Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Georgia "slow poke" bill - misdemeanor if you block faster drivers in fast lane

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Georgia "slow poke" bill - misdemeanor if you block faster drivers in fast lane Empty
PostSubject: Georgia "slow poke" bill - misdemeanor if you block faster drivers in fast lane   Georgia "slow poke" bill - misdemeanor if you block faster drivers in fast lane EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:17 pm

I love it.   cheers 

Jerks that get in the left lane and hang there are one of my pet peeves.

Quote :
By Aaron Gould Sheinin
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Those who lollygag in the left lane of highways and interstates could be ticketed under legislation approved in the state House on Wednesday.

House Bill 459, by Rep. Bill Hitchens, R-Rincon, was approved 162-9.

The bill makes it a misdemeanor for any driver on a divided highway who does not move to the right when a car going faster approaches from behind.

“Everybody knows this is the slow-poke bill,” Hitchens said.

Hitchens said he knows enforcement will be difficult — an officer will have to witness it happening.
“My reason for doing this is more for an educational opportunity for people who don’t understand you’re not supposed to ride 55, 60 mph in that left lane when you’ve got 15, 16, 17 people lined up behind you.”

That kind of situation has been known to be “the spark that ignites road rage,” Hitchens said, adding that it’s really just good manners.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

Georgia "slow poke" bill - misdemeanor if you block faster drivers in fast lane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georgia "slow poke" bill - misdemeanor if you block faster drivers in fast lane   Georgia "slow poke" bill - misdemeanor if you block faster drivers in fast lane EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:40 am

I recall seeing signs in the hills outside of Seattle that if there are more than 5 (I think) cars behind you to pull over and let them pass, there were little turn outs every so often to allow this. I see it every day - some hard head parked in the left lane doing 5 MPH under the speed limit. Of course these same bone heads never look in the rear view mirror and move over when they see a crowd behind them.

Georgia "slow poke" bill - misdemeanor if you block faster drivers in fast lane Left-lane1
Back to top Go down

Georgia "slow poke" bill - misdemeanor if you block faster drivers in fast lane
Page 1 of 1