Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Safe & painless method to remove ticks... from a nurse

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

Safe & painless method to remove ticks... from a nurse Empty
PostSubject: Safe & painless method to remove ticks... from a nurse   Safe & painless method to remove ticks... from a nurse EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:27 pm

A nurse discovered a safe, easy way to remove ticks where they automatically withdraw themselves when you follow her
simple instructions. Read this one as it could save you from some major problems.

Spring is here and the ticks will soon be showing their heads. Here is a good way to get them off you, your children,
or your pets. Give it a try.

A School Nurse has written the info below--good enough to share--and it really works!

"I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the best way to remove a tick. This is great because it works in those places where it's sometimes difficult to get to with tweezers: between toes, in the middle of a head full of dark hair, etc."

"Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20); the tick will come out on its own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away.

This technique has worked every time I've used it (and that was frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me."

Also, if you just pull a tick off, their heads sometimes break off and are left under the skin so this is much safer. Be aware
also that a tick with a white speck on its back is a Deer Tick, these can cause Tick Fever so check yourself and your family good if you see any of these!

"Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be damaging in any way.

Please pass on. Everyone needs this helpful hint.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Safe & painless method to remove ticks... from a nurse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe & painless method to remove ticks... from a nurse   Safe & painless method to remove ticks... from a nurse EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:59 am

Ooooo! I hate ticks.

All I can think about is "Am I going to get Lyme Disease"

Here is a pic of a Lyme Disease rash
Safe & painless method to remove ticks... from a nurse R7_lymerash

Quote :
Early signs and symptoms
These signs and symptoms may occur within a month after you've been infected:

Rash. A small, red bump may appear at the site of the tick bite. This small bump is normal after a tick bite and doesn't indicate Lyme disease. However, over the next few days, the redness may expand forming a rash in a bull's-eye pattern, with a red outer ring surrounding a clear area. The rash, called erythema migrans, is one of the hallmarks of Lyme disease. Some people develop this rash at more than one place on their bodies.
Flu-like symptoms. Fever, chills, fatigue, body aches and a headache may accompany the rash.

Later signs and symptoms
In some people, the rash may spread to other parts of the body and, several weeks to months after you've been infected, you may experience:

Joint pain. You may develop bouts of severe joint pain and swelling. Your knees are especially likely to be affected, but the pain can shift from one joint to another.
Neurological problems. Weeks, months or even years after you were infected, you may experience inflammation of the membranes surrounding your brain (meningitis), temporary paralysis of one side of your face (Bell's palsy), numbness or weakness in your limbs, and impaired muscle movement.

Less common signs and symptoms
Several weeks after infection, some people develop:

Heart problems, such as an irregular heartbeat. Heart problems rarely last more than a few days or weeks.
Eye inflammation.
Liver inflammation (hepatitis).
Severe fatigue.

When to see a doctor
If you've been bitten by a tick and experience symptoms
Only a minority of deer tick bites leads to Lyme disease. The longer the tick remains attached to your skin, the greater your risk of getting the disease. If you think you've been bitten and experience signs and symptoms of Lyme disease — particularly if you live in an area where Lyme disease is prevalent — contact your doctor immediately. Treatment for Lyme disease is most effective if begun early.

See your doctor even if symptoms disappear
It's important to consult your doctor even if signs and symptoms disappear because the absence of symptoms doesn't mean the disease is gone. Left untreated, Lyme disease can spread to other parts of your body from several months to years after infection — causing arthritis and nervous system problems. Ticks also can transmit other illnesses, such as babesiosis and Colorado tick fever.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

Safe & painless method to remove ticks... from a nurse
Page 1 of 1