Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey

Go down 
+3
ZVUGKTUBM
Ghost Rider
Eric
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey Empty
PostSubject: Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey   Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 10:42 am

From Rick's Blog

Quote :
Mr. Outzen, come and defend yourself…another bizarre chapter in Escambia County folklore

Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey Valentino

Just when we thought county government couldn’t get any more bizarre, Escambia County Commissioner Chairman Gene Valentino called me out yesterday afternoon during the board’s Committee of the Whole meeting.

He and Interim County Administrator George Touart were upset about being made losers in this week’s issue of The Independent News. Valentino demanded on camera that I show up, not hide behind this blog and defend myself.

Of course, I immediately walked across the street and sat down on the front row in board chambers and waited for any questions from Commissioner Valentino and Mr. Touart.

Valentino promptly said that I wasn’t going to be allowed to speak. After them taking a few more jabs at me, the commission moved on.

Too funny. We will have the video online by next Monday.

Once I was there, I decided to stay for the discussion of the hiring of a new county administrator—much of which I will report in next week’s issue.

Commissioner Wilson Robertson opened the discussion wanting to see if his fellow commissioners were willing to halt the process, save any money needed to interview the finalists and simply give Touart a one-year contract.

Touart was allowed to speak and asked for the one-year contract, that he wanted to begin Oct. 1 and run through Sept. 30, 2014—-actually 15 months more, but math has never held Touart back.

Commissioner Steven Barry made the motion that Touart be completely dropped from the candidate pool. That eventually got modified for the administrator search to be reopened, Touart not being allowed to apply and the goal for hiring the new administrator be by Dec. 1, 2013 but no later than Feb. 28, 2014.

Commissioners Lumon May, Grover Robinson and Barry voted for the motion. Robertson and Valentino voted against it.

There’s much, much more but you will have to wait.

Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey   Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 12:19 pm

I applaud May, Robinson and Barry for standing up to the bully George Valentino. This guy is such a cry baby that when he does not get his way he whines and whines. It is about time someone stand up to him and Wilson Robertson both.

Keep it coming Rick.
Back to top Go down
ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PostSubject: Re: Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey   Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 7:55 pm

I live in District 1, and how we EVER elected Robertson, then re-elected him escapes me completely......
Back to top Go down
http://www.led-flashlight-reviews.com/
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey   Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 8:20 am

That's good news.

Anybody see the article yesterday about Sheriff Morgan's request to keep the jail? The first line in his letter was (paraphrased) "I understand that we will have a new city administrator by February 14."

Morgan didn't go into detail about his statement. There must have been some really bad blood between Touart and Morgan. I don't know how I missed it, but I didn't know about that. I thought Morgan's primary problem was Valentino.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey   Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:18 am

Confession... I worked hard to get Mr Gene re-elected. I dont know what has happened to him but at one time he was a good guy. I had a very serious drainage issue and he worked with me to resolve it. He did not make many friends by helping me as it was a major Blunder by the Engineering and planning Depts. It took over a year and over 500,000 dollars to resolve it. I have not talked to him in quite a while, I guess I need to do so. The entire Tor-rat thing has really soured me on anything to do with the county.
Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey 35it84y
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey   Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:03 am

If you are a campaign contributor for any local politician, you can get things done, if not, you wait starting at the bottom of the list....
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey   Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:25 am

Jake92 wrote:
If you are a campaign contributor for any local politician, you can get things done, if not, you wait starting at the bottom of the list....

How have you been, Jake? Haven't seen you around the cybertown much lately.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey   Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:33 am

I wonder if Sheriff Morgan was expecting a reluctant County Commission with his "y'all can have the jail back" move?

Maybe he was expecting the Commission to beg him to keep managing the jail and ask "now, how much more money do you need?"

If so, it backfired.

As long as Gene Valentino is Chairman, I don't think the Commission will give Morgan the time of day.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey   Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 2:34 am

Melissa, I was in NY visiting friends and relatives for almost a month.. One beautiful thing was the 4th of July concert at West Point that welcomed the incoming class of 2017, followed by fireworks. I spent many Sunday afternoons/evenings watching them when I was growing up..
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey   Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 6:59 am

Jake92 wrote:
Melissa, I was in NY visiting friends and relatives for almost a month..  One beautiful thing was the 4th of July concert at West Point that welcomed the incoming class of 2017, followed by fireworks.  I spent many Sunday afternoons/evenings watching them when I was growing up..

Good for you! Glad you're back. cheers 
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey   Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 5:49 am

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
I live in District 1, and how we EVER elected Robertson, then re-elected him escapes me completely......

Wilson has brought even more insanity.....if that's possible....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey   Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey Empty

Back to top Go down

Escambia County Cowardly Action... Same ol' Bull Hockey
Page 1 of 1