Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today

Go down 
+3
mediawatcher
Joanimaroni
Eric
7 posters
AuthorMessage

American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today Empty
PostSubject: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:00 pm

http://abcnewThe mystery surrounding two white flags that appeared on top of the Brooklyn Bridge today deepened as the New York City Police Department admitted they don't know who committed the security breach or how they accomplished it.

White flags, which are symbols of surrender, flew from poles on the stone supports atop the famed bridge that connects Brooklyn and Manhattan over the East River.

"I'm not particularly happy about the event," said NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton.

PHOTOS: Brooklyn Bridge Through The Years

Police officials said this afternoon that they have surveillance video of a group of four or five individuals walking onto the bridge shortly after 3 a.m.

"Those people will be of particular interest in this investigation," said NYPD Deputy Commissioner John Miller, who also oversees intelligence and counter terrorism
s.go.com/US/mysterious-white-flags-fly-place-american-flags-brooklyn/story?id=24662426

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:33 pm

The "white" flags were American flags that were bleached white.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Eric wrote:
The "white" flags were American flags that were bleached white.

I know.

Its a statement from someone. it will be interesting if they find out who did it and why.

I'm not sure yet if it is a surrender statement or a statement on how our country is dying.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:46 pm

ABC News said it might be an "Art project".

Kinda harmless, but it does call security into question.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:49 pm

A little unsettling.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 5:00 am

Eric wrote:

Like the security breech at One World Trade Center a few months ago...turned out to be harmless but the access to the area should have never happened....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:27 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:

Like the security breech at One World Trade Center a few months ago...turned out to be harmless but the access to the area should have never happened....

good point.

see that could have been the message too. Whoever done I could be saying look, America is gone you might as well surrender.

If they have cameras there I do not know how they could not see who done it.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 8:18 am

*~Tree~* wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:

good point.

see that could have been the message too. Whoever done I could be saying look, America is gone you might as well surrender.

If they have cameras there I do not know how they could not see who done it.

In a recent poll....67% said that the nation is more divided than just four years ago... There is a level of frustration and [imo] seems that the working middle class [what's left] is being pushed to the limits...Read some posts where the cowh has been credited with 'giving' poor people healthcare....no it's the taxpayers that are paying for that...Have heard more people questioning why do we continue to work in order to pay for those that don't/won't work...
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 9:37 am

America needs to be put on lock down...white flags on bridges ! Next they will be toilet papering the Whitehouse !
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 9:47 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
America needs to be put on lock down...white flags on bridges  !  Next they will be  toilet papering the Whitehouse !

Take a lot of toilet paper to clean up all the BS running out of that place.....
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 10:20 am

We need to look for Charmin sales.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:15 pm

DC is the dirtiest city I've ever seen, even dirtier than NYC, or the slums of Manila, PI, or Tokyo.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 4:52 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
We need to look for Charmin sales.

If that's the case.....BUY STOCK!!!!!....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 9:02 am

American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today MTE5NDg0MDU1MTUzNTA5OTAz

Politicians and Diapers should
be changed often, and for
the same reason - Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 5:53 pm

From the website theVerge:

Quote :

A pair of German artists say that they're the ones responsible for the mystery that's been gripping New York since late last month: who replaced the American flags atop the Brooklyn Bridge with colorless, white copies. The stunt immediately captured the attention of New Yorkers, who couldn't miss the flags' change on their morning commutes. But beyond that, the flags' replacement also created cause for concern, as many — the NYPD included — saw it as a potential security threat that apparent vandals were able to sneak on top of the bridge unnoticed.

"WE REALLY DIDN’T INTEND TO EMBARRASS THE POLICE."

The artists, Mischa Leinkauf and Matthias Wermke, revealed their identify to the The New York Times, providing a video of the flags at night as evidence. Leinkauf and Wermke say that their work atop the bridge was meant to celebrate "the beauty of public space." Leinkauf's comments to the Times also suggest that they did not consider that the flags' replacement might be seen as a security issue.  "From our Berlin background, we were a little surprised that it got the reaction it did," Leinkauf says. "We really didn’t intend to embarrass the police."

Leinkauf and Wermke are now seeking legal advice, though it appears that New York has not yet decided to whether or not it will prosecute. "We don’t take these things lightly, or as a joke, or as art," a deputy police commissioner said of the stunt, according to the Times. Leinkauf and Wermke's previous work has, similarly, involved the two artists scaling large structures, often simply to photograph themselves hanging from them. They've even worked with the Brooklyn Bridge in the past, installing a bundle of balloons on it back in 2007.

The artists say that their handling of the removed American flags was respectful and that they were folded "following the United States flag code." They intend to return the flags in the future. "We always face the consequences," Leinkauf tells the Times. "This is part of the work, to have an open discussion. We just needed a little time to decide how to respond to the reaction."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 6:30 pm

I don't believe this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 6:37 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
America needs to be put on lock down...white flags on bridges  !  Next they will be  toilet papering the Whitehouse !

The 9/11 terrorists would've never believed they would be so effective, even 13 years later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 6:40 pm

salinsky wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

The 9/11 terrorists would've never believed they would be so effective, even 13 years later.

The worlds a F-WORD DELETED BY MODERATOR up place. Im not sure if you have looked around at just about every damn country.

I don't believe the excuse. Its just too damn clear. Those colors did fade.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Tree, you should know by now that the F-word isn't allowed.

I'll fix it tomorrow in the filter... so that it doesn't "slip" through... no biggie.

https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com/t1797-use-of-the-n-word-and-other-words-too
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Leave it to the Europeans to do interpretive performance art with our national flag.

While in a 2-week Danish cultural immersion course before I spent some time in Denmark I learned that the Danes -- along with most other Europeans -- think of their national flag/s much like Americans regard a balloon (and that is a direct quote). It has little symbolic or historic value, and they might put some out on a mailbox to mark the correct house for a child's birthday (another quote). They are mystified by Americans' deep regard and respect for our flag, for our strange rituals surrounding it, like singing the Star Spangled Banner before ball games, and saluting the flag before school and at events.

Anyhow, not surprised it was a couple of Germans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 6:33 am

Sorry Eric

The worlds a screwed up place. And I still do not buy this bogus it was art crap

This is a cover

I would even want proof these men did it

They could be claiming they did it I hopes if deportation

I don't know why, but it does not makes sense and it won't flush
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:31 am

*~Tree~* wrote:
Sorry Eric

The worlds a screwed up place. And I still do not buy this bogus it was art crap

This is a cover

Ah, but they have proof. A video.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:49 am

Eric wrote:
American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today MTE5NDg0MDU1MTUzNTA5OTAz

Politicians and Diapers should
be changed often, and for
the same reason - Mark Twain

cheers cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Eric wrote:
*~Tree~* wrote:
Sorry Eric

This is a cover

Ah, but they have proof.  A video.

show me Razz 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today   American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today Empty

Back to top Go down

American flags replaced with white flags atop the brookland bridge today
Page 1 of 1