Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today Empty
PostSubject: NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today   NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:06 pm

We talk about the ECSO. They are NOTHING compared to the thugs of New York City. They stop and frisk people, getting in their faces and trying to piss people off so they will go ballistic.

http://gawker.com/5990588/congratulations-to-the-nypd-on-its-5-millionth-stop-and-frisk

Quote :
For more than a decade now it's been customary for New York cops to stop people in the streets without reasonable suspicion, pat them down, and search their belongings, occasionally threatening to break the citizens' arms in the process.

NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today Origin11

Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today   NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Eric wrote:
We talk about the ECSO. They are NOTHING compared to the thugs of New York City. They stop and frisk people, getting in their faces and trying to piss people off so they will go ballistic.

http://gawker.com/5990588/congratulations-to-the-nypd-on-its-5-millionth-stop-and-frisk

Quote :
For more than a decade now it's been customary for New York cops to stop people in the streets without reasonable suspicion, pat them down, and search their belongings, occasionally threatening to break the citizens' arms in the process.

NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today Origin11

I've never been to New York. I think it would be cool to visit and walk around telling those Yankees "Fuhgiddaboudit!
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today   NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:55 am

It's basically the taxpayers wanting the police to do their jobs, the normal citizens NOT helping the cops by saying "I didn't see anything", and the judges letting the criminals off with a slap on the wrist. The police think if they can get enough people see them looking and frisking, they will start reporting the crimes and seeing things..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today   NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:14 am

Yeah, but what about personal freedoms to go about your lives without being harassed multiple times a day by the cops?

NYC is becoming a frigging stalag for pedestrians.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today   NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:26 am

Just like everything else, the ones with the loudest mouths get the most publicity. I've known people that live in NYC for many many years and they never have any problems with the police... I talk with them at least a few times a week..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today   NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:44 am

Are these people minorities, Jake?
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today   NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:12 am

Some are minorities and some aren't.. The big question is what are teenagers doing out in the streets when they should be in school?? What are they doing walking around with hooded sweatshirts on in the summer when it's 100 degrees out?? MANY of them are drawing attention to themselves by standing out more than typical normal acting people..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today   NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:34 am

It isn't a crime to wear a hooded sweatshirt.

I agree that dressing a certain way calls attention to one's self but it isn't illegal.

Unless there is evidence of a crime being perpetrated, people should be left alone.

We have laws against unreasonable searches and I believe these are not reasonable. This is America... land of the free.

Did you listen to that video recording, Jake? That is real. It isn't right for police to bully people with impunity.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today   NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:52 am

I agree 100% that they shouldn't bully people around..... I did listen to the video recording but how many very polite stops were never recorded. In MY OPINION, the kid was looking for something to record and he attracted attention to himself so he could record it, post it, and have it played, making himself a hero in his own mind..

I have no problem getting stopped for questions or even stopped on the road for a breathalizer or license check.. It used to be fairly common, but not for the last 20 years and maybe not in P'cola, but in the rest of the country, it happened.

Last edited by Jake92 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today   NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:16 am

Jake92 wrote:
I agree 100% that they shouldn't bully people around..... I did listen to the video recording but how many very polite stops were never recorded. In MY OPINION, the kid was looking for something to record and he attracted attention to himself so he could record it, post it, and have it played, making himself a hero in his own mind..

I have no problem getting stopped for questions or even stopped on the road for a breathalizer or license check.. It used to be fairly common, but not for the last 20 years and maybe not in P'cola, buit in the rest of the country, it happened.

You have a valid point, Jake. The kid wouldn't have recorded it if he didn't want to make a point... and very well could have made sure he was stopped.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today   NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Eric wrote:
Yeah, but what about personal freedoms to go about your lives without being harassed multiple times a day by the cops?

NYC is becoming a frigging stalag for pedestrians.

AMEN, BROTHER!

NYPD needs to brush-up on a little thing I like to call The United States Constitution!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today   NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:28 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/trial-over-nypd-stop-frisk-tactic-set-begin-175924729.html

Quote :
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Police Department's practice of stopping, questioning and frisking people on the street is facing its biggest legal challenge this week with a federal civil rights trial on whether the tactic unfairly targets minorities.

Police have made about 5 million stops of New Yorkers in the past decade, mostly black and Hispanic men. The trial, set to begin Monday, will include testimony from a dozen people who say they were targeted because of their race and from police whistleblowers who say they were forced into making slipshod stops by bosses who were too focused on numbers.

"When we say stop, question and frisk, we're not talking about a brief inconvenience on the way to work or school," said Darius Charney of the Center for Constitutional Rights, the lead attorney on the case. "We're talking about a frightening, humiliating experience that has happened to many folks."
U.S. District Court Judge Shira Scheindlin, who has said in earlier rulings that she is deeply concerned about stop and frisk, is not being asked to ban the tactic, since it has been found to be legal. But she does have the power to order reforms, which could bring major changes to how the nation's largest police force and other departments use the tactic.

Street stops have become a New York flashpoint, with mass demonstrations, City Council hearings and, most recently, days of protests after police shot a teenager who authorities say pulled out a gun during a stop.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly say it is a necessary, life-saving, crime-fighting tool that helps keep illegal guns off the street and has helped New York reach all-time crime lows.

The kid that was killed had three slugs in his back and four in his front. Eyewitness accounts dispute the cop story that the kid had a gun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today   NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today Empty

Back to top Go down

NYPD Does 5 Millionth Stop and Frisk Today
Page 1 of 1