Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ever Drive Down "Fancy Gap" on I-77?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Ever Drive Down "Fancy Gap" on I-77? Empty
PostSubject: Ever Drive Down "Fancy Gap" on I-77?   Ever Drive Down "Fancy Gap" on I-77? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:00 pm

When I was a pharmaceutical salesman, the location of that catastrophic wreck was near my territory. This mountain is a pretty good sized mountain (for the Smokies) and there are multiple run-away truck ramps headed toward North Carolina after coming down from the gap.

My wife is afraid of heights and I am a little stupid... okay, a lot stupid... and I hauled ass down that mountain in our van in an effort to feed her anxiety. Christine dug fingernail holes in her armrests. In my defense, I drove over 30 counties and I covered them every 6 weeks, so I have experience driving in areas like this.

In fog, coming down that mountain, I can imagine that it is insanely dangerous!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ever Drive Down "Fancy Gap" on I-77?   Ever Drive Down "Fancy Gap" on I-77? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:39 pm

We drove the PCH a few years ago and my wife was also terrified.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Ever Drive Down "Fancy Gap" on I-77?   Ever Drive Down "Fancy Gap" on I-77? EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:28 am

The PCH is primarily so treacherous because of all the idiots from LA who don't know how to drive that are on it all day every day... Well, depending on what section of it you're on, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever Drive Down "Fancy Gap" on I-77?   Ever Drive Down "Fancy Gap" on I-77? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ever Drive Down "Fancy Gap" on I-77?
Page 1 of 1