Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below Empty
PostSubject: Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below   Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:40 pm

It is simply AMAZING to me that this woman escaped with her life given the nature of this accident and the photo below (more @NoEscambia link below). While the article states that she suffered only minor injuries, in the comments section of the article, the gentleman whose girlfriend and children who were in the vehicle which was struck (they are all fine and at home w/him now) said that she is not doing well and asked for folks to pray for her. What a tragedy... So grateful that the other driver and her children are all okay, and sending up good thoughts for Ms Rainey. Thank god she was in a new full-sized pickup, and not in some little rollerskate car.

Quote :
(Updated) Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below
March 4, 2013

Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below I-10-Pine-Forest-205-540x359

One person was injured when a vehicle ran off I-10 this morning and crashed onto Pine Forest Road below.

The Florida Highway Patrol says the driver of the 2005 Dodge pickup, 52-year old Theresa Diane Rainey of Baker, receive only minor injuries in the crash.

Rainey was on I-10 approaching the bridge over Pine Forest Road when she ran into the median, crashed through a guardrail and went airborne before landing under the bridge on Pine Forest Road about 9:15 a.m. She was transported by ambulance to Sacred Heart Hospital.

A vehicle on Pine Forest Road was struck by the truck. The driver of that car, Tanya Marie Bray, age 22 of Cantonment, was not injured.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Rainey was suffering a medical emergency at the time of the crash.
http://www.northescambia.com/2013/03/vehicle-crashes-off-i-10-onto-pine-forest-road-below

Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below   Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:12 pm

There have been many crashes at that area. BOTH exit ramps have a traffic light and like typical FL interstates, you have to cross traffic to make a left turn. I know years ago, one of the cranes from Deep South Cranes hit the bridge and fell onto a car and I believe killed the driver. There are many wrecks on the south side of I-10 at the east bound exit because people get off of the exit and the bridge blocks your vision of the south bound cars. There is a sign saying "No right on red", but people don't see anything coming and make the turn anyway.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below   Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:24 pm

I am a very good, cautious driver and have only been in one accident since I've began driving around the age of thirteen (knock on wood), and I was t-boned by an idiot in a blizzard on black ice who blew a stop sign while he was speeding while talking on his mobile phone.

The first time I exited off the 10 Westbound onto the 110 (in a downpour and high-winds), I nearly went off the road and probably would have rolled my pickup if I had. That is the stupidest, most dangerous, off-camber exit or interchange (whatever it's called) I have ever had the displeasure to drive on. From then on, I went UNDER the speed limit on it, and once some jackhole actually PASSED me on it. Unbelievable.

But yeah, I agree with you that the Pine Forest ramps are stupid as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below   Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Wow. Glad there are no serious injuries. I hope the lady who ran off the Interstate makes it through whatever is wrong with her. 9:00 am---it could have been so much worse!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below   Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below Empty

Back to top Go down

Vehicle Crashes Off I-10 Bridge Onto Pine Forest Road Below
Page 1 of 1