Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?

Go down 
+6
koolkat
Jake92
hallmarkgrad
nochain
mediawatcher
Eric
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:42 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
I dont know why they did not go get him.  I guess the enemy was just too much for them to handle.   You would think that our military would have the resources to bring his ass back.  They should have went and got him and if was a deserter , tie his ass to pole and shoot him.  I can only guess our Army is short of nerve or either lacks the ability to fight.  Since your Yawning must mean I am boring you, I will let you have it.  Sorry to have wasted you time....

Don't disagree....but what world of political correctness have you been missing?....Had they done as you suggest...can you even imagine what would have happened?....There's nothing wrong with the Army or any other branch of the Armed Forces that a competent commander-in-chief couldn't fix....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:14 am

I read today that they kept moving Bergdahl around to a bunch of safe houses. Logistics weren't in the Army's favor as they would have had to raid something like 6 safe houses simultaneously in order to guarantee success.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:21 am

Boy, sure took them long enough to realize they were pawns

"Bergdahl Case Shakes Democrats’ Confidence in Administration"

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/06/world/asia/bowe-bergdahl-case-shakes-democrats-confidence-in-administration.html?hp
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 1:16 pm

It is strange how people did a 180 on Bergdahl's release.  The oldest tweets are at the bottom of the graphic.

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 TH2vW2w
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 4:57 am

Eric wrote:
It is strange how people did a 180 on Bergdahl's release.  The oldest tweets are at the bottom of the graphic.

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 TH2vW2w

Great example....but it further it explains the emotion of the issue....As Americans it's safe to say that we all have a built in belief that we as a nation should do what is needed to be done (within reason) in order to secure the release of any American held captive and/or returning of remains to the United States.... The correspondence is reflective of not only these feelings but also just how quick people can change when facts began to surface about this individual and the betrayal felt by many Americans...

Five terrorists, identified as 'high value' prisoners were exchanged for an individual that deserted the military, his unit and by some accounts his country...These five were attempted to be released earlier and members of this administration ruled against such a move because it would be too dangerous to do so...Knowing this.... the cowh bypassed not only Congress but members of this own administration...This action alone calls into question either the incompetence and/or arrogance of the cowh...

The cowh then took matters a step further and had a Rose Garden Ceremony with the parents of this individual celebrating the fact that he (cowh) had secured the release. This was a miscalculation at best when again it was known the circumstances in this matter. To compound the problem...National Security Advisor Susan Rice goes on the talk show circuit and states that this individual served with "honor and distinction".....How she allowed this to happen AGAIN is beyond comprehension...Now an administration official (forget name) decided to 'tweet' out and attack the members of this individuals' unit...you know some of the ones that sacrificed their lives searching for this deserter and others that did serve with honor and distinction....

This was a horrible move...compounded by arrogant political moves...and once again this administration looks like amateurs with their failed spin or talking points on this matter...But not to worry...Harry Reid echoed his support for the cowh using the similar words that were shrieked by HRC....what does it matter now....nice job Harry!...It's no wonder that there are many are questioning this administration...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 9:39 am

I read this morning that Bergdahl had a history of walking away from the barracks and returning. He was known in his hometown for his impromptu walks to a community 18 miles away. (I assume he walked back as well.)

Bob sent me an email that was reported to be his last email to his father before he went missing in Afghanistan. In it, he spoke very uncomplimentary of the army (calling his sargent a "shit bag" among other things) and was upset because he saw an Afghan child run over and killed by an MRAP. I gathered that the Americans weren't remorseful in the killing of the child.

He expressed contempt that Americans were arrogant and disrespected the Afghans, laughing at their backward ways.

He didn't mention the Taliban.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:19 am

Eric wrote:
I read this morning that Bergdahl had a history of walking away from the barracks and returning.  He was known in his hometown for his impromptu walks to a community 18 miles away.  (I assume he walked back as well.)

Bob sent me an email that was reported to be his last email to his father before he went missing in Afghanistan.  In it, he spoke very uncomplimentary of the army (calling his sargent a "shit bag" among other things) and was upset because he saw an Afghan child run over and killed by an MRAP.  I gathered that the Americans weren't remorseful in the killing of the child.  

