Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nochain

nochain

Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content Empty
PostSubject: Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content   Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content EmptyMon May 12, 2014 11:27 am

I hope the administration follows through with this, ethanol additives are an expensive joke. Of course the corn growers who have gotten fat off the program are fighting the cuts. It comes down to money, influence, and politics. Somehow the average American is cut out of the decision but at least BHO is looking in the right direction. This is a long article but it shows how complex issues get when the government and special interests are involved.

How 'Big Corn' lost the ethanol battle to Philadelphia refiners

(Reuters) - Six months ago the U.S. oil industry scored a surprise win against farm groups when the Obama administration proposed slashing the amount of ethanol refiners must blend into gasoline, a move that could save them billions of dollars.

Stunned by the reversal, producers of the corn-based biofuel and their supporters are now fighting back ahead of a June deadline for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to make a final decision on the cut.

The clash has been portrayed as a battle between "Big Oil" and "Big Corn," two powerful and deep-pocketed lobbies. But a Reuters review of public records and interviews with lawmakers, lobbyists and executives reveals a more complex picture.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/12/us-oil-ethanol-lobby-idUSBREA4B01O20140512
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content   Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content EmptyMon May 12, 2014 4:00 pm

If you are using ethanol in your lawnmowers, boats, and other tools that get seasonal use, run your tanks dry.  You don't want that crap in your tanks if it sits for more than a month or so.  Ethanol has an affinity for water and after it becomes saturated with water, it will separate from the gas.  I try to get my gas from marinas and gasoline stations where ethanol-free fuels are sold.

I'm told that there is a station at "W" & Fairfield that sells ethanol-free fuel.  There is a station at the Southeast corner of Jackson & Warrington that sells ethanol-free fuel.  This is where I just filled up three containers of fuel.

Here's a pic I got off the net that purportedly shows gas/ethanol delamination.

Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content Phase-separation-in-fuel-from-ethanol-and-water
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content   Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content EmptyMon May 12, 2014 5:05 pm

nochain wrote:
I hope the administration follows through with this, ethanol additives are an expensive joke. Of course the corn growers who have gotten fat off the program are fighting the cuts. It comes down to money, influence, and politics. Somehow the average American is cut out of the decision but at least BHO is looking in the right direction. This is a long article but it shows how complex issues get when the government and special interests are involved.

How 'Big Corn' lost the ethanol battle to Philadelphia refiners

(Reuters) - Six months ago the U.S. oil industry scored a surprise win against farm groups when the Obama administration proposed slashing the amount of ethanol refiners must blend into gasoline, a move that could save them billions of dollars.

Stunned by the reversal, producers of the corn-based biofuel and their supporters are now fighting back ahead of a June deadline for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to make a final decision on the cut.

The clash has been portrayed as a battle between "Big Oil" and "Big Corn," two powerful and deep-pocketed lobbies. But a Reuters review of public records and interviews with lawmakers, lobbyists and executives reveals a more complex picture.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/12/us-oil-ethanol-lobby-idUSBREA4B01O20140512

It's played hell on my mowers & weedwacker gas lines...
Back to top Go down
Nosyarg

PostSubject: Re: Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content   Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content EmptyMon May 12, 2014 5:59 pm

There is a gas station on Scenic Highway in Pensacola, (just north of I-10), that sells gasoline without ethanol.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content   Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content EmptyTue May 13, 2014 4:39 am

Nosyarg wrote:
There is a gas station on Scenic Highway in Pensacola, (just north of I-10), that sells gasoline without ethanol.

'nochain' has mentioned a station off Olive Road (I think) that does too...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content   Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:32 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Nosyarg wrote:

'nochain' has  mentioned a station off Olive Road (I think) that does too...

Right across Olive from the entrance to the Sears warehouse. Non-ethanol is about 30-40 cents more but worth it for small engines you don't use a lot. There is another I know of on Mobile Hwy west of 8 mile creek road.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content   Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:44 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Nosyarg wrote:

'nochain' has  mentioned a station off Olive Road (I think) that does too...

Right across Olive from the entrance to the Sears warehouse. Non-ethanol is about 30-40 cents more but worth it for small engines you don't use a lot. There is another I know of on Mobile Hwy west of 8 mile creek road.

Must be the unnamed convenience store....will check that out
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content   Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:47 am

I was at that station on Olive (my buddy put new tanks in there) when there was a shootout.  One guy killed, one paralyzed and one guy high-tailed it out of there, but was caught in a day or two.

My buddy and I were sitting in his truck, warming up the ol' diesel and we both looked back when the shooting started, and I quickly put the truck in gear and we got the hell out of there.   We called 911 from the road.  We didn't get to finish our work... crime scene, y'know... until late that evening.  My dirty self was interviewed by a stunning blonde from Channel 3.  I am reminded of Jeff Foxworthy talking about people interviewed on TV... "It was pandelerium", lol.

I didn't realize that they sold ethanol-free gas.  Good to know.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content   Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content EmptyTue May 13, 2014 4:52 pm

The one at New Warrington and Jackson used thew be the Crazy Brothers Exxon until a few years ago.. They have a sign that says they sell "boat fuel" which is just ethanol free unleaded.. It is expensive though..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content   Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama Administration proposes a cut in Ethanol content
Page 1 of 1