Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

California considering legalizing lane splitting

Go down 
+2
TEOTWAWKI
Eric
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

California considering legalizing lane splitting Empty
PostSubject: California considering legalizing lane splitting   California considering legalizing lane splitting EmptySat May 30, 2015 8:46 am

http://news.yahoo.com/video/california-could-first-state-legalize-125034783-cbs.html

Allowing motorcycles to ride between rows of cars.

That is dangerous as hell! California might wind up with bikes driving willy-nilly.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: California considering legalizing lane splitting   California considering legalizing lane splitting EmptySun May 31, 2015 10:20 am

What ? it was legal when I lived there back in 06 as long as traffic wasn't traveling faster than 35. They had a few accidents due to it
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: California considering legalizing lane splitting   California considering legalizing lane splitting EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 7:31 am

Sounds dangerous to me. As a driver I do watch for motorcycles - behind me, ahead of me, meeting me at a cross street. But to come in between me and another car while driving? Gee, can I start driving my car on sidewalks? LOL
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: California considering legalizing lane splitting   California considering legalizing lane splitting EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 7:55 am

Odd, that was common practice when I was in the Navy going to school in Coronado. Of course there were a few incidents when traffic was stopped and someone opened their car door just in time for a bike to smack into it....
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: California considering legalizing lane splitting   California considering legalizing lane splitting EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 2:07 pm

I didn't know it had a name until a cyclist did it to me last week down in South Florida. We'd driven down to Key West and were on our way home when it happened.   I was hoping a traffic cop would get the guy but my daughter told me that lane-splitting was legal in some counties in Florida. I don't know if it's true or not but we were still in the Keys and they do seem to have some strange rules down there. Chickens are everywhere and that can't be the most sanitary thing around food vendors.
The guy nearly caused a serious accident. I can't believe that a cyclist has a right to pass cars in the same lane in any state, but evidently they do. It's insanity, IMO.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: California considering legalizing lane splitting   California considering legalizing lane splitting EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:14 pm

It's legal in some states... I think Kansas is one of them. I don't think California should be one because of the ratio of jackwagon to normal-range IQ people there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: California considering legalizing lane splitting   California considering legalizing lane splitting Empty

Back to top Go down

California considering legalizing lane splitting
Page 1 of 1