He expressed contempt that Americans were arrogant and disrespected the Afghans, laughing at their backward ways.

He didn't mention the Taliban.

There are many that have  witnessed the horrors of war throughout history and that's simply not a justification for desertion...Of course to counter argue and defend this individual would have to once again say that Americans were once again wrong so this makes his actions justifiable....On today of all days...anyone suppose that the heroes at the invasions didn't see some HORROR?....Glad they had the intestinal fortitude and professionalism to do their jobs and honor their commitments and not turn tail or walk away....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:18 am

93 year-old Jim Martin after reenacting his parachute jump today into Normandy.  Thank you Jim Martin and all the others that were with him.

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 3K6mzmg
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:22 am

Nine thousand body shapes were etched into the sand to represent the ultimate sacrifice our soldiers gave for us on D-day.

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 XVeV9Cq
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:09 pm

Eric wrote:
93 year-old Jim Martin after reenacting his parachute jump today into Normandy.  Thank you Jim Martin and all the others that were with him.

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 3K6mzmg

AMEN!!!!
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Eric wrote:
Nine thousand body shapes were etched into the sand to represent the ultimate sacrifice our soldiers gave for us on D-day.

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 XVeV9Cq

Have had the honor to have visited and walked on those beaches...cannot describe the feelings nor will I ever be able to find the words to express the appreciation for those men and all of the GREATEST GENERATION that would express the thankfulness that they are due....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 10:13 am

After the invasion...

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 J5nqj33
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:20 pm

I just read in an e-mail from military.com that he MIGHT get $300,000 in back pay if he's found to be a POW..... But, if he's convicted of desertion or AWOL, he will get nothing.. Hopefully the judges do the right thing and not cave under pressure from the President.. They need to listen to the other men in his unit that were there when he disapeared.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 8:41 am

Jake92 wrote:
I just read in an e-mail from military.com that he MIGHT get $300,000 in back pay if he's found to be a POW.....  But, if he's convicted of desertion or AWOL, he will get nothing..  Hopefully the judges do the right thing and not cave under pressure from the President..  They need to listen to the other men in his unit that were there when he disapeared.

He should benefit in NO way for deserting!.... By the way the WH has thrown Sec of Def Chuck Hagel under the bus for making the deal to release the five from Gitmo....IS or HAS this cowh EVER taken responsibility for ANYTHING?...Not a fan of Hagel but everyone that works in this administration needs to be ready to be blamed for whatever crisis is front and center... we already know how won't be held accountable...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:50 am

BHO will soon make a pitiful speech that he wasn't informed of the circumstances surrounding the POS's desertion but he will ensure a thorough investigation so he can fire Hagel.

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 50895755
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:54 am

nochain wrote:
BHO will soon make a pitiful speech that he wasn't informed of the circumstances surrounding the POS's desertion but he will ensure a thorough investigation so he can fire Hagel.

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 50895755

First I learned was through the media

Am Angry

Will fully investigate

If wrongdoing found as reported heads will roll

Same formula for every scandal....and yet it is and will continue to work....
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:09 pm

I disagree w/ these opinions of Berghdal. He is an American soldier and should have been brought home. Nobody gets the punishment this guy took for deserting, if he did desert. The Taliban prisoners would have been released in a year anyway so it was good decision on Obama's part.To think that some people would leave a 26 yr. old in a POW situation for the rest of his life or left to die is appalling.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:28 pm

koolkat wrote:
I disagree w/ these opinions of Berghdal. He is an American soldier and should have been brought home. Nobody gets the punishment this guy took for deserting, if he did desert. The Taliban prisoners would have been released in a year anyway so it was good decision on Obama's part.To think that some people would leave a 26 yr. old in a POW situation for the rest of his life or left to die is appalling.

I don't see anyone on here advocating not allowing him to return just the illegal method Oblamer used to cut loose 5 significant terrorists.

Personally I'm glad he's back so he can stand trial and answer for his actions if the Army doesn't cover up the story (probably will though). I'm guessing he'll get a medical discharge, all of his back pay, and some sort of medical retirement benefit for the remaining years of his miserable life. WHAT A DEAL!

