Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting Empty
PostSubject: State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting   State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 8:17 pm

How much y'all want to bet that it is determined that it is okay to shoot at an unarmed man 15 times in his own driveway?

Those LEO types are as thick as molasses on a winter night.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting   State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 8:10 am

Eric wrote:
How much y'all want to bet that it is determined that it is okay to shoot at an unarmed man 15 times in his own driveway?

Those LEO types are as thick as molasses on a winter night.
Don't think that it will be ruled 'okay' to do so that's making it a little simplistic without taking into consideration the facts of the situation that we are not aware of....This was a crime in progress call...witness on the phone to 911 telling the operator that the person was in the vehicle looking to hotwire the vehicle...This is what the officers were dispatched to at the time...It's easy to make a determination after the fact that this was the son of the owner of the vehicle looking for something inside the vehicle but once again....that was after the fact....can't believe for one second that this would have occurred had the responding officers known this information...From the point of initial contact we don't know that facts and actions taken that may have lead to the final outcome that's what the investigation has to conclude...Yes..he was unarmed and we know this after the fact...but we don't know the circumstances as presented when first contact was made...It's easy to make a comment that 'LEO types are thick as molasses on a winter night'...and it's easy to be critical and condemn....that is until you need them and then those 'thick as molasses' types are a welcome sight....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting   State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:09 am

The only time I needed them, they NEVER came when they were called.  There were three of us and a whole gang (3-4 cars worth) of drunks wanting to fight.  Cops never came.  Assholes.

The last time I had the "Pleasure" to talk to a LEO, he was lying about how fast I was going... by 7 mph.  I could have lost my license.

Another time, a LEO searched my apartment and found a little bit of pot and lied and said it was "in plain view".  This cost me over $1,000 plus bail.  (There was a fire in the apartment next door and they entered through my bedroom window to put out the fire.  I had a False Aurelia plant that he thought was pot, so he proceeded to tear my apartment apart searching for stuff that was "in plain view".  That was almost 40 years ago.)

I have no respect for LEOs.  You have to earn respect and the only thing LEOs have earned is disrespect and distrust from me.

In this situation, blasting 17 shots at an unarmed man with the man never firing back is inconceivable.  Sorry, they're Morgan's cowboys to me.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting   State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am

My husband had a great idea yesterday in reference to this.

He suggested everyone in the county start calling LEO (PPD or ECSO) at their general numbers whenever we plan to wander outside after dark to get the last bit of groceries out of the car, check the mail or anything else that requires a person to be outside on his or her own property after dark.

A call would go like this: "Sir, this is (such and such at whatever address). I will be going out to put an outbound letter in my mailbox. I would prefer not to be shot, so I am just letting you know. Please advise your officers of my intended action. Thank you."

Everyone calls. Every time. For at least a week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting   State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 8:48 am

I LOVE it!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting   State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:14 am

It's what my husband calls "raising awareness." Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting   State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:14 am

Melissa (PB) wrote:
It's what my husband calls "raising awareness."  Twisted Evil 
Makes about as much sense as listening to Bernie Sanders....
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting   State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 1:17 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Melissa (PB) wrote:
It's what my husband calls "raising awareness."  Twisted Evil 
   Makes about as much sense as listening to Bernie Sanders....
Hubby doesn't listen to Bernie Sanders. Hubby is a conservative Republican.

Opposites do attract! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting   State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting Empty

Back to top Go down

State's Atty. reviews Middleton Shooting
Page 1 of 1