Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff Empty
PostSubject: Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff   Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:14 pm

From NorthEscambia.com:http://www.northescambia.com/2013/04/shooting-lawsuit-filed-against-sheriff-deputies

As usual, the deputies were cleared of any wrongdoing.

Yeah, right! Like shooting a hostage in the neck when the perp has his gun at his side... not pointed at anybody... and shooting through a wall at a suspect when the hostage is in the room... DAMMIT... they shot HER 5 times.

HOWINHELL can the State's Attorney/FDLE turn their back on this shit?

Quote :

April 16, 2013

A woman shot five times by Escambia County deputies has filed suit against Sheriff David Morgan and four deputies.

Jackie Rosenbloom was taken hostage by Philip Monier, a former boyfriend, in her home in 2010. He used her as a shield when deputies opened fire; she was hit five times in the neck and legs. Monier was not seriously injured, shot only in the hand.

And now Rosenbloom is suing in federal court, claiming excessive force was used and that Morgan failed to provide proper training.

Three deputies were also shot in the incident, including Jeremy Cassady who was critically injured.

The State Attorney’s Office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement was determined to be justified after a lengthy investigation. The Sheriff’s Office is not commenting on the pending litigation.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff   Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:22 pm

According to the comments following the article, some people were upset that the woman is suing the Sheriff... they don't want to have to foot the bill.

I don't blame them... I don't either. But it appears to me that if the frigging deputies weren't so trigger-happy, the woman wouldn't have been hurt. The lawsuit probably would not have happened if the deputies were disciplined, but that's just a guess on my part.

Yeah, I'm shooting from the hip on this one... don't have all the facts. But it still pisses me off that deputies get away with this shit.

Remember the two ladies' SUV that got shot up (driving a blue Toyota Tacoma) in California when they were looking for Dorner, who was driving a gray Nissan Titan?

Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff 6a00d8341c630a53ef017ee85cb1e4970d-640wi
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff   Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:30 pm

Eric, Cassady was told on radio prior to the arrival of the on scene supervisor to retreat to the outside of the house and await the negotiator. When the supervisor arrived Cassady was still in the house along with 2 other deputies and again told Cassady to retreat outside. The supervisor had to go outside to calm his K-9. After he left Cassady was heard by the other 2 deputies that he must make it a head shot. He fired and hit the victim in the neck. During the exchange of gunfire, Ms Rosenbloom was struck 5 times while Monier was only struck one in the hand with a non life threatening wound.

Cassady is nothing more that a trigger happy cowboy and wants to use his kind of justice to quell an issue. Had he waited for the negotiator, it is my opinion that this issue could have been settled without a shot ever having been fired.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff   Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:38 pm

I bet those people who "don't want to foot the bill" would feel a helluva lot differently about the matter if it was them or someone they loved who'd been shot five times by this trigger-happy thug. Shame on them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff   Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff Empty

Back to top Go down

Shooting Lawsuit Filed Against Sheriff
Page 1 of 1