Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Don't drive slow in left lane

Go down 
+3
Writlarge
Joanimaroni
Eric
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Don't drive slow in left lane Empty
PostSubject: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:38 am

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130617/OPINION/306170001/Editorial-Red-lights-white-knuckles

PNJ wrote:
On Wednesday, Scott signed a transportation bill – House Bill 7125 – that includes a law to require slow-poke drivers to move out of the left lane or face a potential fine of $60. The News-Press in Fort Myers reported that left-lane drivers will no longer be allowed to drive more than 10 mph below the speed limit if they know they are being overtaken by faster-moving vehicles. The bill includes exceptions, such as when drivers are preparing to turn left at intersections, the New-Press reported.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:21 pm

cheerscheerscheers
Back to top Go down
Writlarge

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:21 pm

I think the speed limit should be lowered to 55 on the interstates, and 30 on hwy 98.  25 across all bridges, and 5 through neighborhoods.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:00 am

Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:57 am

Just made a 2,000 mile run.  Took 65 to interstate 24 then 57.  Left lane hogs seem to be worse from Nashville on up.  I only run 80  but damn at times it was unreal.  My peeve is people "slooooowly" passing 18 wheelers. Damn just get on around.  Besides it is NOT a good idea to run next to trucks.  Watch a couple of tires explode and you can see why.  BTW It is almost always the inside dual that explodes.  The inside tire goes flat and the driver can not see it until it is too late.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:09 am

Bout time!
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:38 am

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:40 am

HG:

Just made a 2,000 mile run.  Took 65 to interstate 24 then 57.  Left lane hogs seem to be worse from Nashville on up.  I only run 80  but damn at times it was unreal.  My peeve is people "slooooowly" passing 18 wheelers. Damn just get on around.  Besides it is NOT a good idea to run next to trucks.  Watch a couple of tires explode and you can see why.  BTW It is almost always the inside dual that explodes.  The inside tire goes flat and the driver can not see it until it is too late.

The eighteen wheelers are there all day, every day and I respect them.  I watch them like a hawk.  If one is flashing his turn signal to get into the left lane so he can pass, I will do what I can to let him in... and flash my lights at him to let him know that there is at least ONE considerate 4-wheeler out there.

If I am passing one and see he is closing in on another vehicle, I'll gun it to get past him, so he can pull out behind me.  Even if there is traffic behind me, if I gun it, it usually opens up enough room for him to safely pull out and pass. 

I usually run 72 or 73, unless I am in Atlanta... where you need to DO 80 or get overrun by 6 lanes of traffic.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:58 am

I dont allways run 80  I start out, like you, at 72-75 but the Toyota just loves 80 at 3000rpm.  Kinda of a sweet spot but I dont fight the traffic. I just go with the flow until it all opens up.  Always keep out of the left lane as much as possible because that is what the cops are looking for, a car in the left lane buzzing past every one.  Being I used to be a truck driver, I do the light signals a lot also.  Sometimes at night I even do the old quick blink when passing.  It really helps when some one flashes their lights and lets you know your trailer is clear.  Always a worry that some one may have slipped into your blind spot.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:36 pm

I have been giving the light signals for 45 years and normaly get the thank you blinks from the truckers..  The thank yous work both ways also, especially when I signal them that they are clear to pull in front of me...
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Some company's dont allow the "Blink" switchs.  I used used have to mine wired into the brakes lights.  so when ya buzz though a radar shot you can hit the brakes with out the brakes lights coming on.  The old LEOS used to watch to see if you hit the brakes just to confirm you were speeding.  But that changed when they outlawed radar detectors for trucks.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:11 pm

I don't have a blink switch, but I have a flasher button I can hold down for a couple of seconds.  It flashes the front caution lights too, but whattaIcare?
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 pm

New cars do, Old trucks did not have them, you had to add them.  But now I think they are standard equipment.  Last big rig I drove had it from the factory. 
I misread your post  Good idea on the Flasher trick  I some times just very quickly tap the brakes.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:49 pm

There should be signs at every entrance to an interstate and every few miles after entrences advising people of the new law, then ENFORCE the law by pulling drivers over and explaning the law to them..  I bet every cop would rather do that than write up an accident report, especially if it includes injuries or deaths.  The signs would be good on regular roads ie Mobile Hwy, Michigan Ave, Brent, Davis, and many others in the area..  People could never be educated too much....
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:21 pm

Just drove to Durham NC. No less than six accidents either shutting down the interestate or putting it to a speed-of-solid crawl. 

I am all for driving a healthy speed and absolutely loathe slowpokes in the fast lane. Since they are in no hurry, their punishments should be standing in line at the DMV and other long line places for those of us inclined to live at a normal pace.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 7:16 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Some company's dont allow the "Blink" switchs.  I used used have to mine wired into the brakes lights.  so when ya buzz though a radar shot you can hit the brakes with out the brakes lights coming on.  The old LEOS used to watch to see if you hit the brakes just to confirm you were speeding.  But that changed when they outlawed radar detectors for trucks.

If you have activated your emergency flashers and at anytime they are activated if you touch your brakes the rear lights stop flashing and brake lights come on steady. This is true for most all the newer vehicles. I have a 2012 Toyota and I know that to be true of my flashers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive slow in left lane   Don't drive slow in left lane Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't drive slow in left lane
Page 1 of 1