. We are being conquered. And we continue to resist.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Those with principles are under attack...   Those with principles are under attack... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 10:07 pm

I don't even know how to respond to that except to say that if there is a war it certainly comes from both sides.

Also, believing that the war exists and discussing it only divides our country even more than it is already divided. I don't think that is very productive, just like it's not very productive for Christians to claim they are being discriminated against when they are the largest religious group in America. The majority of Americans call themselves Christians. I say call themselves that because I haven't met many actual Christians in my life.
The ones screaming the loudest are out there trying to change our government and legislate morality just like Jesus argued to change the Roman government during his lifetime.

Oops. He didn't. Never. Not once.

There is no war but there are a lot of confused Americans wasting their time beating their heads against a brick wall when they should be living their lives and being examples for their kids and their friends to admire and follow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those with principles are under attack...   Those with principles are under attack... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:42 pm

Eddard wrote:
I don't even know how to respond to that except to say that if there is a war it certainly comes from both sides.

Also, believing that the war exists and discussing it only divides our country even more than it is already divided. I don't think that is very productive, just like it's not very productive for Christians to claim they are being discriminated against when they are the largest religious group in America. The majority of Americans call themselves Christians. I say call themselves that because I haven't met many  actual Christians in my life.
The ones screaming the loudest are out there  trying to change our government and legislate morality just like Jesus argued to change the Roman government during his lifetime.

Oops.  He didn't. Never. Not once.

There is no war but there are a lot of confused Americans wasting their time beating their heads against a brick wall when they should be living their lives and being examples for their kids and their friends to admire and follow.

Those with principles are under attack... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQImKf1xSLtcdGcM1jG2K62rvhMjqy2Bb3Th02hG7SZuOZfUKXR5Q

Is that sort of like you believe you're setting some sort of example berating those who say they are Christian?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKlu3A3BBgE

Smile
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Those with principles are under attack...   Those with principles are under attack... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:26 am

Critics are a dime a dozen and never created anything but controversy. I don't want to force anyone to be anything, the key word is force.....
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Those with principles are under attack...   Those with principles are under attack... EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 6:59 pm

No. It's sort of like I don't believe Christians are under attack in this country. Oh, you can find a few overly verbal atheists out there ridiculing Christians, but it doesn't even come close to the Christians who berate gay people or other races or women who have had abortions. I went to an Easter dinner today, btw, with a Christian family, and heard at least one joke about gays and one about black people.
Most all these folks had been to sunrise services out at the beach.

Apparently they didn't learn a thing about Christianity. Jesus hung out with prostitutes unless I read the scriptures wrong.

What I am saying is these folks are the norm for this area of the country. I don't live in any other area of the country so I don't know about those places.  What I am saying is I don't believe there are as many Christians around as there are people who claim to be one.  Not nearly. Not even close. I'm not claiming I act like a Christian should act either, but I know it when I see it.
This is supposed to be the Bible Belt.  If they aren't here, where are they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those with principles are under attack...   Those with principles are under attack... EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:23 pm

Eddard wrote:
No. It's sort of like I don't believe Christians are under attack in this country. Oh, you can find a few overly verbal atheists out there ridiculing Christians, but it doesn't even come close to the Christians who berate gay people or other races or women who have had abortions. I went to an Easter dinner today, btw, with a Christian family, and heard at least one joke about gays and one about black people.

Apparently they didn't learn a thing about Christianity. Jesus hung out with prostitutes unless I read the scriptures wrong.

What I am saying is these folks  are the norm for this area of the country. I don't live in any other area of the country so I don't know about those places.  What I am saying is I don't believe there are as many Christians around as there are people who claim to be one.  Not nearly. Not even close. I'm not claiming I act like a Christian should act either, but I know it when I see it.

Those with principles are under attack... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXCSY5KMslA5HWhHUEikd9O7aTOJz8zDAJRn29x3B5xeyzuNKx

I see... So you're without sin and are a perfect Christian.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhMpZHpK9uk

Smile
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Those with principles are under attack...   Those with principles are under attack... EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:56 am

Eddard wrote:

What I am saying is these folks  are the norm for this area of the country. I don't live in any other area of the country so I don't know about those places.  What I am saying is I don't believe there are as many Christians around as there are people who claim to be one.  Not nearly. Not even close. I'm not claiming I act like a Christian should act either, but I know it when I see it.

