Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heavy Heart Right Now

Go down 
+3
Jake92
Eric
Ghost Rider
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

Heavy Heart Right Now Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Heart Right Now   Heavy Heart Right Now EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 6:57 pm

I do not know how many of you heard on the news last night regarding the bicyclist that was struck and killed in Cantonment yesterday. The person that was killed is a close friend of mine. I met him when I first moved to Pensacola and he basically took me under his wing and we became like brothers. He leaves behind a wife and 2 sons, one whom is a Captain in the USMC stationed in CA.

I am not a praying individual, but I know that some of you here are and I request that you keeps this family in your thought and prayers.

Thanks to all.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Heart Right Now   Heavy Heart Right Now EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Will do, GR. My condolences. Heavy Heart Right Now 12

When I read the article earlier today, it sounded like a clear case of negligence on the case of the pickup driver... hit the bicyclist on the paved shoulder.

It could be me, or Hallmarkgrad, or Jake... since we occasionally ride on busy streets, but avoid them like the plague. Sometimes, you just gotta take to the road to get where you are going though.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Heart Right Now   Heavy Heart Right Now EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:17 pm

I'm praying for him and his family and friends..

I have stayed off of the major roads and have riden my bike in Navy Point and Bay Meadows.. I haven't taken it on Gulf Beach Hwy and have no plans to get out in the traffic..

Last edited by Jake92 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Heart Right Now   Heavy Heart Right Now EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 1:31 am

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
I do not know how many of you heard on the news last night regarding the bicyclist that was struck and killed in Cantonment yesterday. The person that was killed is a close friend of mine. I met him when I first moved to Pensacola and he basically took me under his wing and we became like brothers. He leaves behind a wife and 2 sons, one whom is a Captain in the USMC stationed in CA.

I am not a praying individual, but I know that some of you here are and I request that you keeps this family in your thought and prayers.

Thanks to all.

GR, I am so sorry for his family and friends' loss... yourself included, of course.

While like you, I am not a praying individual, I do often go up over a nearby mountain top before sunset to find "my" herd of elk, watch the sunset, and do what I very loosely refer to as "talking to god." The next time I go up, which should be tomorrow (Sunday) or the next day -- I will send up good thoughts for his family and friends.

Again, I am so sorry for you all's loss... so very tragic and preventable.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Heart Right Now   Heavy Heart Right Now EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 5:57 pm

I'm so sorry, GR.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Heart Right Now   Heavy Heart Right Now EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Very sorry for your loss.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Heart Right Now   Heavy Heart Right Now EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 7:49 pm

I'm so sorry, Ghost.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Heart Right Now   Heavy Heart Right Now EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:35 pm

GR, I am most sorry, with good thoughts and hopes for his family. What a tragic loss to you. Peace and strong abiding memories to you all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Heart Right Now   Heavy Heart Right Now Empty

Back to top Go down

Heavy Heart Right Now
Page 1 of 1