Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship. Empty
PostSubject: Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship.   Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:29 am

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130415/NEWS01/304150018/Pensacola-Ice-Flyers-win-President-s-Cup

Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship. Iceflyers11-540x332

In one of the rarest, special nights in Pensacola’s sports history, the Ice Flyers won the Southern Professional Hockey League championship with a riveting, heart-thumping 2-0 victory Sunday against the Huntsville Havoc in the deciding game of the President’s Cup Finals.

A crowd of 4,693 didn’t want to leave. Neither did the players. They could have celebrated until sunrise today. They probably are.

Congratulation to the Flyers.

I have been to a total of one hockey game... But I had fun shouting my head off. That was a few years ago.

Last edited by Eric on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship.   Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:13 am

I have never been to a hockey game mainly because I do not like hockey, but congratulations to the Ice Flyers. Way to bring some positive notoriety to Pensacola instead of all the negative stuff we hear about.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship.   Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:53 am

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
I have never been to a hockey game mainly because I do not like hockey, but congratulations to the Ice Flyers. Way to bring some positive notoriety to Pensacola instead of all the negative stuff we hear about.

I don't know a damn thing about hockey, but I like to have fun. We went with a wild and crazy couple and enjoyed ourselves immensely.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship.   Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:47 am

Awesome....we use to go but haven't been in years.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship.   Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Eric wrote:
Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:

I don't know a damn thing about hockey, but I like to have fun. We went with a wild and crazy couple and enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Maybe that's why I don't like it because I know nothing about each of the lines on the ice and their purpose. I also know nothing about the rules. Growing up in the South we didn't even know what ice hockey was. We had hockey in Oklahoma when I lived there but my concentration was football, basketball and track.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship.   Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:55 pm

Writing from the hospital (again). Once a week the Ice Flyers come to Sacred Heart's pediatric wards giving kids stuffed animals and a few good words to sick kids who think they are stars.

They already won the championship a long time ago. I hope they know it.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship.   Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Congratulations Ice Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship.   Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ice Flyers Win Hockey Championship.
Page 1 of 1