So based on two questionable  jokes/comments it's all Christians..It's the Bible Belt...there's some open minded thinking.....Talk about stereotyping people as the 'norm'.... ....By the way is there a group on earth that not capable of making questionable comments that someone may find offensive?....Glad I've never said anything questionable or something that could be taken as offensive to others....
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Those with principles are under attack...   Those with principles are under attack... EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:05 am

When I think of a principle in my life, I think of a foundational truth. Who can remove a foundational truth from me? Hopefully, if I am shown wrong I will learn and move on from what I thought was truth. But if it is something that is a non-negotiable - how do they take that away? The non-negotiability of my faith cannot be changed by anyone or taken away.

Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Those with principles are under attack...   Those with principles are under attack... EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Gosh Damaged Eagle, I guess you missed the part of my post where I said I did not act like a Christian either, but I know it when I see it.

No, I don't even contend that I am a Christian, because I've been told the word means Christlike and I sure ain't that. But I am a good reader. I know what a Christian is supposed to be and pretty close to the top of that list is non judgmental.

I also know Jesus didn't once try to change one of the most corrupt governments ever to rule on this earth. He was completely uninterested in politics or the making of any kind of laws. If that steps on your idea of what it's supposed to be about, then all I can say is Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those with principles are under attack...   Those with principles are under attack... EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:20 pm

Eddard wrote:
Gosh Damaged Eagle, I guess you missed the part of my post where I said I did not act like a Christian either, but I know it when I see it.

No, I don't even contend that I am a Christian, because I've been told the word means Christlike and I sure ain't that. But I am a good reader.  I know what a Christian is supposed to be and pretty close to the top of that list is non judgmental.

So you expect all Christians to be letter perfect and if their culture and customs don't suit you then they're wrong and should be ostracized and stoned... That's really being aware of social differences and accepting of such. Isn't that what the liberal instructors at the various colleges and universities attempt to teach? You know... Things like accepting social and cultural differences even when you might disagree with them. It appears you can't even follow your own liberal doctrine. Then people like you have the nerve to hurl stones and death threats at those with whom you disagree.

Eddard wrote:
I also know Jesus didn't once try to change one of the most corrupt governments ever to rule on this earth. He was completely uninterested in politics or the making of any kind of laws. If that steps on your idea of what it's supposed to be about, then all I can say is Sorry about that.

And yet in the end everything he did changed all the things you say he didn't try to change.

Looks like he might have known what he was doing after all.

Those with principles are under attack... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmvnQ5AWSqGAjOvmpfiRycne43sDZ7rIQ9Uek64UTlUvDEUH6Hkg

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMRDC4UDsnU

Smile
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Those with principles are under attack...   Those with principles are under attack... EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 1:13 pm

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Eddard wrote:

No, I don't even contend that I am a Christian, because I've been told the word means Christlike and I sure ain't that. But I am a good reader.  I know what a Christian is supposed to be and pretty close to the top of that list is non judgmental.

So you expect all Christians to be letter perfect and if their culture and customs don't suit you then they're wrong and should be ostracized and stoned... That's really being aware of social differences and accepting of such. Isn't that what the liberal instructors at the various colleges and universities attempt to teach? You know... Things like accepting social and cultural differences even when you might disagree with them. It appears you can't even follow your own liberal doctrine. Then people like you have the nerve to hurl stones and death threats at those with whom you disagree.

Eddard wrote:

And yet in the end everything he did changed all the things you say he didn't try to change.

Looks like he might have known what he was doing after all.

Those with principles are under attack... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmvnQ5AWSqGAjOvmpfiRycne43sDZ7rIQ9Uek64UTlUvDEUH6Hkg

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMRDC4UDsnU

Smile

DE you're pretty fly for a white guy....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Those with principles are under attack...   Those with principles are under attack... EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 3:23 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

DE you're pretty fly for a white guy....

Those with principles are under attack... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSJINGjbWykE-nlKWzWBqyFmHd6vlj9ODUbg_zx4vTVarnHIEo7g

Thanks Teo...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p_1QSUsbsM

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those with principles are under attack...   Those with principles are under attack... Empty

Back to top Go down

Those with principles are under attack...
Page 1 of 1