Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 10:54 pm

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/07/29/jury-awards-jesse-ventura-1-8m-in-defamation-case/20938881/

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- A jury awarded former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura $1.8 million on Tuesday in his lawsuit against the estate of "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle.

......Olsen said inconsistencies in testimony from defense witnesses about what happened the night of Oct. 12, 2006, were so serious that their stories couldn't be trusted. He also pointed out that people who were with Ventura that night testified that the alleged confrontation never happened. And he said Ventura would never have said any of the remarks attributed to him because he remains proud of his and his parents' military service.

"The statement is completely out of character for Jesse Ventura. He never said anything like that in his life, and he never will," he said.

Ventura testified that his income as a television personality fell sharply as job offers dried up in the wake of "American Sniper." Borger said Ventura's career as an entertainer was in decline well before that.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:23 am

And Jesse wants FAIR recompense... everything the sniper's widow made from his book "American Sniper".

Why not just bleed her dry and sell the blood too, Jesse?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:34 am

Eric wrote:
And Jesse wants FAIR recompense... everything the sniper's widow made from his book "American Sniper".

Why not just bleed her dry and sell the blood too, Jesse?

To punish the widow is disgusting... but would anyone expect less from Jesse?...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:44 am

Jesse is not much of a man for doing this. I hope he finds out this is the biggest mistake he ever made as he burns through the widows money and dies homeless......I've heard there is a petition to have his name removed from the UDT/SEAL fraternal order. You don't break the faith with your team mates. Ever.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:51 am

nochain wrote:
Jesse is not much of a man for doing this. I hope he finds out this is the biggest mistake he ever made as he burns through the widows money and dies homeless......I've heard there is a petition to have his name removed from the UDT/SEAL fraternal order. You don't break the faith with your team mates. Ever.

Apparently you do if you're Jesse the body Ventura....and the people of Minnesota elected this fool!... Imagine the SEAL COMMUNITY wouldn't be very welcoming towards him...
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:25 am

nochain wrote:

I did not know before now that he was even seeking damages against the widow. That makes me feel sick to my stomach and I hope that they do remove his name and more. He is even more of a jackass than I'd previously thought.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:26 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

Apparently you do if you're Jesse the body Ventura....and the people of Minnesota elected this fool!... Imagine the SEAL COMMUNITY wouldn't be very welcoming towards him...

I imagine the SEAL community kicking his ass. I always used to joke that "there are lots of holes in the desert."  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:29 am

cheers 
riceme wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

I imagine the SEAL community kicking his ass. I always used to joke that "there are lots of holes in the desert."  Suspect 

Another example of the judicial system.....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:37 am

mediawatcher wrote:
 cheers 
riceme wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

Another example of the judicial system.....

An example of the judicial system working... when we make it work.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:24 am

I have no love for Ventura but the sniper did lie ( a jury says so ), and it damaged Ventura's reputation whatever that is. Sure you can hype it saying he sued the "poor" widow but in reality the sniper profited from the Ventura lie and those profits were in the snipers estate. The wife is simply a custodian of those ill gotten funds. Justice was served. A liar was exposed.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:46 am

Okay, I agree with you. But I suspect there are two or three sentences in the book related to the "lie". If that is 1/100 of a percent of the book, award Ventura accordingly from book royalties.

If the book was ONLY about an incident in a bar with Ventura, award him all the proceeds... but it isn't.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:51 am

Publicity sells books, good or bad....The sniper got his face in front of the news cameras thanks to the lie....it sold many books.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:59 am

He was famous before the book. Determining how much the "lie" affected Ventura's reputation is subjective.

Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:09 am

Eric wrote:
He was famous before the book.  Determining how much the "lie" affected Ventura's reputation is subjective.

Not really ..it was objectively worth 1.8 million bucks.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:14 am

How was that determined. Out of the air?
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:18 am

It was an accurate assessment +/- a couple million. Hey lawyers know things....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:30 am

If what I read yesterday is correct. The widow should still have $3M or more left after that judgement.

I could live with that.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:52 am

Eric wrote:
If what I read yesterday is correct.  The widow should still have $3M or more left after that judgement.

I could live with that.

Yes I don't think anyone wants to punish his wife. Not even Ventura. She will be just fine on 3 million.

Remember the old saying..he who lives by the sword..dies by the sword....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...   Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper... Empty

Back to top Go down

Jesse Ventura wins case against sniper...
Page 1 of 1