Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!

Go down 
+3
mediawatcher
Jake92
nochain
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:05 pm

Joani's right.  It costs a boatload every time the President and/or First Lady go anywhere.

And Bush was criticized for Laura's African trips too and the trips were humanitarian.

Michelle Obama's visit China was "to support the importance of education".

Yeah, it's expensive.

You would think they could find less extravagant ways to take vacations.  Dammit!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:10 pm

Dammit Dammit.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dammit Dammit.

3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 V6UV3np
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:21 pm

The staff and secret service were given rooms at the Westin Moana, the most expensive hotel on Waikiki. The Hale Koa is an ocean front military resort a couple of blocks down the beach.......the price is minimal compared to the Moana.
One beach chair rental for 7 days at the Moana is close to $1000.

http://www.moana-surfrider.com

Don't forget the secret service and Obama and Michelle's staff are on the clock while staying in the luxurious hotel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:37 pm

I once paid a thousand dollars for a beach chair but it came with a hotel room that included a mini fridge and a curly hair in the tub.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 10:23 pm

If I paid a $1000 for a beach chair rental......it would have included air fare and delivered to my house with the rest of the set.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 10:29 pm

Marym wrote:
I once paid a thousand dollars for a beach chair but it came with a hotel room that included a mini fridge and a curly hair in the tub.

lol
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 11:12 pm

changed mind

Last edited by koolkat on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 4:47 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
The staff and secret service were given rooms at the Westin Moana, the most expensive hotel on Waikiki. The Hale Koa is an ocean front military resort a couple of blocks down the beach.......the price is minimal compared to the Moana.
One beach chair rental for 7 days at the Moana is close to $1000.

http://www.moana-surfrider.com

Don't forget the secret service and Obama and Michelle's staff are on the clock while staying in the luxurious hotel.

Any place on Waikki will be overpriced... And that's not even taking into consideration the traffic mess...Remember when Bush 41 came for a ceremony at Pearl Harbor you could just about forget moving around the island for hours...Although those were the days when there was only the H1 & H2....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 am

koolkat wrote:
changed mind

Darn. And I was hoping for a well-considered response to the Malaysia post....

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:06 am

nochain wrote:
koolkat wrote:
changed mind

It is perfectly fine to change your mind.  If you don't want the post up there at all, KoolKat, there is a delete option (an X) on the upper right.

I tend to send a post, then quickly edit and post it several more times before I am happy with it.   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 29
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:25 am

Eric wrote:
nochain wrote:
koolkat wrote:
changed mind

It is perfectly fine to change your mind.  If you don't want the post up there at all, KoolKat, there is a delete option (an X) on the upper right.

I tend to send a post, then quickly edit and post it several more times before I am happy with it.   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 29

My fingers get ahead of my brain many times - I can see an error as soon as it posts though! A lot of times I just leave it since we are fortunate not to have language police pointing out errors.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:42 am

nochain wrote:
Eric wrote:
nochain wrote:
koolkat wrote:
changed mind

My fingers get ahead of my brain many times - I can see an error as soon as it posts though! A lot of times I just leave it since we are fortunate not to have language police pointing out errors.

Nochain, did you see that I first edited YOUR post? As an administrator, I have an edit button for every post, and I inadvertently hit that instead of the "Quote" button. I usually only see my screw up when I have sent the post and see that I added text to someone else's post. (I quickly fixed it... this time.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 5:27 pm

Eric wrote:
nochain wrote:
Eric wrote:
nochain wrote:
koolkat wrote:
changed mind

Nochain, did you see that I first edited YOUR post?  As an administrator, I have an edit button for every post, and I inadvertently hit that instead of the "Quote" button.  I usually only see my screw up when I have sent the post and see that I added text to someone else's post.  (I quickly fixed it... this time.)  

Eric, this edit function is good to know. Hope I don't keep you too busy with my poor grammar. rabbit 
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 7:45 pm

The President should be able to go to any place he wants for a vacation w/o criticism.He pays for his vacations. All Presidents staff and security is paid by the taxpayers no matter where they go, so to say this President wastes taxpayers money compared to the vacation days Bush took is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 7:57 pm

koolkat wrote:
The President should be able to go to any place he wants for a vacation w/o criticism.He pays for his vacations. All Presidents staff and security is paid by the taxpayers no matter where they go, so to say this President wastes taxpayers money compared to the vacation days Bush took is ridiculous.

