Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? Empty
PostSubject: Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?   Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 12:10 pm

http://www.northescambia.com/2013/11/work-begins-monday-to-six-lane-i-10-from-davis-to-scenic

Just when we get comfortable with no barrels on I-110... like a bad dream, here they come again.

Construction will begin next week on a $43.1 million project to widen Interstate 10 to six travel lanes from Davis Highway to the Escambia Bay Bridge and to widen Scenic Highway from Whisper Way to Northpointe Parkway.  In addition, construction crews will reconstruct the Scenic Highway overpass.

I'm a West-side guy, so I really don't know if the traffic is heavy enough to warrant expanding Interstate 10 to six lanes between I-110 and Scenic Highway.  Is traffic that bad?

One thing that I can understand is the construction of sound barrier walls.  There are a lot of people that live in that area and I'm sure they would appreciate a few less decibels.

When we were moving back to Hoover, AL we looked at a really nice house that had a huge finished basement.  The price was very attractive.  When we walked outside on the back deck, we knew why.  It backed up to the interchange of Interstate 65 and Interstate 459, and the sound was DEAFENING.  Since we are porch monkeys and enjoy a drink out back occasionally, we just couldn't pull the trigger on that house.  I am glad we waited.  Here's the view from the house we purchased.
Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? <a href=Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? Fall-210" />
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?   Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:19 am

The only heave traffic I've seen in that area is on the exit from I-10 onto Davis, then either way on Davis, especially north.. Too many lights, impatient idiots, and people leaving 10 feet between them and the car in front of them...... Basically, NO manners....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?   Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 am

When I was living in the area, off Garcon Point Road and had to drive 10W several miles over Escambia Bay Bridge, exiting on Scenic Hwy to get to the factory. The traffic was flipping *hellacious* and the drive (~8-miles) often took 45 - 90 minutes. They began work on the bridge ~10-days after we moved in. Of course, as soon as my husband and I divorced and I moved to town with a couple of my buddies from work, they finished with the work.

No doubt the situation is now far better :].
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?   Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 11:02 am

The construction on Davis and 110 is finished..  I remember them working on it in 85-88 when I was stationed here at the navy hospital..
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?   Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:05 pm

I live on the West side. No traffic jams getting to Big Lots and the Dollar tree.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?   Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:10 pm

The only backups I see are caused by inconsiderate drivers whos parents never taught them manners or courtesy..  They are always in a hurry and feel they are the most important ones on the roads.
They are the same ones that will cut in lines at the stores, movies, or restaurants..
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?   Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Here is the nice view from my house.. Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? 28iylat
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?   Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:16 pm

Is that water today??? I haven't seen any rain in a few days.....
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?   Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:24 pm

From a while back
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?   Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Aha!

Waterfront!
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?   Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Eat ya heart out!!!!! Nice isnt it?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?   Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:11 am

In my younger days, I might go skimboarding.

Cowabunga!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?   Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the traffic heavy enough to warrant expanding I-10?
Page 1 of 1