I am also guessing (not really) the families of the fallen who died looking for him get none of those benefits.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:31 pm

nochain wrote:
koolkat wrote:

I don't see anyone on here advocating not allowing him to return just the illegal method Oblamer used to cut loose 5 significant terrorists.

Personally I'm glad he's back so he can stand trial and answer for his actions if the Army doesn't cover up the story (probably will though). I'm guessing he'll get a medical discharge, all of his back pay, and some sort of medical retirement benefit for the remaining years of his miserable life. WHAT A DEAL!

I am also guessing (not really) the families of the fallen who died looking for him get none of those benefits.

Not going to fall for that crap!... He was and should be brought home period....BUT..... don't even care if there's punitive actions....NO honorable discharge and NO back pay....An honorable discharge is EARNED and if there are folks that don't understand that...then there's really no reason to even attempt to explain the concept of HONOR....INTEGRITY...PRIDE....He volunteered to serve and he made the decision to abandon his fellow soldiers....That's a great idea...divide that 300K among the families of those killed looking for this deserter...
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:42 pm

nochain wrote:
koolkat wrote:

As I said the terrorists were going to released anyway and there was nothing illegal about Obama's actions. The families did get life insurance.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:00 am

koolkat wrote:
nochain wrote:
koolkat wrote:

As I said the terrorists were going to released anyway and there was nothing illegal about Obama's actions. The families did get life insurance.

Oblamer acted illegally by not notifying Congress. That has been well documented. How do you know the 5 T's were going to be released anyway? I'm sure that whatever life insurance the "families" received is sufficient to replace their loved ones. Right?
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:30 am

nochain wrote:
koolkat wrote:
nochain wrote:
koolkat wrote:

Oblamer acted illegally by not notifying Congress. That has been well documented. How do you know the 5 T's were going to be released anyway? I'm sure that whatever life insurance the "families" received is sufficient to replace their loved ones. Right?

And HE (cowh) signed the document that required that Congress be notified....Claimed there were emergency circumstances that prompted the decision to be made immediately but Congress did not approve the release of the same five terrorists earlier so that raises questions...The WH did issue an apology of sorts but of course no one was held accountable....surprise!...Guess the political strategy of making the move to put 'points on the board' backfired...

Bad enough the loss of lives....but searching for a freakin deserter has to be a little tougher to accept...really doubt the life insurance covers the cost of the unnecessary losses...Since his return Bergdahl has received first class medial attention while honorably discharged veterans have been denied/placed on waiting list for what they EARNED...sound about right?....
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:32 am

There were no points on the board attempted.Your dislike for the President is noted but not relevant.Blaming Bergdahl for the deaths of the searchers is dishonest.Bergdahl has not received positive attention and his family has received death threats. You're just looking for a another way to tarnish the President.He did the right thing.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 11:04 am

I disagree with a couple of things, KoolKat.  Bergdahl's actions (leaving his designated area without permission) was nobody else's fault but his.  The four soldiers that died searching for him would be alive if he had stayed where he was supposed to be.

Mentioning that life insurance settles the score with the grieving families obviously doesn't provide young sons and daughters and wives with a father and husband that they loved.  No amount of money will restore those families.

Agree about the death threats.  Death threats against Bergdahl's family are cowardly actions taken by scumbags that think they're anonymous.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 11:19 am

koolkat wrote:
There were no points on the board attempted.Your dislike for the President is noted but not relevant.Blaming Bergdahl for the deaths of the searchers is dishonest.Bergdahl has not received positive attention and his family has received death threats. You're just looking for a another way to tarnish the President.He did the right thing.

Why should Bergdahl receive "positive" attention? And BTW, one doesn't have to even look for a way to "tarnish" Oblamer, he does just fine on his own. The death threat issue against the deserters family - absolutely wrong but there are sick people out there. Hopefully the calls are being investigated and the losers caught. If Oblamer had followed the law and notified Congress about the transfer everything would have been cool. Don't you ever ask yourself why he continues to circumvent the constitution and laws?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?   Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bergdahl Release - Right thing to do?
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next