Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our changing world

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Our changing world Empty
PostSubject: Our changing world   Our changing world EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6-3X5hIFXYU

Hope I did that right. Interesting bit of info.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Our changing world Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our changing world   Our changing world EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Wow!!! Great Post thanks
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Our changing world Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our changing world   Our changing world EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:08 am

I read this today and thought it was appropriate for this thread.

American taxpayers are paying for a "war on Christianity" at home and abroad, Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul said during a speech at a conservative conference Thursday.
"There is a war on Christianity," Paul told an audience of mostly evangelical Christians and Jews during a luncheon at the annual Faith and Freedom Conference in Washington. "Not just from liberal elites here at home, but worldwide. And your government, or more correctly, you, the taxpayer, are funding it. You are being taxed to send money to countries that are not only intolerant of Christians, but openly hostile. Christians are imprisoned and threatened with death for their beliefs."
Paul, who has said he's considering running for president in 2016, was referring to U.S. financial aid to foreign countries where Christian persecution occurs.
Paul has long called for an end to foreign aid to particularly Muslim-majority countries Egypt, Pakistan and Libya, but he does not always frame his opposition in terms of faith. Last year, he introduced a bill to the Senate that would cut off aid to those countries.
"In Egypt, in Pakistan, they burn our flag—I say not one penny more to countries that burn the American flag," Paul said. "While they burn the American flag and the mobs chant 'Death to America,' more of your money is sent to these haters of Christianity."
He added: "It is clear that American taxpayer dollars are being used to enable a war on Christianity in the Middle East, and I believe that must end."
The conference where Paul spoke Thursday is organized by former Christian Coalition Executive Director Ralph Reed, and it regularly hosts Republican politicians seeking the party's nomination for the presidency. The venue provides the potential candidates an opportunity to reach the Christian conservative base of the party.

Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

Our changing world Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our changing world   Our changing world EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:22 am

OK, Catholics, you need to get busy!  What is going on in Spain and Italy with such low birth rates?  They are evidently not listening to the Church any more than American Catholics are, when it comes to birth control. 
I notice the video didn't mention Asia.  Indonesia has a high Muslim population.  But then there are China and India.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Our changing world Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our changing world   Our changing world EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:26 am

The times, they are a changin' - Dylan

In this modern society, we don't need to have a dozen kids to help out with the farm anymore. 

We had our two, which appears to beat the norm.  No grandkids, yet...
Back to top Go down

Our changing world Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our changing world   Our changing world EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:40 am

Yep, we had our two, too.  Enough for us, anyway!
And I have to wonder if the younger generation of Muslims now growing up in western countries will be having 8+ kids 20 years from now?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Our changing world Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our changing world   Our changing world EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:25 am

I had that thought too.

I took a course at UWF called Geography: Food and Population.  There were guest speakers occasionally.  They spent a day with black guest speakers that said overpopulation was a white thing and, as long as they were a minority, they were going to have as many children as possible.
Back to top Go down

Our changing world Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our changing world   Our changing world EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:56 am

...Bob brought that up on that other forum not long ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our changing world Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our changing world   Our changing world Empty

Back to top Go down

Our changing world
Page 1 of 1