Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sir Knighted one @ Sheriff's Office gets rid of helicopters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Sir Knighted one @ Sheriff's Office gets rid of helicopters Empty
PostSubject: Sir Knighted one @ Sheriff's Office gets rid of helicopters   Sir Knighted one @ Sheriff's Office gets rid of helicopters EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:52 am

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130306/NEWS01/303060026/Escambia-County-Sheriff-s-Office-s-copter-operations-grounded

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan has ended his office’s air operations and will return two helicopters to the state.

The Sheriff’s Office air unit has been aloft since October 2001 and has been kept alive in the past few years by hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of federal grants.

The unit conducts a number of law enforcement missions and provides assistance to other agencies.

But it “was not providing a level of service relative to cost of operation that could be reasonably sustained” so the program was ended, according to a news release from the office.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sir Knighted one @ Sheriff's Office gets rid of helicopters   Sir Knighted one @ Sheriff's Office gets rid of helicopters EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:32 pm

In other words, no fundie, no flyie...

Here! Take these choppers... they're not fun anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Sir Knighted one @ Sheriff's Office gets rid of helicopters   Sir Knighted one @ Sheriff's Office gets rid of helicopters EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Great timing. They shoul be completing The new firehouse on Perdido Key this summer that was pushed through in part because Gene Valentino said we so desperately needed a helipad on top.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Sir Knighted one @ Sheriff's Office gets rid of helicopters   Sir Knighted one @ Sheriff's Office gets rid of helicopters EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:53 pm

You friggin' jokin' me?? That was an actual, official reason??? What a goddamn joke. I mean, to start with IT'S FLAT out there... a damn helicopter can land damn near ANYWHERE and certainly doesn't need a roof on top of a new FD building to perch atop! To me that just reeks of someones little wee wee feeling bigger when he got to play with the big Tonka toys. I despise men like that.

Tell me, SS... I don't know much about PK at all... did you all have your own fire department and firehouse before?? And this is just throwing good money after bad?

Dammit if it doesn't hold true that some of the stupidest local politics in all the world I believe are happening right there in you all's front yards. No offense intended.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sir Knighted one @ Sheriff's Office gets rid of helicopters   Sir Knighted one @ Sheriff's Office gets rid of helicopters Empty

Back to top Go down

Sir Knighted one @ Sheriff's Office gets rid of helicopters
Page 1 of 1