Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

People are committing suicide at alarming rates...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

People are committing suicide at alarming rates... Empty
PostSubject: People are committing suicide at alarming rates...   People are committing suicide at alarming rates... EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 8:50 am

http://news.yahoo.com/one-person-commits-suicide-every-40-seconds-101727279.html

"Suicide is an amazing public health problem. There is one suicide every 40 seconds -- it is a huge number," said Shekhar Saxena, director of WHO's mental health department, at the presentation of the report in Geneva.

"Suicide kills more than conflicts, wars and natural catastrophes," he said. "There are 1.5 million violent deaths every year in the world, of which 800,000 are suicides."

Some of the highest rates of suicide are found in central and eastern Europe and in Asia, with 25 percent occurring in rich countries, the report says.

Men are almost twice as likely as women to take their own lives. Common methods are hanging, gunshots, and especially in rural areas the use of poisonous insecticides.
View gallery
South Korea has installed emergency telephones to deter …
South Korea has installed emergency telephones to deter suicide attempts along the Mapo Bridge, whic …

"Globally, suicide rates are highest in people aged 70 years and over. In some countries, however, the highest rates are found among the young," WHO said. "Notably, suicide is the second leading cause of death in 15-29 year-olds globally."

- Don't glamorise suicide -
Back to top Go down

People are committing suicide at alarming rates... Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are committing suicide at alarming rates...   People are committing suicide at alarming rates... EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Wow that's a lot and suicide is so sad and hard on those left behind

I had a neice who stuck a gun in her mouth , it was such a heartbreak. She was a beautiful lady. She was a police officer and got injured and then hooked on pain pills that's one of the reasons I'm so against pain pills

I always feel like I didn't do enough for her. We all feel that way

Sad topic Sad
Back to top Go down

People are committing suicide at alarming rates...
Page 1 of 1