Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"I'll be working with this guy in ten years. If we're both still alive".

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BobW

BobW

"I'll be working with this guy in ten years.  If we're both still alive". Empty
PostSubject: "I'll be working with this guy in ten years. If we're both still alive".   "I'll be working with this guy in ten years.  If we're both still alive". EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:49 am

Aykroyd said those words at the end of this interview. It was September, 1981.
Unfortunately it was not to be. Belushi died only five months later.
And what is so remarkable is that, in this interview shortly before his death, he appeared to really have it together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWNdweemVyc
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: "I'll be working with this guy in ten years. If we're both still alive".   "I'll be working with this guy in ten years.  If we're both still alive". EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:41 am

Such a talented guy and it is a shame it ended so early. If he had only learned "moderation".

Reminds me of someone else I know that does not know that word... someone who will go unnamed here.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: "I'll be working with this guy in ten years. If we're both still alive".   "I'll be working with this guy in ten years.  If we're both still alive". EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:45 am

Eric wrote:
Such a talented guy and it is a shame it ended so early. If he had only learned "moderation".

Reminds me of someone else I know that does not know that word... someone who will go unnamed here.

It's okay. Teo's not here anymore so he won't know you said it. lol

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: "I'll be working with this guy in ten years. If we're both still alive".   "I'll be working with this guy in ten years.  If we're both still alive". EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:49 am

Bob, you and I know it ain't Teo.

I'll give you a hint. It's somebody that brings a bottle of whiskey to a Margarita party in case the blender runs a little slow...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: "I'll be working with this guy in ten years. If we're both still alive".   "I'll be working with this guy in ten years.  If we're both still alive". EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:52 am

At least that person I'm talking about has sense enough not to drive while drunk.

Unlike this person http://www.salemnews.com/local/x1533629266/Police-Wrong-way-driver-was-drunk

Quote :
Trena Baron managed to make it six miles going the wrong way on Route 128 early Sunday before she was stopped and arrested, police said.

...When state troopers offered her a Breathalyzer test and tried to explain how it works, she responded, “I know how these tests work. I have one in my car,” according to police.

That’s because she has two previous drunken-driving convictions, police said.

Baron, 27, of Nashua, N.H., wasn’t using her own car, though, as she allegedly drove south in the northbound lanes of Route 128 from Gloucester to Beverly shortly before 4 a.m., nearly colliding head-on with at least one driver and triggering “multiple” 911 calls to police.

Trooper James Maloney finally managed to intercept the Kia with California plates somewhere between exits 17 and 18 in Beverly.

When Baron rolled down the window, Maloney wrote, the trooper was “overwhelmed” by the strong odor of alcohol coming from inside the car.

“What did I do?” Baron asked, according to the report. Told she had been going the wrong way, Baron’s passenger chimed in, “I’ve been telling her that for the last 10 minutes,” police said.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: "I'll be working with this guy in ten years. If we're both still alive".   "I'll be working with this guy in ten years.  If we're both still alive". EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:03 am

On Belushi's wiki page, Aykroyd is quoted as saying "at times, he would drink an entire fifth of Jack Daniel's in less than five minutes"

There is a really compelling tv documentary series called "Final 24". Each episode takes 54 minutes to tell the story of a celebrity's final day of life.
The Belushi episode is one of the most interesting of all. Here's the link but whoever
uploaded it did a shitty job with the audio. You have to squint your ears to understand all the dialogue but it's so interesting that it's actually worth watching it in my opinion.
The first part reveals that, only three years before he drank and drugged himself to death, he had reached a milestone no one else had ever accomplished. All at the very same time, he had the number one late night TV show (SNL), the number one movie (Blues Brothers), and the number one record album (Blue Brothers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwfveGTx5xU

In part 2, it's revealed that he was short of money on that last day. He told his manager, Bernie Brillstein, he needed $1800 to buy a guitar. Brillstein gave him the money and says he didn't know Belushi wanted the money to buy drugs.

Last edited by BobW on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: "I'll be working with this guy in ten years. If we're both still alive".   "I'll be working with this guy in ten years.  If we're both still alive". EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:08 am

Talk about "overmodulation"! If I had heard that on CB radio, I'da said that they were "blowing smoke".
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: "I'll be working with this guy in ten years. If we're both still alive".   "I'll be working with this guy in ten years.  If we're both still alive". EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:16 am

Eric wrote:
Talk about "overmodulation"! If I had heard that on CB radio, I'da said that they were "blowing smoke".

What's so frustrating is that a lot of those "Final 24" episodes have been uploaded all in one part and all with good audio.
But the Belushi one is all fubar'ed up.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: "I'll be working with this guy in ten years. If we're both still alive".   "I'll be working with this guy in ten years.  If we're both still alive". EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:20 am

Interestingly one of Bob Woodward's books was about Belushi and his death. All the people around Belushi, including Aykroyd and Belushi's wife, consented to long interviews for the book.
But when the book was published they all said it was a piece of shit and publically trashed it to the point that their criticism killed it's sales.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: "I'll be working with this guy in ten years. If we're both still alive".   "I'll be working with this guy in ten years.  If we're both still alive". EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 6:31 pm

BobW wrote:
On Belushi's wiki page, Aykroyd is quoted as saying "at times, he would drink an entire fifth of Jack Daniel's in less than five minutes"

There is a really compelling tv documentary series called "Final 24". Each episode takes 54 minutes to tell the story of a celebrity's final day of life.
The Belushi episode is one of the most interesting of all. Here's the link but whoever
uploaded it did a shitty job with the audio. You have to squint your ears to understand all the dialogue but it's so interesting that it's actually worth watching it in my opinion.
The first part reveals that, only three years before he drank and drugged himself to death, he had reached a milestone no one else had ever accomplished. All at the very same time, he had the number one late night TV show (SNL), the number one movie (Blues Brothers), and the number one record album (Blue Brothers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwfveGTx5xU

In part 2, it's revealed that he was short of money on that last day. He told his manager, Bernie Brillstein, he needed $1800 to buy a guitar. Brillstein gave him the money and says he didn't know Belushi wanted the money to buy drugs.

Hey Bob, I searched for a high-def version of the Belushi piece on The Final 24 and while I did not find one I believe the sound quality on the below DailyMotion video is FAR SUPERIOR to than anything I could find posted @YouTube... like original sound quality. This is the whole 54-minute episode.

He was a remarkable entertainer... One for the history books. Such a tragic loss.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I'll be working with this guy in ten years. If we're both still alive".   "I'll be working with this guy in ten years.  If we're both still alive". Empty

Back to top Go down

"I'll be working with this guy in ten years. If we're both still alive".
Page 1 of 1