Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown

Go down 
+2
TEOTWAWKI
nochain
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nochain

nochain

EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown Empty
PostSubject: EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown   EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:59 am

Another rogue agency

When it comes to environmental regulation compliance, the Department of Homeland Security isn’t playing — as evidenced by a recent federal raid of a South Carolinian’s home to confiscate a Land Rover that violated EPA emission rules.

Jennifer Brinkley said she saw a line of law enforcement vehicles approaching her home and wondered what was wrong, the local WBTV reported. Homeland Security agents then went to her 1985 Land Rover Defender and lifted the hood.
“They popped up the hood and looked at the Vehicle Identification Number and compared it with a piece of paper and then took the car with them,” she said, WBTV reported.

She told Fox News that she was told the agents seized the vehicle because they thought it violated the Clean Air Act — though at the time, they weren’t completely sure. She also said her vehicle was just one of 40 that feds seized in various locations that same day for the same reason.

Ms. Brinkley told Fox News that she has no idea where the vehicle is now and that feds won’t tell her.
“I’m sad because I owned the car. It’s just an iconic car. I’m in disbelief … and surprised that somebody can come in and take your property,” she told Fox News. “It’s scary, it’s scary when it happens to you.”

WBTV reported that she had invested more than $60,000 in to the vehicle, which she bought online last year. WBTV also clarified that feds were seeking out imported vehicles with altered VINs that didn’t meet Environmental Protection Agency emission laws.

Ms. Brinkley said on Fox News that she had spent considerable money ensuring her vehicle would pass inspection laws and that it was in compliance with emission rules.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/1/feds-raid-sc-home-to-seize-land-rover-in-epa-emiss/#ixzz399yBMTbJ
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown   EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 am

The constitution was written to stop these over reaches. The government has tipped into a outlaw organization ignoring the law and brutalizing citizens...

Remember the old saying...when government fears the people there is liberty, when people fear the government there is tyranny.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown   EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:22 am

What happened to the 4th Amendment's prohibition of "unreasonable search & seizure"?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown   EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:37 am

The EPA would simply answer you by saying....SO WHAT, YOU DON'T LIKE IT...WHATAYA GONNA DO ABOUT ?

We now have bullies in high places...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown   EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:06 pm

I have a tendency to want to get even.  Somebody is gonna pay (as well as I).
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown   EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 6:13 pm

This is a bunch of crap!

I wish I wasn't such a beaten down pu**y. Id stand up and say something.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown   EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:13 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
The constitution was written to stop these over reaches. The government has tipped into a outlaw organization ignoring the law and brutalizing citizens...

Remember the old saying...when government fears the people there is liberty, when people fear the government there is tyranny.

You could not be more right. Had this happened to me I am afraid I would have been arrested for assaulting a federal officer.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown   EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 8:06 am

nochain wrote:
Another rogue agency

When it comes to environmental regulation compliance, the Department of Homeland Security isn’t playing — as evidenced by a recent federal raid of a South Carolinian’s home to confiscate a Land Rover that violated EPA emission rules.

Jennifer Brinkley said she saw a line of law enforcement vehicles approaching her home and wondered what was wrong, the local WBTV reported. Homeland Security agents then went to her 1985 Land Rover Defender and lifted the hood.
“They popped up the hood and looked at the Vehicle Identification Number and compared it with a piece of paper and then took the car with them,” she said, WBTV reported.

She told Fox News that she was told the agents seized the vehicle because they thought it violated the Clean Air Act — though at the time, they weren’t completely sure. She also said her vehicle was just one of 40 that feds seized in various locations that same day for the same reason.

Ms. Brinkley told Fox News that she has no idea where the vehicle is now and that feds won’t tell her.
“I’m sad because I owned the car. It’s just an iconic car. I’m in disbelief … and surprised that somebody can come in and take your property,” she told Fox News. “It’s scary, it’s scary when it happens to you.”

WBTV reported that she had invested more than $60,000 in to the vehicle, which she bought online last year. WBTV also clarified that feds were seeking out imported vehicles with altered VINs that didn’t meet Environmental Protection Agency emission laws.

Ms. Brinkley said on Fox News that she had spent considerable money ensuring her vehicle would pass inspection laws and that it was in compliance with emission rules.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/1/feds-raid-sc-home-to-seize-land-rover-in-epa-emiss/#ixzz399yBMTbJ
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Won't enforce immigration laws.... but will do this?.... Remember who's in charge...Another agency joins in the scandal ridden administration... Wonder what the cowh will say about this...well since he's said he doesn't watch the news....
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown   EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 8:58 pm

I learned to drive on a Land Rover back in 1970! I loved that vehicle. I drove it to school every chance I got. I would love to have another one just like it.

My sister, ever the society belle, refused to drive it. Go figure.

Stupid EPA....geez!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown   EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown Empty

Back to top Go down

EPA Priorties: Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
Page 1 of 1