Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How many post should I be limited to per day?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

How many post should I be limited to per day? Empty
PostSubject: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:36 am

Do I post too many topics?

Do I post too much?

I often see just me at the end of threads and I hate it.

with reference to here, the tree is getting roots.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:15 am

*Tree*~ wrote:
Do I post too many topics?

Do I post too much?

I often see just me at the end of threads and I hate it.

with reference to here, the tree is getting roots.

Post as much as your little heart desires, no limit.
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:34 am

ok. thanks.

I can only offer topics, if other people choose not to join in conversation the topics become pointless.

I will be posting all my topics here as my topics are not appreciated at the other place. Hell, they may not even be appreciated here.

But at least I try to open dialog and thats all I can do.

Smile
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:00 am

Would you post at least six impossible things before breakfast each day?

Sometimes, chrissy, you only post two or three during the whole day. That is just not enough.

The White Queen, aside from telling Alice things that she finds difficult to believe (one being that she is just over 101 years old) says that in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast" and counsels Alice to practice the same skill.

Last edited by yelladawg on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 am

Can you define impossible for me?

and I'll try Smile
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:05 am

*Tree*~ wrote:

and I'll try Smile

Oops! I forgot the LOL bounce
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:21 am

I found this thought provoking tidbit.

Everything must exist for us to be able to remotely comprehend it. if this is so, is anything impossible? if we can comprehend it, it must therefore exist somewhere, possiblly in a quantum created parallel world granted, but therefore it still must be possible.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:41 am

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools."

~ Napoleon Bonaparte ~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:24 pm

Thats a very interesting concept both of you have offered.

Many years ago, even melinium most of the stuff we do or have today would have been considered impossible.

When I look at things, I dont just look at it, go oh, thats impossible and be done with any thought of it.

There are so many things that I dont know and if I come across a subject that I dont know, even if it seems impossible I find that I learn something from it by entertaining the idea of it, even if it turns out to be a bunch of complete bullshit.

Kimpossible Wink
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 6:10 pm

Chrissy, you don't post too much. There are times when I get to posting and see my name as the last poster on a thread, for the 5 most recent threads and I feel guilty... for a while.

But I get over it.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:40 pm

*Tree*~ wrote:

and I'll try Smile

Impossibilities are grouped into 4 categories, Statistical Impossibility, Physical Impossibility, Absolute/Logical/Mathematical Impossibility and Paradoxical Impossibility.

Which one would you like to discuss?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Admin wrote:
*Tree*~ wrote:

and I'll try Smile

Impossibilities are grouped into 4 categories, Statistical Impossibility, Physical Impossibility, Absolute/Logical/Mathematical Impossibility and Paradoxical Impossibility.

Which one would you like to discuss?

wouldnt Absolute/logical/mathamatical Impossibility trump all the other impossibilities? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:50 pm

What's the square root of -1?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:55 pm

*Tree*~ wrote:

wouldnt Absolute/logical/mathamatical Impossibility trump all the other impossibilities? Laughing

In most case yes, but take this for example; Is it impossible for humans to instantly teleport to another part of world? In all practical terms, yes -- these are examples of physical impossibilities. But this does not mean that some day, no matter how improbable, the laws we know will be better understood to make these things possible.

And some examples of logical impossibilities that by definition are impossible. Can it ever be colder than 0 Kelvin, or absolute zero? No, it is an absolute impossibility. Can 1+1 ever equal 3? No. It is a mathematical impossibility. These are things that are not based on probability, nor dependent on our understanding of the laws of nature. These are unchanging impossibilities.

With the exception of absolutes the others are concepts in our mind that may one day be possible.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:03 pm

EricEricson wrote:
What's the square root of -1?

[img]How many post should I be limited to per day? The_be11[/img]

i
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Admin wrote:
*Tree*~ wrote:

In most case yes, but take this for example; Is it impossible for humans to instantly teleport to another part of world? In all practical terms, yes -- these are examples of physical impossibilities. But this does not mean that some day, no matter how improbable, the laws we know will be better understood to make these things possible.

And some examples of logical impossibilities that by definition are impossible. Can it ever be colder than 0 Kelvin, or absolute zero? No, it is an absolute impossibility. Can 1+1 ever equal 3? No. It is a mathematical impossibility. These are things that are not based on probability, nor dependent on our understanding of the laws of nature. These are unchanging impossibilities.

With the exception of absolutes the others are concepts in our mind that may one day be possible.

interesting. you got me to lookin... I never thought about that.

Absolute Zero

It is impossible to know what absolute zero would feel like. The coldest natural temperature that has ever been experienced on Earth was -89 degrees Celsius or 184 kelvins (temperature taken at Vostok in Antarctica in 1983). Even in deepest space the coldest atoms have a temperature a few degrees above absolute zero. This slight temperature is due to background radiation left over from the Big Bang itself and so it is almost inconceivable that anyway in space actually lies at absolute zero.