What does he actually pay for?
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 8:52 pm

The President pays for all his own personal expenses such as food, lodging,etc. He has to pay for travel at the cost of an airline ticket for each person. The taxpayers pay for secret service and staff accommodations.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 9:19 pm

Don't forget the big ticket items: the taxpayers pay for the operating costs of Air Force One, HMX-1, as well as the cargo plane that transports it and the presidential limo/s, etc.

It costs about $230,000/hour to operate AF1, so all those long flights to China and Hawaii really hurt.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:01 pm

riceme wrote:
Don't forget the big ticket items: the taxpayers pay for the operating costs of Air Force One, HMX-1, as well as the cargo plane that transports it and the presidential limo/s, etc.

It costs about $230,000/hour to operate AF1, so all those long flights to China and Hawaii really hurt.

At http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/14/cost-obamas-trip-dwarfed-george-laura-bushs-year-africa-spending-spree.html

... Cost estimates for presidential trips out of the country could hit taxpayers $60-100 million.  Surprisingly, the GAO "lost" the tallies of the Bush's Africa trips, but somehow (quite remarkably  Razz ) the 60-100 million dollar estimates keep popping up as if somebody knows the actual costs.
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:10 pm

I think the average amount is about $182,000 per hour but it may vary depending on where he is going.

"When Air Force One is used for political purposes, the president often reimburses the government for the cost of food, lodging and travel. The president or his election campaign pays back an amount that is "equivalent of the airfare that they would have paid had they used a commercial airline," according to the Congressional Research Service.

According to The Associated Press, though, the president or his campaign does not pay for the entire Air Force One operation cost. They pays an amount that is based on the number of people board the airplane. Taxpayers still pick up the cost of Secret Service agents and the operation of Air Force One."
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 4:59 am

koolkat wrote:

"The President should be able to go any place he wants for a vacation w/o criticism"

"so to say this [cowh] title wastes taxpayers money compared to the vacation days Bush took is ridiculous"

[b]"W/O CRITICISM"????[b]

Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 am

nochain wrote:
koolkat wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmpAVOvMf94

Not too informed are ya'll?

That nut case (Boyle) has traveled the world trying to find a country to charge Bush and others – and FAILED. The best he could do is convince some artificial tribunal in Malaysia with no international or even national legal authority to hold a kangaroo court to say they were guilty in absentia.

Get all your news from you tube??

BTW, even Obama told Spain no no no when the nutcase Boyle approached that country.

Not very informed are you?

Too funny.

Bumpety Bumpety!
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 7:45 am

[quote="nochain"]
nochain wrote:
koolkat wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmpAVOvMf94

Not too informed are ya'll?

That nut case (Boyle) has traveled the world trying to find a country to charge Bush and others – and FAILED. The best he could do is convince some artificial tribunal in Malaysia with no international or even national legal authority to hold a kangaroo court to say they were guilty in absentia.

Get all your news from you tube??

BTW, even Obama told Spain no no no when the nutcase Boyle approached that country.

Not very informed are you?

Too funny.

Further didn't this 'nutcase' begin to try the same thing against this cowh?.... Can't remember if it was him or another.... That too failed as is should have...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 8:21 am

That's right w/o all this hypocritical criticism. Where's your outrage over Bush's vacations? He took AF1 too for a lot more days that Obama did.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 8:26 am

dreamsglore wrote:
That's right w/o all this hypocritical criticism. Where's your outrage over Bush's vacations? He took AF1 too for a lot more days that Obama did.

Once again you may want to check the facts about the costs and vacation times.... Lastly, I've never complained about the vacations the cowh has taken... matter of fact wish he'd take MORE...Heck take Harry, Nancy and some others with him...

My post simply pointed out that a poster said there should be no criticism about the cowh or ANY President and then complained about President Bush....sad when things have to be explained...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!   3 Million Dollar Golf Trips! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

3 Million Dollar Golf Trips!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next