Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gonna be COLD Tuesday...

Go down 
+6
Joanimaroni
SheSurfs
mediawatcher
Jake92
Melissa
Eric
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Jake92 wrote:
You should stay home and off of the roads too Eric..

I'm not going anywhere, man. The wood stove is a-pumpin' and the chicken soup is ready.

The snow won't melt for a couple of days. I might not go out tomorrow either.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 5:25 pm

I had a few little icicles on my mailbox and the power cord going to the motor home.. Other than that, nothing but cold rain/sleet..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 6:04 pm

We have a weather god named James Spann up here.  When tornadoes are in the area, he talks non-stop and everybody tunes to the station that he is on because he is so passionate.

He parked his car in the gridlock this morning and walked a mile or so to get to the station, lol.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:03 am

Traffic is better today in Birmingham, but all of the abandoned vehicles are now clogging the roadways.  For instance, Interstate 65 is not passable.

The PNJ is painting a bleak picture for Pensacola.  All the bridges are either closed or having problems.

I checked my P'cola house temp online and it appears my power didn't go down... whew!  Until I knew for sure, I imagined burst pipes in the house creating a mess.

Hunker down Pensacola.  With all that ice everywhere, it isn't worth it to try to go somewhere.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:26 am

Eric wrote:
Traffic is better today in Birmingham, but all of the abandoned vehicles are now clogging the roadways.  For instance, Interstate 65 is not passable.

The PNJ is painting a bleak picture for Pensacola.  All the bridges are either closed or having problems.

I checked my P'cola house temp online and it appears my power didn't go down... whew!  Until I knew for sure, I imagined burst pipes in the house creating a mess.

Hunker down Pensacola.  With all that ice everywhere, it isn't worth it to try to go somewhere.

It's pretty nasty here, I made it to the office (the only one who did!) but only live a mile away. Very little traffic - roads are pretty slick. Luckily I used to live up north so I have driven a lot in snow and ice but you still have to watch out for the ones who don't have a clue. This will probably be a short day for me.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:36 am

Everything is OK at my house.. :-) I'll just sit around until it warms up and do outside things tomorrow and Friday..
Back to top Go down
Vettecor

Vettecor

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:54 am

My front and back yard have a pretty decent amount of snow today. Trees are covered with ice and my mailbox is frozen shut.

That's OK though I didn't want to pay the bill anyway.

Supposed to have garbage pickup today but haven't seen any of the trucks yet. Usually we have 2 trucks here by 9:30 a.m.

I let the cats out for about 10 minutes and it was so funny watching them walk, play, and lick the snow.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:00 am

I haven't had 1 car go past the house yet..  LOL

I wish Joni, Cool, and the others would let us know they are OK..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:49 am

At the mountain that I live on, I-65 is a parking lot. The temp won't get above freezing today, the only snow dissipation will be due to sublimation (going from frozen to vapor without melting).

Christine will probably spend ANOTHER night at her office in Birmingham. (She's NOT a happy camper.)
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Somebody posted some pics from Birmingham on Imgur.

https://imgur.com/gallery/woBtl
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm glad Christine stayed at the office even if she's not happy about it. As you say, it's the smart thing to do. Unrelated to weather, but I was just telling a coworker this morning that I've slept at the office many times. He thought I was nuts, but it worked for me at the time. Better than driving up into the mountains when you're dead tired, at any rate. They say that driving while you're tired can be more dangerous than driving while intoxicated. 

We had a similar situation with the roads up here about a week ago, but the inverse. The temperature rose above freezing and it began to rain (yeah, weird, I know) but the road surface was still frozen, so as soon as the rain hit the road it froze and it made the roads precicely like an ice skating rink. LOTS of accidents.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:10 pm

She found a route that was open and made it home for the night.  Some of her coworkers tested out the route and said it was okay.  She had to drive about 5 miles out of the way, but got home safely.

I took the garbage out to the can outside and busted my butt on the ice, lol. (sorry, no pics of that)

Our bird feeder was popular yesterday.

Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 Feeder10
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 2:32 pm

Jake92 wrote:
I haven't had 1 car go past the house yet..  LOL

I wish Joni, Cool, and the others would let us know they are OK..

We have had a great time. Spent all day Wednesday sledding on the Golf Course with two of my kids, 5 grandchildren and semi adopted daughter. Took a break for a Waffle House brunch then on to the clubhouse at Tiger Point for steeper hills.
Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 17247011

The long walk back up to do it again.

Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 16236712
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 3:52 pm

OMG, Joani... you all sledded on sawdust?? I've never heard of such a thing... how cool!
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Ricey, It's just ice covered lawn.. I-10 was closed from the AL/FL border to Tallahhassee.. I heard it was closed all the way to mobile.. An hr ago, the entrances were still blocked off by police cars.. I still have ice on my lawn in some areas..
News just said I-10 is open to a few cars at a time because there is still ice in the shaded areas and the bridge to Gulf Breeze just opened..
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 5:08 pm

The green's were completely frozen over with a hick layer of ice.

This one shows it better....my 7 year old grandson is on the surfboard.

Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 10023111
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:23 pm

LOL, have I forgotten what a lawn looks like?? It has been a while since I've seen one, haha. Maybe it would help if I put my glasses back on 8-)
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 4:27 pm

It's snowing a little bit in Hoover. We're getting ready to head on down to P'cola.

I hope the weather doesn't get too icy.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 4:37 pm

Lets get together someplace for lunch tomorrow!!!! Pick the place..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 10:27 pm

Jake92 wrote:
Lets get together someplace for lunch tomorrow!!!!  Pick the place..

How about Garrett's Grill on Michigan? They keep changing the name. It might just be the Grill.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 11:31 pm

Sounds good to me. I have to be at mom's house sometime tomorrow but have no idea when yet.. A friend from Mobile is coming to get mom's old kitchen cabinets for his garage/workshop..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 9:24 am

So, How is your schedule looking, Jake?
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 9:28 am

No word yet Eric..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Jake, it is noon and I have things I need to do here. Let's reschedule. Tomorrow maybe?
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 2:34 pm

I just got home.. Tomorrow is fine.. I sent you e-mail with my cell # before I left for the house.. Yes, I can text.. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be COLD Tuesday...   Gonna be COLD Tuesday... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gonna be COLD Tuesday...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next