If a substance is cooled enough it will become so cold that its atoms stop moving completely. This hypothetical point is called absolute zero.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Absolute zero is also precisely equivalent to; 0 degrees R on the Rankine scale (also a thermodynamic temperature scale); and –459.67 degrees F on the Fahrenheit scale. While scientists can not fully achieve a state of “zero” heat energy in a substance, they have made great advancements in achieving temperatures ever closer to absolute zero (where matter exhibits odd quantum effects).

In 1994, the NIST achieved a record cold temperature of 700 nK (billionths of a kelvin).

In 2003, researchers at MIT eclipsed this with a new record of 450 pK (0.45 nK).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:54 am

since absolute zero is simply the taking away of all heat to the point that the atoms no longer move at all.

what would happen I wonder if all heat was removed to a point that not only did the atoms stop moving, but they broke down? hmmmm

there are no rules when thinking about the impossible.

There is simply only imagining where to go with it.

Its possible that with these things we think are impossible what really it is that we just havnt figured it out yet. Like with many other once thought impossibilities.
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:53 am

it is possibly impossible to consider impossibility without a positive possibility that it is possible.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:14 am

*Tree*~ wrote:
since absolute zero is simply the taking away of all heat to the point that the atoms no longer move at all.

what would happen I wonder if all heat was removed to a point that not only did the atoms stop moving, but they broke down?

I don't understand why something cold would be expected to break down. Is that a current theory?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:02 pm

EricEricson wrote:
*Tree*~ wrote:

what would happen I wonder if all heat was removed to a point that not only did the atoms stop moving, but they broke down?

I don't understand why something cold would be expected to break down. Is that a current theory?

well He got me to looking into absolute zero. and it turns out at absolute zero the atoms stop moving, thats essetially what makes it absolute zero, because all the heat has been removed and atoms move with heat.

but a atom can break down into protons and neutrons, then I got to looking into that and got educated on Cold Fusion which might be a new source of energy, kinda of like nuclear, but cold.

either way, stuff was learned and time was spent well Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:34 pm

*Tree*~ wrote:
I got to looking into that and got educated on Cold Fusion which might be a new source of energy, kinda of like nuclear, but cold.

I was hoping that Italian cold fusion would pan out, but the guy (Rossi) is so secretive, it appears to be a hoax.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:18 pm

EricEricson wrote:
*Tree*~ wrote:
I got to looking into that and got educated on Cold Fusion which might be a new source of energy, kinda of like nuclear, but cold.

I was hoping that Italian cold fusion would pan out, but the guy (Rossi) is so secretive, it appears to be a hoax.

well many scientist tried to put him down. He may be like that guy who Nicola Telsa who had some pretty wild ideas about creative energy. I think the cold fusion guy just died btw.

lets look at telsa though. Im thought hopping Razz

The true inventor of radio, fluorescent light, and the man who gave the world the electric grid, Nikola Tesla is hardly remembered because he kept selling his patents to Westinghouse, Edison and J.P. Morgan to raise money for his research on wireless power, the aether and gravity control. Whether he ever actually built and flew a craft capable of gravity control is conjecture.

He built the world's largest Tesla coil and used the entire earth as a conductor and he said if he could put a wire around the entire planet Earth he could make it move like a giant space ship. Gravity control on a large scale would allow us to skirt incoming planet killer asteroids Tesla never got credit for first inventing radio until it was proven that his patents pre-dated Marconi's.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

*Tree*~ wrote:
EricEricson wrote:
*Tree*~ wrote:

well many scientist tried to put him down. He may be like that guy who Nicola Telsa who had some pretty wild ideas about creative energy. I think the cold fusion guy just died btw.

lets look at telsa though. Im thought hopping Razz

The true inventor of radio, fluorescent light, and the man who gave the world the electric grid, Nikola Tesla is hardly remembered because he kept selling his patents to Westinghouse, Edison and J.P. Morgan to raise money for his research on wireless power, the aether and gravity control. Whether he ever actually built and flew a craft capable of gravity control is conjecture.

He built the world's largest Tesla coil and used the entire earth as a conductor and he said if he could put a wire around the entire planet Earth he could make it move like a giant space ship. Gravity control on a large scale would allow us to skirt incoming planet killer asteroids Tesla never got credit for first inventing radio until it was proven that his patents pre-dated Marconi's.

Most if not all of Edison's ideas came from Tesla.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:43 pm

EricEricson wrote:
*Tree*~ wrote:

I missed this earlier, dang now im criss cross posting lol

why not. in cold fussion they must be breaking it dowm, thtatshow they get the energy from the electrons and protrons. it basically is the same thing as thermo nuclear reaction but cold fussion would be cold and the release of the neutrons and protrons creates the energy the same way as therno nuclear fussion

i got to go to bed, lets ponder on this some more can we?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many post should I be limited to per day?   How many post should I be limited to per day? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many post should I be limited to per day?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next