Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Second case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in the area.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Second case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in the area. Empty
PostSubject: Second case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in the area.   Second case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in the area. EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 8:38 am

Article in NorthEscambia.com

Quote :
While EEE rarely infects humans, transmission of the virus to humans is possible from the bite of an infected mosquito. Human signs and symptoms of EEE infection can include sudden onset of headache, high fever, chills, and vomiting. The illness may then progress into disorientation, seizures, and coma. Severe cases of EEE infection in humans can lead to brain damage or death. Persons experiencing symptoms of a mosquito-borne disease should seek immediate medical care.

When I was a Health Department Inspector, I had a flock of "sentinel chickens" in coops at two of my residences. Every once and a while, we would get blood from the chickens and send them off for analysis, looking for antibodies to EEE mainly. I would take care of the chickens and got to eat the eggs. I assume they still have sentinel chicken flocks scattered around the county.

Just something that we did (monitor for diseases) that most folks didn't know about...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Second case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in the area.   Second case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in the area. EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 4:52 pm

I just read an article on the PNJ that stated there is also a confirmed case of West Nile Virus in Escambia County.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Second case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in the area.   Second case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in the area. EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in the area.   Second case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in the area. Empty

Back to top Go down

Second case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in the area.
Page 1 of 1